PDA

View Full Version : New Problems!

Lee'sdaytona
04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone.
I was having problems with my daytona (87 pacifica, 2.2 converted to TII, stock TII injectors, Custom Cal LM from FWD performance, boost graingered to 10 psi, Everything else stock)
SO the problem was the digital dash speedo was going crazy, and the car was running rich. I bought and replaced the SDS from Mopar, thinking the running rich and speedo going crazy was related, as the computer's signals would be distorted. The new SDS fixed the speedo problem, but its still running rich. Also, I'm noticing oil coming out of the oil fill cap, and more than normal oil leaking out of the airbox from the PCV line. What should I make of all this? The o2 sensor is a few years old from MOPAR, I swapped in a used Map sensor....Any ideas?
thanks,
Lee

Lee'sdaytona
04-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Also, there are no codes. The air fuel gauge reads rich often times at idle, but not always. Sometimes after its been running at highway speeds for awhile then when I come to a stop, it will idle nicely and the A/F gauge reads stoich. I took the PCV valve out, and it seems like its still ok as I was able to hear a raddle, so I assume its not clogged up...
-Lee

GLHSKEN
04-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Swap computers to see if the fich issue is with the cal. Smell the oil to make sure you haven't dumped gas into it.

Lee'sdaytona
04-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Well I only have one TII LM, so I can't really do that cost effectively. However, when I converted over to TII, I picked up used injectors, and the auction said "came from a running car" so I'm thinking maybe an injector is leaking? How do I test for that?
I smelled the oil and I don't smell gas really....smells mostly like oil...I guess if there were gas in the oil it would be obvious.
I also changed out the PCV valve, and I noticed the valve was loose where it connects to the rubber boot. I put a hose clamp on there to tighten it up. But my vacuum level is still low I think...stock gauge reads 15 at idle, old Mopar performance autometer gauge reads 12 at idle, but I think that one is off (sits just a little to the right of the zero when engine shut down.) So after putting a new PCV in, there is still oil coming out of my filler cap. Would a compression test help narrow down the problem? I hope its not valve seats...the head is only 2 years old!
-Lee