PDA

View Full Version : Intalling EGT probe..

Turbo_Rampage
04-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey, I am going to be installing my Auto Meter EGT gauge this weekend, and i have a few questions. I am installing it im my Rampage (86 TI log setup) and i will be using the clamping method on the probe. Should it be in the #4 runner? I would also like do it with the exhaust manifold still on the motor if thats possible? (i dont want to remove the intake/manifold) Should i also remove the turbo, and make sure their is NO filings in the exhaust manifold from drilling the hole?

Thanks in advance.

My96z
04-16-2006, 11:46 PM
I didnt have to take anything off my van to install mine other than the turbo piping. I put mine in the #4 runner. I didnt worry about the filingsd they will just blow out the exhaust.

Jeff

Turbo_Rampage
04-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I didnt have to take anything off my van to install mine other than the turbo piping. I put mine in the #4 runner. I didnt worry about the filingsd they will just blow out the exhaust.

Jeff

Ok thanks for the feedback. I think i will also run this Q by Chris at TU, since my turbo only has 4500Km's on it, and i wouldnt want to find out the hard way that the filings could damage the blades..

Randy

cordes
04-25-2006, 10:47 PM
The worm clam will be a tough one. I could not get one on my car for the life of me when I tried to avoid taping the manifold once.

Many guys have done it. Is it ideal for the turbo, probably not. Has anyone done any noticable damage, not that I have heard of.

The S is Silent
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
The exhaust manifolds are cast, so the filing WILL be magnetic. If you are worried about the filings, use a thin magnet to stick into the hole when you are done. That should get most of what is left inside the manifold. The filings that the magnet did not get should pass easily through the turbine.

Turbo_Rampage
04-26-2006, 12:11 AM
I am pretty sure i can drill a hole in the #4 runner pretty easy with the starter removed.. I think i am going to remove the turbo "just to be safe" It is a T1 log intake, so removing the turbo is easy.

cordes
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
You can get to the side of the #4 runner with out removing the starter.