PDA

View Full Version : B&M transmission deep pan

135sohc
03-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Are they really worthwhile ? does the added fluid capacity help keep things going better or is it a bunch of hype ?

I like the fact that they have a drain plug built in, which is one reason I want one. But I think it would be just as effective to find another factory pan and have a drain plug installed on it.

Transmission in question is a 727 in a '79 3/4 ton van. Will see mostly dd usage on occasion and maybe pulling a small trailer a couple times a year.

turbovanmanČ
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, they work. Your adding more fluid and also exposing more of the oil to air flow so your keeping the oil cooler.
If your towing, then get one and a big tranny cooler, :thumb:

The Pope
03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
on a tow rig they really help keep the trans cool. With a Muscle car at the drag strip they suck. You floor it and all the fluid lands on the govener. So all you do is lose power with a drag car. I put one on my D350 utility truck and the trans really likes it. No more getting hot and acting slugish.

135sohc
03-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Got a lead on a MP deep pan kit with all the stuff and a new filter/gasket kit for $40+ shipping. just awaiting a shipping quote to see if its worthwhile. No track time with this pig.

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Got a lead on a MP deep pan kit with all the stuff and a new filter/gasket kit for $40+ shipping. just awaiting a shipping quote to see if its worthwhile. No track time with this pig.

$40 is a steal, even with shipping.

135sohc
03-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Well its only the steel version, not the cast aluminum if thats what you were thinking.