PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Replacements

inplansight
03-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Well I think the time has come to replace the exhaust on my car as it is an patch work of pipe's that have been scavenged from other cars with only an few new parts. This hafeas^ed thing has held up for more than four years and 125K miles so I do not mind putting an few buck into it.

The car is an 88 Daytona C/S T2 since the car is more than 20 years old so no more sinffer (even though the car passed without it :clap: ) So no cat to worry about the car has poly motor mounts all the way around.

So this make life easer but an few things about keeping noise down (The state of M.D is low on money so they have been on an rampage with all kinds of tickets as of late) Wall thickness of the pipe will this help keep the noise level down ? What about one big muffler and an smaller muffler installed near the center of the car? I have seen this on an few other cars with this my thing is it worth the extra cost Vs. noise reduction?

I am also thinking about having an flex pipe added after the down pipe to help get rid of some of the body buzz anyone ever done this?

Last thing can anyone recomend an high flow muffler or premuffler that can cut down noise without causing an loss in flow.I am thinking some kind of glass pack maybe?

Thanks for the input Paul B

Murphy
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I would get the 2.5" cat back system form FWDP. its very nice and fits right in place, mandrel bent and all. the super turbo muffler is a bit louder than stock, but not too loud. you might add a resonator/glass pack in place of the cat to help cut down on the noise some more

turbovanmanČ
03-21-2009, 04:09 PM
TU or FWD system, then run an Ultra Flow or Magnaflow, Borla etc, you'll love it.

inplansight
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I have tried the maganflow and liked it but I think it will still be too loud I will call about the borla.

Thanks Paul B

TU or FWD system, then run an Ultra Flow or Magnaflow, Borla etc, you'll love it.