PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 91 Shadow Convert

chargincharles
03-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello All,
Just found this little rascal and wanted to let everyone know about it.
IT IS NOT MINE!!!!!!
But it is a friend of mines...

Anyway,
here are the particulars-

91 Dodge Shadow Convertible.
Black exterior, Grey cloth interior
2.5 TBI engine, Auto Trans.
113,000+ miles.
Engine has 40,000 on it. When it was installed someone dropped the trans and cracked the housing. So it leaks. A replacement trans comes with the car.
PS, PB, PW, PL...but no AIR.
One family ownership since new- she has all the original paperwork!
Contrary to Allpar.com, this is a base model Shadow that was converted.
Cost was $16,000 back in the day and she has alot of the documentation. Her mother bought it new as a 'fun' car.....

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l182/chargincharles/100_0292.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l182/chargincharles/100_0290.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l182/chargincharles/100_0291.jpg

Needs-
Trans replaced- but comes with a good replacement.
Paint- typical paint burnout of typical early 90's Mopars. This car has been under a carport and cover or in a garage since new.
Top replaced- could be stitched back togather, but a new one is just a couple of hundred bucks, so I'd just replace it.
Fuel line has a rust hole in it, easily patched.
Brake line has rustout as well...again, easily replaced.
Needs the exhaust from the muffler back- just dangling there.
Tires hold air kinda....just kinda
There is a 1" rustout hole just behind the pass side quarter at the bottom- where they all rust out.
The pass side fender has a dent- but it looks like it could be easily removed.
Never in any sort of real accident- no frame damage or anything like that.

Now the GOOD-
Solid floorboards and Trunk floor, Fenders, Doors, top frame, etc all in excellent condition.
The plastic window in back is in excellent condition.
The windows/locks all work as do the gauges, etc. No radio- sorry- build yer own system guys, the wiring is all here.
Good wheels,
Minty fresh interior- just needs cleaned. Seats are tear-free and the backs don't look like they have ever been sat in.
RARE RARE RARE!!!!
when was the last time you saw one??? I can't even remember the last time I saw one...and that includes all the car shows I've been to.

First $500 takes it...first come, first serve. You'll need to arrange transport, as it does run, but with the holes in the fuel, brake lines, and the trans leaking, you won't get far.

Her name is Bridget-
You can reach her at 513-732-9123.
She doesn't have access to email, and I have posted the images I have of the car.

Car is for sale locally, and if I had the time I would be ALL OVER THIS THING!
But the wife tells me that if I drag another one home I can stay with it in the driveway!
This car just needs someone who know what it is and who can really restore it the way it should be.
OR-
How about a Shelby CSX Convertible clone????hehehe

So-
Have at it guys...

CC.

chargincharles
03-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Oooops...
Forgot to add-
Car is in Batavia, Ohio which is just east of Cincinnati.

CC

135sohc
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
I dont know why chrysler named them differently but all ragtops were highline or ES models. just a different version of 'highline' compared to a regular Shadow.

Ignoring the black bumpers its got alloy wheels, pwr windows & locks. should have a tach cluster, full center console ect all the little 'extras' that a base model Shadow didnt come with. Unless it was a really oddball special order. So thats why they wernt considered 'base model' like a regular Shadow.

But thats just my guess.

chargincharles
03-27-2009, 05:07 AM
I dont know why chrysler named them differently but all ragtops were highline or ES models. just a different version of 'highline' compared to a regular Shadow.

Ignoring the black bumpers its got alloy wheels, pwr windows & locks. should have a tach cluster, full center console ect all the little 'extras' that a base model Shadow didnt come with. Unless it was a really oddball special order. So thats why they wernt considered 'base model' like a regular Shadow.

But thats just my guess.

Probably a good guess.
It does have the console, but not the cluster.
I really don't know much about the P-bodies, other than that they were based off the K. Like everything else really.
So maybe it is a highline, but I sure doesn't look it!

Thanks for the feedback,
CC

CoolV300C
03-27-2009, 07:36 AM

But thats just my guess.

All the verts got power windows to make putting the top down easier, but not all got power locks. My first car was a '91 vert, and it had manual locks. The highlines did not all get alloy wheels either. Mine had some sharp plastic covers.

CSX173
03-31-2009, 06:08 AM
You are right. The '91 I started with for the CSX convertible had manual locks (like a CSX) and plastic caps over steel wheels. The wiring harness was set up for all the options, including the locks, electric driver's seat, and power mirrors. Some had that stuff too. I also think they all got power windows because of the glass being unique in the convertible doors. I don't think the manual gear stuff will fit in the door. Those window motors are tiny. Plus, the window tracks in the convertibles are also different than any others I have taken apart. A note of interest: If your windows don't roll up and down well in the convertible, there is some fuzz coated mylar in the track the glass rides in. That stuff has to be DRY (Don't grease that track like the PO did) and the fuzz coated mylar stuff has to be good for them to operate properly. You can still get the fuzz from the stealership. There is also a piece of plastic attached to the corner of the glass that rides in the track. That has to be there too. Been there done that. Hmmmm.... I just bought a CSX-T and now I can get a cheap convertible???? Nah, I can't do it again....... : )