PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-19 -- The Official BS thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

sdac guy
01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
The announcement was made earlier this summer, but as a reminder, Cincinnati Ohio is the location for SDAC-19 and the dates are June 26-30, 2009.

More info to follow shortly. The motel will be the same as for SDAC-15 (though we won't have our own building this time) and as soon as I have firm info on rates and reservations I will post it here. I am supposed to get the contract from them this coming week.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Awesome, I cant wait! :clap::thumb:

"Top Fuel" Bender
01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow
with all th einfo this early
nobody can say they can't make it

86Shelby
01-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Rock on!!! I'm glad I picked the right dates for the vacation schedule. :)

DC Turismo
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Can't wait to go back to where it all began for me! Thanks for the info Barry :) Plenty of time for people to take off work now to make it the biggest ever!

supercrackerbox
01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Wow

I can't make it.

supercrackerbox
01-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Just kidding. I hope.

mcsvt
01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Now to get a car in order to finally race at an SDAC.

GLHSKEN
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Like SDAC 15.... My house is open to all on Friday night.....

bradp
01-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Sweet Now I can bring all my family and illegal workers:D

jamesmonty
01-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Since I wasn't at 15, what hotel are we talking about. Or what part of town is it in.

sdac guy
01-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Since I wasn't at 15, what hotel are we talking about. Or what part of town is it in.
The Drawbridge Inn. It is on the Kentucky side of the river.

I will post rates and reservation info as soon as available. Do not make reservations without that info as you would probably pay much more per night.

Barry

DC Turismo
01-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Will we still be towards that back section, Barry?

jamesmonty
01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't think ill be getting a room, I only live 45min from there. I was just curious where the party was going to be every night.

Turbo3Iroc
01-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I thought that building in the back worked out well for us, is there a reason they wont let us book it again?

ATaylorRacing
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Cool......being retired I don't need to worry about how I am getting off....just need to get my wife to take off to take care of the 2 1/2 year old since Matchbox has no provisions for a baby seat.....and yes, it is healthy again thanks to Brad Pennington! I race down there with my SRT4 in the United Manual Transmission Racers series...finished 5th in points after being runner-up at the Stick Shift Nationals...record field of 134 cars....earlier I posted 104.

sdac guy
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
I thought that building in the back worked out well for us, is there a reason they wont let us book it again?Yeah, it's just one of those things I guess. They renovated the main buildings 2 years ago (actually completed last year). While doing that, they used the Garrison buildings (where we stayed) as storage. And I guess they didn't want to put any bucks toward renovating that area. Those buildings are closed now.

From what she told me, that parking area will still be available if we need it. So the big wheel hill is still there and of course there is still the back lot ... :D

Barry

ATaylorRacing
01-02-2009, 11:46 PM
The last time there I stayed in a cheap hotel, but I have that commute down to 2 1/4 hrs. Should I bring out my 3 cyl, 55 hp Geo for the 19.99 turtle race? I ran 19.9-19.99 in eliminations with it in the fall....went 5 rounds and made $250 for semis.....paint peeling 65 mph in the 1/4 and a blistering 12.7 at 57 in the 1/8th....makes Matchbox feel like a rocket! The 50-57 mpg don't hurt either!!!

sdac guy
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
The last time there I stayed in a cheap hotel, but I have that commute down to 2 1/4 hrs. Should I bring out my 3 cyl, 55 hp Geo for the 19.99 turtle race? I ran 19.9-19.99 in eliminations with it in the fall....went 5 rounds and made $250 for semis.....paint peeling 65 mph in the 1/4 and a blistering 12.7 at 57 in the 1/8th....makes Matchbox feel like a rocket! The 50-57 mpg don't hurt either!!!

SDAC members may bring/race any car they wish. :thumb: That sounds like one of those cars where you leave on the first yellow ... :lol:

Barry

Bardo
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
i think im going to have to bring the spirit ant the lebaron out, if i can get the time off and the car running

Turbo3Iroc
01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah, it's just one of those things I guess. They renovated the main buildings 2 years ago (actually completed last year). While doing that, they used the Garrison buildings (where we stayed) as storage. And I guess they didn't want to put any bucks toward renovating that area. Those buildings are closed now.

From what she told me, that parking area will still be available if we need it. So the big wheel hill is still there and of course there is still the back lot ... :D

Barry

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Is the back pool still open?

turbovanmanČ
01-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Great news this early but wow, so far away, :(

I seriously doubt I can afford it, airfare, hotel, rental car etc and there is no way I would drive that far, fuel would be stupid towing the van. Have fun guys, :nod:

moparfwdsleeper
01-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Wow

i won't make it, don't see me being in the hobby much longer.

Proved you wrong:):p

Marcus86GLHS
01-03-2009, 07:12 AM
if Ben Bernanke steps down by the end of Feb. this year i'll buy my new car hauler and be there, otherwise, maybe SDAC 20 is my outlook. but it is a great idea to get the info out this early, thanks.

sdac guy
01-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Is the back pool still open?I don't think so. One of our local guys cruised through the parking lot this fall and IIRC he said that pool was empty. The main buildings have their own pool(s).

Barry

GLHSKEN
01-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't think ill be getting a room, I only live 45min from there. I was just curious where the party was going to be every night.

You might want to second guess yourself. Its worth staying at the hotel...

badandy
01-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Screw the house...I want to garage to be open...can't chit bricks inside cause Patty will whoop my butt:lol:

neonkitten63
01-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Already requested off....cant wait! :)

omni_840
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
This will be my first SDAC and I'm really excited! I really am excited to put faces to screen names too:nod:

turboshad
01-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Hmmm, only 31 hrs.........that's actually tempting......31 cruisless hours with ear plugs. I'm acutually gonna have to think about this one. :D

DJ

Bubba
01-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Got my vacation dates approved already. It's nice to have SDAC within a reasonable drive again. I just hope it's not 100+ degrees outaside like SDAC-15 was. :D

8valves
01-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds intriguing!

shelbydave
01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping to get my car done so this cam be my first SDAC. Nothing would be better than getting to meet people from here. And it comes with a bonus for me... LaRosa's Pizza, and Skyline Chili!!!

Lugert
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM
So what you are saying is I have 5-1/2 months to get my car running?

Hmmm.

black86glhs
01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
This will be my first SDAC and I'm really excited! I really am excited to put faces to screen names too:nod:Me too. Hell, I might be able to drop down to Louisville and see my sister. Hmmmmm.
Since it will be asked, the answer is no.:lol::lol:

Anonymous_User
01-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Vacation time approved. :D

shelbydave
01-05-2009, 09:20 AM
So what you are saying is I have 5-1/2 months to get my car running?

Hmmm.

uh- It's been 3 years now...:mad:

briceturbosports
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
have to pick a car and get started again :confused2: :D

Lugert
01-05-2009, 10:05 AM
uh- It's been 3 years now...:mad:

Shhh!

I was trying not to keep track!

J&G_BlueGLH
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
As of right now, dont think we'll be able to make it again this year.. but hope to one of these days!

shelbydave
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Shhh!

I was trying not to keep track!

Did you mean you?!?? I was talking about MY car!! :)

Lugert
01-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Did you mean you?!?? I was talking about MY car!! :)

Ha! Okay now that is funny!

It has been awhile for both of us.

Time to find me a new block and start from scratch.

briceturbosports
01-05-2009, 01:27 PM
As of right now, dont think we'll be able to make it again this year.. but hope to one of these days!

you stink again:nod: jen ha :D

turbojerk
01-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Christ! And you don't even have kids! WTF! No excuse.....:confused:

Of course you could always keep putting it off untill you're too old to attend.;)

contraption22
01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Screw the house...I want to garage to be open...can't chit bricks inside cause Patty will whoop my butt:lol:

I WAS THERE MAN! I SAW THAT CHIT!..... oh wait... it hasn't happened yet..

J&G_BlueGLH
01-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Christ! And you don't even have kids! WTF! No excuse.....:confused:

Of course you could always keep putting it off untill you're too old to attend.;)

The wedding is the 13th, and we'll be on our honeymoon the week before SDAC. HP only has 10 vacation days, and he'll need some for Carlisle and anything else that happens to come up..
We could try and make it out for the weekend, but its too soon to tell. We'll have to see what things look like closer to the time.

And yes, we'll get there before we're too old! :thumb:

turbojerk
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Bla, Bla, Bla.....Pfft!:lol:

LaserXT1986
01-06-2009, 02:03 AM
This is truly AWESOME news. I had a blast at SDAC-15, as seen in the video attached. Myself along with Joe "Firebaron 90" D'Ambrosio beat the everloving sh!t out of that GT Cruiser (rental), and IIRC I took 7th place, while Joe took 1st with it (we both dragged it).

http://http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5907741 (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=5907741)

For those asking about the hotel and buildings that were used at SDAC 15...in the video, the block of rooms to the right was "SDAC" section. And as you can see, we had our own burnout section :D:D:thumb::thumb:

AND the dragstrip, if we are using the same one, had SHADE for the pits!!

REALLY looking forward to this year's SDAC, even if my car isn't fully done, I will be there with it!! :D:D:D:D:D

briceturbosports
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
The wedding is the 13th, and we'll be on our honeymoon the week before SDAC. HP only has 10 vacation days, and he'll need some for Carlisle and anything else that happens to come up..
We could try and make it out for the weekend, but its too soon to tell. We'll have to see what things look like closer to the time.

And yes, we'll get there before we're too old! :thumb:

move the wedding this is sdac were talkin about :eyebrows: :D

slasky
01-06-2009, 09:36 AM
move the wedding this is sdac were talkin about :eyebrows: :D

Just move the wedding to SDAC!

sdac guy
01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Get married at SDAC!

It's been done before, Bob Meier and his wife were married at SDAC-11 (in Canada). Corey & Pam Keeslar were married on the day before SDAC-8 started and they honeymooned there in Indy.

Seriously though, Jen & Greg, I know your plans are all set. So all the best to you. Just to let you know though, you will be missed.

Barry

turbojerk
01-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Just to let you know though, you will be missed.

Barry

Yeah, AGAIN!;)

turboshad
01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I just hate all of you for living so close. If I were anywhere withing a 12hr drive it wouldn't even be a consideration not to attend. :mad:

DJ

jamesmonty
01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Sdac wedding ftw!

J&G_BlueGLH
01-06-2009, 04:28 PM
You guys are all too much! And thanks for your kind words, Barry.. much appreciated! The only dates set in stone are the things happening here.. we didnt even book a honeymoon or anything yet, and we were tentatively thinking about going to Detroit, Auburn Hills area for a week or so since we couldnt make it to SDAC last year with his Grandfather passing and such. I mentioned to him about waiting until the following week and possibly splitting the honeymoon between a few days on our own in Detroit, followed by SDAC. Im not sure if thats something we'd like to do or not yet.. but we are definitely exploring all options! Definitely appreciate your understanding if we cant make it... We'll see how things pan out over the next few months. ;)

Johnny
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you contacted the Great Lakes Chapter of the SCCA to see if they are having an autocross that weekend?

Johnny

turbovanmanČ
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Just move the wedding to SDAC!

Mine was close, we got married after SDAC 16 at Vegas, :thumb:

I just hate all of you for living so close. If I were anywhere withing a 12hr drive it wouldn't even be a consideration not to attend.

DJ

I hear you. They had it at Topeka a few years ago, not that bad I guess, but not many showed up, :( all the TD'ers are back around Cinci I guess, :(

Juggy
01-06-2009, 06:15 PM
This is truly AWESOME news. I had a blast at SDAC-15, as seen in the video attached. Myself along with Joe "Firebaron 90" D'Ambrosio beat the everloving sh!t out of that GT Cruiser (rental), and IIRC I took 7th place, while Joe took 1st with it (we both dragged it).

watching that car go round n round was some funny shiiiit!!! the only other car that tried to keep up with the back to back passes that year was Frank (radiant red) in his 2.5 S60 91 shadow, and we had we made it back home without any probs, leaving a smoke trail to boot! lol

jamesmonty
01-06-2009, 08:08 PM
If you want a autox, you should contact the Cincinnati sports car club http://www.cincyautox.org or the Cincinnati SCCA http://www.cincyscca.com/solopage.php . I didn't see their 2009 schedule but one of them might have an event that weekend.

sdac guy
01-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Have you contacted the Great Lakes Chapter of the SCCA to see if they are having an autocross that weekend?

JohnnyI'm not sure if that is the correct group (Great Lakes) but we did contact the local region about the new road course being built there. They pretty much agreed to an event for us, but the track scheduled that weekend for their own members (private use). :mad:

At SDAC-15 the local SCCA wasn't really interested in helping us with an autocross. I've heard the Dayton area NASA folks might be able to help us with one. We will check it out.

When we go into planning these events, nothing is off the table, we try to get every venue and event possible. It is only as we run into dead-ends that items are canceled.

Barry

sdac guy
01-06-2009, 08:20 PM
If you want a autox, you should contact the Cincinnati sports car club http://www.cincyautox.org or the Cincinnati SCCA http://www.cincyscca.com/solopage.php . I didn't see their 2009 schedule but one of them might have an event that weekend.I'll have to check back with the first link as they haven't posted the 2009 schedule yet. The cindyscca has an autocross on the weekend before we are there, but not on our weekend.

Thanks for posting those links up James.

Barry

neonkitten63
01-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Brian and Ileana had their honey-moon last year at SDAC! Nothing wrong with that! :)

86Shelby
01-08-2009, 12:32 AM
I hear you. They had it at Topeka a few years ago, not that bad I guess, but not many showed up, :( all the TD'ers are back around Cinci I guess, :(

All the more reason to fly out for a few days.... :)

jonnyb
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Aw crud - I asked for the wrong days off!!! Alright - gonna go talk to my manager right now. I'm glad you posted up the dates so early - it shouldn't be a problem to switch the vacation days around this early in the year.

The real problem is whether or not I get this years SDAC car ready in time!

Jon

ekimdam
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
At SDAC-15 the local SCCA wasn't really interested in helping us with an autocross. I've heard the Dayton area NASA folks might be able to help us with one. We will check it out.
Barry

I'd steer clear of NASA... poor safety history and regs IMHO (personally witnessed). I'm sure there are different opinions on the matter but I try to avoid them like the plague. Who knows though... maybe they've gotten their act together by now.

When I heard that SCCA was allowing NASA licenses, the first thing that came to mind was, "Great. Now I'll have more sheet metal to fix."

:mad:

But I digress.....

I'll bend some ears at Cincy and WOR about an AutoX. AutoX schedules are flexible unlike Road Course schedules. No promises tho...

sdac guy
01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd steer clear of NASA... poor safety history and regs IMHO (personally witnessed). I'm sure there are different opinions on the matter but I try to avoid them like the plague. Who knows though... maybe they've gotten their act together by now.

When I heard that SCCA was allowing NASA licenses, the first thing that came to mind was, "Great. Now I'll have more sheet metal to fix."

:mad:

But I digress.....

I'll bend some ears at Cincy and WOR about an AutoX. AutoX schedules are flexible unlike Road Course schedules. No promises tho...Thanks for the info Mike, and for checking on the autox. I'm sending you a PM about it.

Barry

Pat
01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Aw crud - I asked for the wrong days off!!! Alright - gonna go talk to my manager right now. I'm glad you posted up the dates so early - it shouldn't be a problem to switch the vacation days around this early in the year.

The real problem is whether or not I get this years SDAC car ready in time!

Jon

It's not an '87 CSX, is it? :eyebrows:

Turbo3Iroc
01-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Keep guessing! Yes I know what it is :eyebrows:

Pat
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM

The zero mile, never on the road '85 Iroc Z that was pulled out of that trailer in NJ?

BIGBRUDDA
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll have to check back with the first link as they haven't posted the 2009 schedule yet. The cindyscca has an autocross on the weekend before we are there, but not on our weekend.

Thanks for posting those links up James.

Barry

Would the cindyscca be all girls Barry?:eyebrows: In that case I definenatly wanna race um.:D

R/T
01-08-2009, 05:13 PM
And for really, really earlybirds Edgewater has their weekly Tune & Test Friday eve from 5:30 to 10:30.... :thumb:

Warren Streamer showed up last time & put the smackdown on the locals. :hail:

sdac guy
01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Would the cindyscca be all girls Barry?:eyebrows: In that case I definenatly wanna race um.:DGood eye Tim! :lol::lol:

Barry

30 PSI SHADOW
01-09-2009, 12:26 AM

is it black???

bill baker

turbovanmanČ
01-09-2009, 04:53 AM
All the more reason to fly out for a few days.... :)

Yeah, I know, but money is tight, :(

BIGBRUDDA
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
i usually do when the Ladies are involved.:D

WVRampage
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I just got aproved for monday-wendsay off,I cant get friday but saturday and sunday are free so Ill be there friday night.

ATaylorRacing
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
SDAC members may bring/race any car they wish. :thumb: That sounds like one of those cars where you leave on the first yellow ... :lol:

Barry

I was actually having very nearly the same reaction times as with Pit Bull, my 05 SRT4 that is the back up to Matchbox! Those 2.7 short times made me want to open the door and push!:lol:

glhturbo1985
01-12-2009, 12:26 AM
My schedule is pretty flexible. I'll be there. Girlfriend put in for the days off too.
Anything cool to see in Kentucky when we are that close. Underground lakes? or something of that nature. lol.

fleckster
01-12-2009, 12:50 AM
In the OH/KY/IN area there, there is Argosy Casino, Paramount's Kings Island Amusement Park, a huge indoor go cart track, plenty of shopping, Wright-Patterson Air Museum, etc. I'm sure the locals can recommend even more.

BIGBRUDDA
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
My schedule is pretty flexible. I'll be there. Girlfriend put in for the days off too.
Anything cool to see in Kentucky when we are that close. Underground lakes? or something of that nature. lol.

Try Kentucky.com Their state park system is superb!:clap:
I'll be posting more local interest links as deals become available.

We have a Major league baseball team and a farm team. As well as 5 water parks/ Hotels, 3 concert parks and ,many many, music clubs/bars/brewhouses.:amen:
And of course, Museums,Zoos, and shopping:confused:

PS Ask Cordes about Jungle Jims foodworld!:D

shelbydave
01-12-2009, 09:36 AM
In the OH/KY/IN area there, there is Argosy Casino, Paramount's Kings Island Amusement Park, a huge indoor go cart track, plenty of shopping, Wright-Patterson Air Museum, etc. I'm sure the locals can recommend even more.

If you get the chance to go to Wright Patt to the Air Museum, GO!!
If anyone is bringing the whole family, we had a good time at the Cinn. Zoo is a good one.

We would buy Carrowinds season passes, then for vacation we would head to Ohio to Kings Island since the passes got us in there too. We'd also spend a day at the Zoo.
After Cedar Fair bought the paramount parks, we would get the Maxx Pass, so we could get into Carrowinds, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. That was quite the fun vacation.

glhturbo1985
01-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming. Ultimately, the girlfriend will probably decide what we're doing since SDAC is geared more toward my hobby and pleasure. Unless there is another Pit-bull that she can befriend and lighten the amount of work I have to do to keep her occupied, I may be doomed in the hotel room. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelbydave
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I just hope I can get my car ready in time. Anybody in NC (Charlotte area) either paint cars of have any connections?

jamesmonty
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
There is a big aquarium in nky. We have been a few times with the kids. Kings island is about 45 minutes north from the hotel, right next to my house. If you like native American Indian stuff there is the fort ancient state park. You can google that for more info. I can walk there from my house!

BIGBRUDDA
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming. Ultimately, the girlfriend will probably decide what we're doing since SDAC is geared more toward my hobby and pleasure. Unless there is another Pit-bull that she can befriend and lighten the amount of work I have to do to keep her occupied, I may be doomed in the hotel room. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will surely be many "Turbo-widows":love: in attendance.
Don't worry no one stays in the room for long anyway! The Parking lot turn into a 3 day tailgate party.:banana-mario::clap2::eek: Bring a cooler&chair, practice your BS stories.:rolleyes:

BIGBRUDDA
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I just hope I can get my car ready in time. Anybody in NC (Charlotte area) either paint cars of have any connections?

There's a Home Depot across the highway from the Hotel. We can paint it for ya in the morning, you can polish it that night.:eyebrows::thumb:

bradp
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Don't forget about Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park...that place is AWESOME

shelbydave
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
There's a Home Depot across the highway from the Hotel. We can paint it for ya in the morning, you can polish it that night.:eyebrows::thumb:

Brush or roller?
:)

mario03SRT
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
If you get the chance to go to Wright Patt to the Air Museum, GO!!
If anyone is bringing the whole family, we had a good time at the Cinn. Zoo is a good one.

We would buy Carrowinds season passes, then for vacation we would head to Ohio to Kings Island since the passes got us in there too. We'd also spend a day at the Zoo.
After Cedar Fair bought the paramount parks, we would get the Maxx Pass, so we could get into Carrowinds, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. That was quite the fun vacation.

Cincinnati Reds. :D

mario03SRT
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM

2 hours South you have Mammouth Caves :thumb: or Red River Gorge/Daniel Boone National Forest/Natural Bridge.

shelbydave
01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Cincinnati Reds. :D

Skyline Chili
LaRosa's Pizza.

That's all I need!! :D

johnl
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Kentucky State Parks ARE great. Spent a week at one a few back. Fishing, boating, golf, food, family. Good stuff. I may come out early, or stay late, for golf and such with my wife and her relatives in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee.

R/T
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Hoffbrau House Brewery in Newport, KY., about 5 miles form the Hotel.

One of 2 in North America..... :hail:

Mmmmm, beeeeer!!! :amen:

BIGBRUDDA
01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Kentucky Is The Bestest Backyard A Lad Could Have!!!!!!

BIGBRUDDA
01-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Brush or roller?
:)

I prefer roller:D That would also make "faux finish" skunk stripes a possibility!:thumb:

mario03SRT
01-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Racers and Deja Vu "Mens" Clubs. :eyebrows:

badandy
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM

I just couldn't resist...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/he_was_there.JPG

Reeves
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
:lol::lol::lol: LMAO!!!!

Um, you will want a room! That's where the party is till late! I've also seen you drink... Us cincy guys could always consider splitting up a room, then going home the next day to clean up, get another car, or whatever.....

Cool......being retired I don't need to worry about how I am getting off....just need to get my wife to take off

Whoa....that's enough of that! Oh, the scaring mental picture!

Me too. Hell, I might be able to drop down to Louisville and see my sister. Hmmmmm.
Since it will be asked, the answer is no.:lol::lol:

She's not straight?? :clap:

:lol::lol: LMAO!

And for really, really earlybirds Edgewater has their weekly Tune & Test Friday eve from 5:30 to 10:30.... :thumb:

Damnit! I didn't know that! I know I couldn't make it that night, but I don't remember why. I didn't show up till car show day (Sunday).

Caves are a bit of a drive..... But they are extremely cool :thumb:

LMAO! WE could also roll it into my work's paint booth...also about a stone's throw from the hotel. It will come out Hoffman Electrical Panel White or Industrial Grey.

2 hours South you have Mammouth Caves :thumb: or Red River Gorge/Daniel Boone National Forest/Natural Bridge.

Red River Gorge FTW!!!

See pics!

shelbydave
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
:LMAO! WE could also roll it into my work's paint booth...also about a stone's throw from the hotel. It will come out Hoffman Electrical Panel White or Industrial Grey.

If I threw on a coat of wax, it would just about be industrial grey right now with a slightly bluer skunk stripe. :D

R/T
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
:lol::lol::lol: LMAO!!!!

Red River Gorge FTW!!!

See pics!

A couple more beers and you won't fit through the squeeze at Natural Bridge!!! :lol:

Reeves
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
A couple more beers and you won't fit through the squeeze at Natural Bridge!!! :lol:

That's just all the warm clothes I have on making it *appear* I'm fat! :rolleyes: LOL!

It was about this same time last year that we went!

turbovanmanČ
01-15-2009, 04:23 PM

I was thinking the same and he'll need another 100 whp in his Omni, :lol:

Reeves
01-15-2009, 04:49 PM

I was thinking the same and he'll need another 100 whp in his Omni, :lol:

:nx: :nod:

jamesmonty
01-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Ive been thinking a room might be a good idea. Any other locals want to split a room to "sleep off" the parking lot activities? PM me and we can work it out.

sdac guy
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
As a partial update on the hotel, we have announced the host hotel and hotel registration info in our newlsetter. Our members get the info first, and then later the public (like this thread).

Once enough time has passed that I am sure all our members have received their newsletters I will post the info here in this thread (or direct you to where the info can be found). No worry about not enough rooms, it's a big hotel and we set aside plenty of rooms.

Barry

GLHSKEN
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
i just couldn't resist...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/he_was_there.jpg

omg.... Perfect!!!

turbovanmanČ
01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
:nx: :nod:

Hahahaa, :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
01-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Ive been thinking a room might be a good idea. Any other locals want to split a room to "sleep off" the parking lot activities? PM me and we can work it out.

Sleep?? There's no sleeping at SDAC:lol: Pass out for a couple hours maybe but then start again:eyebrows:

Johnny
01-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Sleep?? There's no sleeping at SDAC
Hey...What about us old guys?

Juggy
01-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Sleep?? There's no sleeping at SDAC:lol: Pass out for a couple hours maybe but then start again:eyebrows:

I think you need to start thinking about a rental decision!!! :nx:

supercrackerbox
01-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Vacation time approved!

slasky
01-16-2009, 11:46 AM
My last day of work is June 25th so Maybe sean and I can head up Thursday night.

1FastCSX289
01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
My last day of work is June 25th so Maybe sean and I can head up Thursday night.

I might be pushing it with the wife to eek out another day at SDAC. Ill probably go out friday as we normally do......I would be up for getting an earlier start to head out though so we can take in all of Friday night's action.

mcsvt
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
That's what I'm aiming for too, an earlyish Friday departure.

Reeves
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Hopefully Friday will be an all day event! I will be taking off work that day, so my garage is open and my tap will be flowing!

Also, I know Ken is having a get together at his place Friday night for all the early birds.

SDAC events just are never long enough! :thumb:

shelbydave
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
If I can make it, this will be my first. Do people usually drive their cars up or trailer them and leave the car in one place all weekend? I'll have to use my car for transportation...

BIGBRUDDA
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
If I can make it, this will be my first. Do people usually drive their cars up or trailer them and leave the car in one place all weekend? I'll have to use my car for transportation...

They trailer ,drive,push,drag, brake,and fix , in verying proportions:confused: all weekend long.

BIGBRUDDA
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Time to post aBIG IDEA.
Howz bout a BigWheel challenge?:D
Home built
Store bought
Maybe a "speed trap" run, or a "Freestyle" competition?
Who's up for it?

1FastCSX289
01-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Time to post aBIG IDEA.
Home built
Store bought
Who's up for it?

Im up for it. Slasky and I could fabricate one sweet big wheel at the shop here. Who else is in??

Maybe we could do like a chapter vs. chapter competition? WNY-SDAC will OWN.

Gas powered big wheels OK?

supercrackerbox
01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
In! :D

mario03SRT
01-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Time to post aBIG IDEA.
Home built
Store bought
Who's up for it?

I was talking to Reeves last night about maybe a Big Wheel Auto X or a Road couse.:eyebrows:

sdac guy
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
SDAC events just are never long enough! :thumb:You realize that if we count Friday night at the motel and the tour of the Viper Plant on Wednesday morning, that SDAC-18 this year spanned 6 days of events?

Well 19 isn't shaping up to be quite as long, but I am sure there will be plenty to do and enough time to do it.

Barry

slasky
01-16-2009, 08:43 PM
You realize that if we count Friday night at the motel and the tour of the Viper Plant on Wednesday morning, that SDAC-18 this year spanned 6 days of events?

Barry

Why not just go for a full week? 7 days of SDAC!!!!!!!!!!!

slasky
01-16-2009, 08:44 PM
I might be pushing it with the wife to eek out another day at SDAC. Ill probably go out friday as we normally do......I would be up for getting an earlier start to head out though so we can take in all of Friday night's action.
I guess we should head out Friday morning just in case someone breaks two cars on the way there.

sdac guy
01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Why not just go for a full week? 7 days of SDAC!!!!!!!!!!!We were able to come up with things to do (events) to fill those days. Going back to a "5 day" schedule this year and we still may have a 'day' with nothing to do (there is a clue or hint in that).

Barry

supercrackerbox
01-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Our tentative plan will be to leave Lincoln at midnight on Friday the 26th, and should arrive in Cinci early afternoon on Saturday. From there I don't have to leave until Wednesday evening. It's my fault, I only have so much vacation time available.

Turbo3Iroc
01-17-2009, 03:26 AM
You realize that if we count Friday night at the motel and the tour of the Viper Plant on Wednesday morning, that SDAC-18 this year spanned 6 days of events?

Barry

6 days and it flew by faster than any of the previous events I have been to. :amen:

Seemed like we were always on the go somewhere.

1FastCSX289
01-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I guess we should head out Friday morning just in case someone breaks two cars on the way there.

Maybe I should tow a third just in case?

R/T
01-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Bring it!!!

Everyone seems to forget who was the only chapter repesentitive to make it down the full course last time... :eyebrows:

Mad bike skillz, YO!!! :thumb:

R/T
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Hopefully Friday will be an all day event! I will be taking off work that day, so my garage is open and my tap will be flowing!

Also, I know Ken is having a get together at his place Friday night for all the early birds.

SDAC events just are never long enough! :thumb:

Tune & test Friday nite!!

contraption22
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Time to post aBIG IDEA.
Home built
Store bought
Who's up for it?

Time to break out the square steel tube bigwheel my dad built 30ish years ago.

Reeves
01-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Bring it!!!

Everyone seems to forget who was the only chapter repesentitive to make it down the full course last time... :eyebrows:

Mad bike skillz, YO!!! :thumb:

:amen::D:love::thumb::hail:

I remember!!!!

BTW....I got some mad ideas YO!!! Talked over some "plans" with a 2 time Battle Bot champion tonight!!! Can you say...... nah..... I'll wait.... PM me!

Tune & test Friday nite!!

I'll be lucky if the OMNI is ready for SDAC.... Cross fingers...

Time to break out the square steel tube bigwheel my dad built 30ish years ago.

F'N SWEET!! That b*tch better have some *fuel* if you know what I mean! :thumb:

I'm also working on the "return" vehicle for the naturally gravitated and the broken downs! :thumb:

contraption22
01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm also working on the "return" vehicle for the naturally gravitated and the broken downs! :thumb:

You need to work on the Omni man.... focus!

BIGBRUDDA
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Im up for it. Slasky and I could fabricate one sweet big wheel at the shop here. Who else is in??

Gas powered big wheels OK?

BIG WHEELS are "historiclay" gravitationaly or manpowered.You would be in a class of your own:amen:

1FastCSX289
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
BIG WHEELS are "historiclay" gravitationaly or manpowered.You would be in a class of your own:amen:

Well, I AM in a class of my own.....but I guess we can agree on gravity power for this competition. ;)

mark
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
i might be in for this, of course i would bring my truck, and I'd tow the r/t on a dolly.
let me check with my warden. she might nix it.

Aries_Turbo
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
hey school teacher gazers (slasky and sean). you arent leaving till friday. im putting in to be out at noon just like this year.

EDIT plus if i dont get one car done by then, ill need a ride lol. i gotta do up that transmission for the k car.

Brian

slasky
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
hey school teacher gazers (slasky and sean). you arent leaving till friday. im putting in to be out at noon just like this year.

EDIT plus if i dont get one car done by then, ill need a ride lol. i gotta do up that transmission for the k car.

Brian
You need the whole day off. I would like to leave early in the morning on Friday.

1FastCSX289
01-21-2009, 01:50 PM
i might be in for this, of course i would bring my truck, and I'd tow the r/t on a dolly.
let me check with my warden. she might nix it.

Wow. Mark coming to SDAC? This will be a big trip.

You need the whole day off. I would like to leave early in the morning on Friday.

Yea....you non-school teaching gazer. Would it be a major PITA to take the whole day? Cinci is freakin far and I wasnt a big fan of getting to the last two SDACs at midnight. But, if you cant, we'll just leave as early as possible b/c we need to allow time for all my cars to break.

Aries_Turbo
01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
we never left that early before. ill put in for it.

Brian

g0bbledeeg00k
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
I'd love to be there with my Aries...I hope I can get it finished by then.

moparfwdsleeper
01-21-2009, 11:22 PM
:)Im putting in for vacation, hopefully its approved or Carlisle it is.

I plan on bringing the blue R/T with me! Im excited, my first event of hopefully many more to come!

turboshad
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Vacation is OK, boss said OK. Now I am just trying to rangle up a co-driver. 31hrs is a little long to barrel straight through on my own, and adding an extra 3 days of driving doesn't excite me either. Hopefully there will be a Western Candadian representitive there this year :thumb:

DJ

bradp
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Looks like I'll have a new car to take this time:eyebrows:

mo' parts
01-23-2009, 06:59 PM
i will be there with many other Buckeye chapter SDAC members.:D

GLHSKEN
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
we never left that early before. ill put in for it.

Brian

You better.... You arrive too late and I won't be abl;e to bolt the damn downpipe up for you.... ;)

Frank
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
You better.... You arrive too late and I won't be abl;e to bolt the damn downpipe up for you.... ;)

Snap! Priceless!

Aries_Turbo
01-28-2009, 10:30 PM

dont worry pencil fingers, i put in for it. i should be there at a reasonable time. ;)

hopefully frank doesnt cobblejob his CSX before SDAC cause i dont want to have to work on another one of his clusters! :)

brian

2.216VTurbo
01-29-2009, 01:40 AM
dont worry pencil fingers, i put in for it. i should be there at a reasonable time. ;)

hopefully frank doesnt cobblejob his CSX before SDAC cause i dont want to have to work on another one of his clusters! :)

brian

Not to worry, Frank won't be working on any of his cars, he has a Fiance' now:p Fly in and rent, it's less work...;)

sdac guy
01-29-2009, 05:59 AM
...... Fly in and rent, it's less work...;)

Yeah, like you've never worked on a rental car in a motel parking lot! "Where's that nitrous kit?" :lol:

Barry

bradp
01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
I made our reservations for the hotel a couple of days ago. I have a LOT of work to do on the Tona

Aries_Turbo
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
slasky, mr logistics, did you reserve anything yet?

i have to rebuild a tranny for the k car or do ALOT of work on my daytona to be ready.

i may just bring the V6 k car. it only needs a little bit of tinkering. :)

brian

slasky
01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
slasky, mr logistics, did you reserve anything yet?

i have to rebuild a tranny for the k car or do ALOT of work on my daytona to be ready.

i may just bring the V6 k car. it only needs a little bit of tinkering. :)

brian
No. I did not know they were taking reservations yet. I can book us a room if you an Frank promise not to spoon with each other.

sdac guy
01-29-2009, 10:44 PM
No. I did not know they were taking reservations yet. I can book us a room if you an Frank promise not to spoon with each other.

The motel info was in the latest newsletter. I won't print it if it isn't ready. :nod:

Barry

Aries_Turbo
01-29-2009, 10:50 PM
i wont be spooning frank. he is a little up in the air on SDAC still cause he is getting married 2 weeks after that. i told him he is a fag if he doesnt go and that SDAC will be the bachelor party.

so yeah he'll be there so you can spoon him.

slasky
01-30-2009, 09:07 AM
The motel info was in the latest newsletter. I won't print it if it isn't ready. :nod:

Barry
I have it but I did not read it yet. I will book a room later today.

i wont be spooning frank. he is a little up in the air on SDAC still cause he is getting married 2 weeks after that. i told him he is a fag if he doesnt go and that SDAC will be the bachelor party.

so yeah he'll be there so you can spoon him.
I think he is partial to you as evidence in this photo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2631345215_363debca5e.jpg?v=0

mario03SRT
01-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I have it but I did not read it yet. I will book a room later today.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2631345215_363debca5e.jpg?v=0

Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!

sdac guy
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/2631345215_363debca5e.jpg?v=0Reminds me of Planes, Trains, & Automobiles ... :lol:

Barry

contraption22
01-30-2009, 01:42 PM

brian

I don't think I wanna know what the secret meaning for "cobblejob" is. What you guys do to each other is your business. Just leave the poor defenseless p-body out of it.

Reeves
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Reminds me of Planes, Trains, & Automobiles ... :lol:

Barry

:lol:

I don't think I wanna know what the secret meaning for "cobblejob" is. What you guys do to each other is your business. Just leave the poor defenseless p-body out of it.

Aries_Turbo
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
im only hiding cause i dont want lasky thinking of me when he visits his spankbank.

this is the real reason he took this pic.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9250&stc=1&d=1215055380

Brian

sdac guy
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
im only hiding cause i dont want lasky thinking of me when he visits his spankbank.
BrianThat's just too funny! :lol::lol:

Barry

black86glhs
01-30-2009, 10:53 PM

this is the real reason he took this pic.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9250&stc=1&d=1215055380

BrianToo late Spunkmeyer!!!!:eyebrows:

1FastCSX289
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM

X2 ^^^^ Helloooooo?? What would the groom have to do 2 weeks out from his wedding? All you have to do is SHOW UP the day of. So.....no more of this nonsense about not coming to SDAC!

Reeves
02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
X2 ^^^^ Helloooooo?? What would the groom have to do 2 weeks out from his wedding? All you have to do is SHOW UP the day of. So.....no more of this nonsense about not coming to SDAC!

Maybe he's thinking that after a week of shenanigans at SDAC that he won't be getting married 2 weeks later?

csxtra
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Maybe he's thinking that after a week of shenanigans at SDAC that he won't be getting married 2 weeks later?

Yeah, but his shenanigans are cruel and tragic...which makes them not shenanigans at all, really...evil shenanigans

fleckster
02-03-2009, 11:00 PM
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."

Reply in 3...2...1...

Frank
02-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey Farley, what is the name of that restaurant that....

Reeves
02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy sh!t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Frank
02-03-2009, 11:46 PM
There we go.... aha! I haven't seen that movie in a while!

Reeves
02-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Google is your friend!

Just like Warren said about you:
"Yeah, but his shenanigans are cruel and tragic...which makes them not shenanigans at all, really...evil shenanigans "

contraption22
02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
You stop that laughing right meow.

contraption22
02-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Google is your friend!

Just like Warren said about you:
"Yeah, but his shenanigans are cruel and tragic...which makes them not shenanigans at all, really...evil shenanigans "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I&feature=related

Anonymous_User
02-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Hey Farley, what is the name of that restaurant that....

Farley?? WTF??? No excuse.

csxtra
03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
:bump2:

And Saturday night (pre-parking lot festivities), Tri-State Dragway is having their weekly Test N Tune from 5-9pm. 2 consecutive nights of racing for those working out last-minute tuning issues...(or if you just want to be there and see that $h1t).

contraption22
03-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Evening drag racing on Monday! Sweet.

mcsvt
03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm liking the schedule :thumb:

1FastCSX289
03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
So, there will be drag racing on friday night, sat night, AND the scheduled SDAC drags???

So.....my car has NO chance of making it home in one piece. :eyebrows:

Keito
03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Is this the hotel?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g39419-d269635-Reviews-The_Drawbridge_Inn-Fort_Mitchell_Kentucky.html

2.216VTurbo
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
SDAC is shaping up SA-WEET! What I want to know is if we are cruising around on the Omni Limo that is already nearby?? I'm willing to do my part (from out here) but are any of the local OV chapter guys gonna help James with that thing?? C'mon, how cool would it be if we just hopped into the limo every time there was a beer run:bounce2::partywoot::rockon:

BadAssPerformance
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
SDAC is shaping up SA-WEET! What I want to know is if we are cruising around on the Omni Limo that is already nearby?? I'm willing to do my part (from out here) but are any of the local OV chapter guys gonna help James with that thing?? C'mon, how cool would it be if we just hopped into the limo every time there was a beer run:bounce2::partywoot::rockon:

That would be awesome! and probably cheaper for you than renting a Hemi 300 plus tires :D

black86glhs
03-24-2009, 01:36 PM
SDAC is shaping up SA-WEET! What I want to know is if we are cruising around on the Omni Limo that is already nearby?? I'm willing to do my part (from out here) but are any of the local OV chapter guys gonna help James with that thing?? C'mon, how cool would it be if we just hopped into the limo every time there was a beer run:bounce2::partywoot::rockon:Plus, think about how much beer it can carry!!!:hail:

BIGBRUDDA
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
We have'nt purchased the LIMO quite yet. Mario&Monty checked it out yesterday. Its a lil ruff.:nod: Needs some work. Maybe a good discount.:clap:

sdac guy
03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Is this the hotel?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g39419-d269635-Reviews-The_Drawbridge_Inn-Fort_Mitchell_Kentucky.htmlThat is the place, BUT, please call them to make reservations and mention Shelby Dodge Auto Club. If you book online, the club loses out.

They also have their own website www.drawbridgeinn.com for the curious.

Barry

J&G_BlueGLH
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Put in our reservation this morning! :)

black86glhs
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Should be putting in my reservations later this week. Hoping to have the "S" ready to take down there. It is in rough shape compared to the rest of you guys. Maybe I can be in the poor white trash turbo section.:D

jamesmonty
04-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe I can be in the poor white trash turbo section.:D

You can park it next to mine! :clap:

black86glhs
04-07-2009, 09:11 PM
You can park it next to mine! :clap:Bring some chairs and booze!!!!:nod:

jamesmonty
04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Bring some chairs and booze!!!!:nod:

Absolutly!

Blue Iroc R/T
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I just made my reservations for Sat. night. I will probably be leaving Sunday evening after the Car Show. Looking forward to seeing some new faces and also ones I have met before. :thumb:

Stratman
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
How much money is normally spent at these events?? I have never gone, but I'm thinking of it this year. Funds maybe a bad problem. Coming from Dallas, No truck or trailer to haul the CSX....bla...bla...etc....

contraption22
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
How much money is normally spent at these events?? I have never gone, but I'm thinking of it this year. Funds maybe a bad problem. Coming from Dallas, No truck or trailer to haul the CSX....bla...bla...etc....

You can pretty much spend as much as you like on these trips barring some unforseen expense.

Last year we saved money by grilling at least one meal a day in the parking lot. It's alot cheaper to buy brats at walmart than eating in a resturant.

SilverShelby
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Hello all,
This will be my first SDAC event can't wait. hoping to be there on Saturday at noon
cya
Mike

shelbymopar89
04-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Does the car show or the drag racing cost anything? If so how much for each of them?

mcsvt
04-20-2009, 01:00 PM
You can pretty much spend as much as you like on these trips barring some unforseen expense.

Last year we saved money by grilling at least one meal a day in the parking lot. It's alot cheaper to buy brats at walmart than eating in a resturant.

Love the cheddar brats and Ruthie's beer brats!

contraption22
04-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Last time i was at Walmart i saw Bacon and Cheese brats!

mcsvt
04-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Now we are talking! Might have to do some shopping before getting there this time.

sdac guy
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Does the car show or the drag racing cost anything? If so how much for each of them?

All adults (17 years or over) attending for more than one day, must pay the registration fee of $50 per person. That is the SDAC member rate for pre-registration. For folks that are not SDAC members that fee will be $55. For folks that do not pre-register and register onsite, SDAC members will pay $55, and non-members pay $60.

That Registration fee includes spectator admission to all events, car show entry (and voting ballot), goody bag with dash plaque and door prize ticket (and other goodies), admittance to Hospitality Night (where we feed you well), entry into the road rally, and finally entry into awards night where we hand out drag racing awards and door prizes.

If you are coming only for the car show, the fee will be $10 to enter your car, spectating there is free for everyone. If you are coming only for drag racing day, to enter the drag racing the fee will be $70 for SDAC members and $75 for non-members. Folks attending for only one day/event that do not pay the registration fee, do not get goody bags or dash plaques.

For those folks pre-registering it is $5 cheaper to drag race (on either fee - $65/$70).

Event T-shirts are not included in the registration fee. Shirts are $18 if ordered on the Pre-Registration form, and $20 if bought on site.

I am trying to get the SDAC website updated by the middle of this week so we can start accepting online Pre-Registrations and payments.

There will also be an exhaustive FAQ section on there that will answer 99% of the questions folks have. Until then I will answer them on this forum or privately, no problem.

If you've never been to this event before, try to plan on being there for all days. It will be fun packed, you will NOT get bored, and probably very little sleep as folks are usually in the parking until a couple hours before dawn.

While it may sound like it is pricey to attend, it will probably be the most fun and cheapest 4-5 day vacation you will ever have.

This is planned as a family event, and wives/gf's and children are welcome, and many attend.

Barry

turboshad
04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
This is planned as a family event, and wives/gf's and children are welcome, and many attend.

Barry

What if my wife refuses to drive over 30hrs in my car because it's "bumpy and noisey"? :D

shelbymopar89
04-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks Barry

bradp
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
What if my wife refuses to drive over 30hrs in my car because it's "bumpy and noisey"? :D

There will be a "swap" meet and maybe you can trade her for a new cam or something.

mcsvt
04-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Hotel booked... finally. I procrastinate fairly well.

black86glhs
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I finally have my reservations....YIPPIE!!!!

neonkitten63
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM

Yay, Im so glad someone liked my brats! I think they were good too!

BadAssPerformance
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM

I was walking thru the lot thinking... damn, you know what would be great with this beer? and then as if someone was reading my mind, I was offered a delicious brat! Thanks again! :thumb:

black86glhs
04-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Yay, Im so glad someone liked my brats! I think they were good too!People liked your kids?????:confused:

:lol::lol:

black86glhs
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I was walking thru the lot thinking... damn, you know what would be great with this beer? and then as if someone was reading my mind, I was offered a delicious brat! Thanks again! :thumb:Hell, the wind blows and you think of food...LOL!!!:thumb:
Not that there is anything wrong with that.:D

sdac guy
04-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Yay, Im so glad someone liked my brats! I think they were good too!Oh Ruthie, those were the best!!! That Friday just about everything that could have gone wrong did as I was trying to get to all the stuff out to the motel. Then finally when it was time to sit back a little that evening in the parking lot, I was ready. Then when I ate my first brat, I was convinced it was the best food I ever tasted! It really hit the spot. I suppose it was the same for those of you that drove all day to get there as it must have been a long day.

Good stuff, thanks again!

Barry

2.216VTurbo
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM

Hmm, could I get one with sauted Oinions and Mustard please:eyebrows:?

slasky
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
There is a slight chance I will not make it this year. I am trying to arrange the selling of our house and buying of a new one around SDAC. However, there is always a possibility that it may conflict.

briceturbosports
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
There is a slight chance I will not make it this year. I am trying to arrange the selling of our house and buying of a new one around SDAC. However, there is always a possibility that it may conflict.

comon scott i am selling mine too and i told them sorry i busy :D besides i want our cars to run so we go across the line within inches :thumb: :nod:

slasky
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
comon scott i am selling mine too and i told them sorry i busy :D besides i want our cars to run so we go across the line within inches :thumb: :nod:

I pushed the closing date back on the offer for the new house to July 7th. Hopefully whoever buys our current house can close around that date too.

bradp
04-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Barry emailed me and told me I was #1 in registering for SDAC. Sweet!!! I got lucky as I was looking at the list of events and noticed we could register. Now it's official and I am stoked :thumb:about going....oh wait I better get my car ready now...crap:D

BadAssPerformance
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Barry emailed me and told me I was #1 in registering for SDAC. Sweet!!! I got lucky as I was looking at the list of events and noticed we could register. Now it's official and I am stoked :thumb:about going....oh wait I better get my car ready now...crap:D

Nicely dont there Ricky Bobby :clap: cuz if yer not first, yer last! :D

Thanks for the heads up tho, gotta go register myself :thumb:

contraption22
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
We're in! The official countdown can begin.

Countdown to SDAC19! (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=6&day=26&year=2009&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p0=0)

mcsvt
04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Registered. No procrastinating this year. Signed up for racing too, I'll race the Durango if it comes to that.

BadAssPerformance
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered. No procrastinating this year. Signed up for racing too, I'll race the Durango if it comes to that.

Thats the spirit! :thumb:

Keito
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM

Gazing will be at an all time low.

Reeves
04-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Reserved and Registered! Even from Australia! :thumb:

black86glhs
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Reserved and Registered! Even from Australia! :thumb:You gonna race from there via remote too!!!!!:eyebrows::hail::clap::lol:

black86glhs
04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I have no idea what I'll be bringing with me(car wise). I may be bringing a rental......mainly so I can see what nitrous is like!!!!:thumb:

BIG PSI
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
I may have a BIG surprise for all of you........

Stay tuned

Chuck

bradp
04-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Stay tuned

Chuck

Gazer!!!!LOL

BadAssPerformance
04-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Stay tuned

Chuck

10 second minivan? ;)

BIG PSI
04-28-2009, 09:04 PM
10 second minivan? ;)

It may even be COOLER than that !!!!!!!!!

In two weeks I will spill the beans.....

:thumb:

Chuck

BadAssPerformance
04-29-2009, 12:43 PM
A 9 second Minivan? ;)

glhs441
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I guess we will see who has a surprise for who.

Keito
05-01-2009, 07:22 AM

Stay tuned

Chuck

I heard thats what Slasky told Bucar and Frank.

slasky
05-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I heard thats what Slasky told Bucar and Frank.
Their surprise is that I will not allow any gazing in our room. So they will most likely have to find another place to sleep.

glhs0426
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I guess we will see who has a surprise for who.

Hmmmm......your not going to blow it up this year?

turboshad
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
My clutch just came in which was the last unknown variable in me not making it to SDAC.........short of the engine not running again but I don't see that happening :smiling head with no body knocking on a huge chunk of wood:

So it looks like I will be meeting a bunch of you in Cinci and hopefully I will be with a swarm of western Canadians......well 4 of us if everyone interested commits. "poke" Turbo_Rampage, Mike M and Shadow "poke" :D I am quite excited since I have always wanted to attend. Hopefully I will also have some chromoly control arm with me to show off. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Awesome! :clap:

mcsvt
05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Was going to use this weekend to pull the test motor out of the Daytona and transplant it in the Shadow to test out the electricals, but looking like rain all weekend (Daytona outside)... I hear my turbo isn't ready yet and no sign of poly mounts or clutch... Just great that this is going to come to the last minute before SDAC.

contraption22
05-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Was going to use this weekend to pull the test motor out of the Daytona and transplant it in the Shadow to test out the electricals, but looking like rain all weekend (Daytona outside)... I hear my turbo isn't ready yet and no sign of poly mounts or clutch... Just great that this is going to come to the last minute before SDAC.

I hear ya man. I still have to break my car so I can fix it before SDAC.

Turbo3Iroc
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I hear ya man. I still have to break my car so I can fix it before SDAC.

Hope to see all you long haul guys make it out :thumb:

slasky
05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't think I will have time to do my upgrades before SDAC. So my car will be in the exact same condition as last year.

BadAssPerformance
05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, upgrades that take over a month?

contraption22
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think I will have time to do my upgrades before SDAC. So my car will be in the exact same condition as last year.

I take it you will be moving before then? Heck better to be there with the car in last year's condtion than not there at all!

BadAssPerformance
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I take it you will be moving before then? Heck better to be there with the car in last year's condtion than not there at all!

Word... although I had a blast at 17 even w/o a car :thumb:

slasky
05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, upgrades that take over a month?
I am still waiting on my intake and I am not sure when it will be finished. I have the head, cam, and header.

I am not sure when I will be moving yet but I have been busy getting ready for it. I have only had time to drive my car once this year and it was only for a couple of miles. I would hate to tear it apart and then not have enough time to get it back together for SDAC.

mcsvt
05-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm just kicking off a possible house search, hopefully that doesn't hurt my car time till after SDAC.

contraption22
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm just kicking off a possible house search, hopefully that doesn't hurt my car time till after SDAC.

Im in the same boat. I think I am going to really start my hard-target home search when returning from Cincy.

Reeves
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Im in the same boat. I think I am going to really start my hard-target home search when returning from Cincy.

Do you home search in Cincy!!! :)

neonkitten63
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Do you home search in Cincy!!! :)
I agree, I think he should moved to Cincy! That way I can come and visit! :)

fleckster
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
You don't need another reason to visit Cincy! There are enough people to visit there now!

Reeves
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
You don't need another reason to visit Cincy! There are enough people to visit there now!

2nd that!!! :thumb::thumb:

R/T
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM

:grouphug:

black86glhs
05-06-2009, 01:42 AM
:grouphug:good times...yeah...gooood times.:thumb:

slasky
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Buy my old house and I will give you free car storage at my new house.

mcsvt
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Buy my old house and I will give you free car storage at my new house.

If I could only commute to NYC from there...