PDA

View Full Version : Moog Cargo Coils

contraption22
03-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Anybody have any experience with these? I was wondering if they would level out my sagging Acclaim a bit.

WickedShelby88
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Check the GVRW of your car now and that of the Cargo coils. The Moog units should be a few hundred pounds more for spring. I was looking into some for my van. Not a bad idea at all especially if you haul a lot of crap in the trunk. TBI cars are the worst for springs getting weak I've noticed.

contraption22
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I can't find any GVW ratings for the springs. But I will keep looking. Yeah the rear end sags quite a bit when I have junk in the trunk, and even worse when I have passengers in the back seat and a full tank of gas.

I also just replaced the front strut assemblies with QuickStruts, and the front end sits a bit higher.

Juggy
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
swap in some rear springs from a 5th ave
youll lift that rear end up lol

WickedShelby88
03-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd definitely go with stiffer rate then. All I could find on Rock auto was variable rate. CC703 was the part number of those in the Moog brand for comparison to the ones you were looking at. Didn't matter what engine either as all options came up with the same listings for rear springs. I wanna say you can get helper spring for those or like a coil over rear helper shock. Air shocks would help too. From your posts I can tell you've already done quite a bit of suspension work on your Horizon so I don't want to sound redundant. These are just the options I've seen out there.

Vigo
03-20-2009, 09:39 PM
coil over shocks wouldnt fit.

You could always use coil spreaders to adjust/raise the back if the stock cargo coils dont end up putting the back TOO high to begin with, which i suspect they will.

Personally, i plan to buy some for myself, but havent gotten around to it.

I think they'll do what you want, and possibly raise it more than intended and/or affect the ride some.