PDA

View Full Version : Trouble bleeding fuel system.

Dead Bunny
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
fixed fixed

Labbinski
04-09-2009, 04:13 PM
You don't think that the problem may be the lift pump itself If you have no air before and all the air is after the pump then I would suspect a lift pump As for the nozzles they are mearly pop off valves all the injection is done by the pump and you can pull them and have the pop off pressures tested at any good fuel lab .Does the vehicle seem to run ok just not restarting

guyd_15
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
+1 for lift pump.

At work I deal with all kinds of diesels JD, Cummins, Detroit (53-92 series), Perkins, Lombardini. 1-12 cylinders. Sometimes w/ 300 feet of fuel line.

Have you tried pressurizing the full tank (Don't go crazy start at 5 psi).

And if you use this method carefully it can find fuel problems very quickly and easily.

Once you pressurize the tank (I use a regulator to determine psi to tank) start checking for fuel at each connection after the lift pump. Having a helper to turn off the air is nice once you find the problem....

You don't need any special fittings, just wrap a rag around the line your using to seal it in the filler neck.

Call a local diesel service shop if you still have problems. Most of the local commercial (not diesel speed shops) shops in my area will test them for a little over $15. I still suspect insufficent pressure for injector to pop off.

Guy