PDA

View Full Version : Caliber SRT-4 warranty

iTurbo
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
What is the scoop on the Caliber SRT-4 warranty? I tried to find info about it on dodge.com but it was about as clear as mud as to what applied to the CSRT. Apparently the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty does not apply, although it does have a 3 year/36000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Does this mean it does not have any powertrain warranty at all?

Was interested in the CSRT but now looking at the new Lancer Ralliart instead..

contraption22
03-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Well the 3/36 would cover powertrain as well.

The Ralliart is a nice car, but I think it's been outgunned and outpriced by the WRX this year.

iTurbo
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Mike. I like the redesigned WRX but still like the new Lancer best. Looks like the warranty on the WRX and Lancer is better than what the CSRT comes with too. The CSRT is still cheaper hands down. Especially the left-over new '08 models.

These seem like good deals. (?)

http://specials.usautosales.com/list.php?cat=&make=Dodge&listtype=html&cat=cars

WickedShelby88
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks like for what you save in difference in price you could buy a spare engine and trans and still have money left over... Personally I would rather do my own work rather than leave it to warranty as well.

10G OMNI
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
you can get one brand new 2009 here in CANADA for just under 20,000can

JDAWG
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
the lifetime powertain does not apply to any SRT vehicle iirc, also some of the vipers and i think a couple others

JDAWG
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM
No deductible. See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details.
Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Hybrid System components (including transmission), and certain fleet vehicles.
http://www.dodge.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/

iTurbo
04-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the clarification/info.

I've been looking at them again lately, this time at Dave Smith Motors up in Idaho. I posted my contact info and a very motivated salesman has been calling me. Real nice guy though, and a relief after visiting the local dealership. They have an orange '08 at 19,900 but I'm really hoping to hold out for a better deal and I'm going to see how the 0% Chrysler financing pans out.

dds78910
04-07-2009, 03:27 AM
You should buy it and come down to Nevada to see me.:D

I have heard that Dave Smith motors is one of the best Dodge dealers around and best prices. I looked a couple months ago for a mega cab before we were really serious, they seemed to have good prices and selection. But we ended up finding one locally and got a good deal.

glhs727
04-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the clarification/info.

I've been looking at them again lately, this time at Dave Smith Motors up in Idaho. I posted my contact info and a very motivated salesman has been calling me. Real nice guy though, and a relief after visiting the local dealership. They have an orange '08 at 19,900 but I'm really hoping to hold out for a better deal and I'm going to see how the 0% Chrysler financing pans out.

They are great cars. Mine as 23K miles and aside from a leaky trans (which the dealer fixed, no problem) it has been great. All I have is a drop in K&N, 3.5" downpipe with cat and a stage 1 pcm. Now it puts down 307 whp/ 338 ft/lbs torque. and still gets 25 mpg around town! My freind just picked upa totally loaded 2009 for 23K. If you can get some low financing, I would jump on one soon.
good luck!
Cindy