PDA

View Full Version : GLH-T fog lights

The S is Silent
12-25-2005, 12:30 AM
What size were the foglights that came on the GLH's? Does anybody have a part number or spare parts lying around that they'd like to get rid of :nod:

Thanks, that would be great.

Can I still get them??? What would I need to install them onto an omni?

Rebel Rob
12-26-2005, 02:51 AM
I can get you the part numbers i have a nos set that i might use on mine but i do have a set of fog lights off of a 80's dodge of some kind... Rob

TopDollar69
01-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I have heard that you can still purchase them from the OEM. Something about getting them from Germany?

cordes
01-06-2006, 11:20 PM
They were bosch lights. I have not heard of anywhere that sells them new still.

However, I have heard that one could pull the lights off of an 80s porche of one sort or another and they are supposedly the same light. 944?

I would like to know also, as the right fog light on my omni is cracked.

TopDollar69
01-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Does anyone have a pic? I have been searching the German Ebay, but Im not sure what the GLH ones look like exactly.

TopDollar69
01-07-2006, 12:06 AM
http://cgi.ebay.de/Stossstangenunterteil-fuer-Porsche-944_W0QQitemZ8026377975QQcategoryZ65086QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

This is a pair from a german 944.

Rebel Rob
01-07-2006, 01:02 AM
those look close.. I'll go take pics of my NOS ones in the AM and I sent silent the measurements and part number .. but I can post them if anyone would like them....Rob PS I was told you still could order the covers from somewhere in Canada

GLHNSLHT2
01-07-2006, 02:08 AM
the Hella 450's are about the same size. 550's fit ok too if you move the mounting hole out a bit. I've got four of the 550s on my GLH and love it. 2 for straight ahead and 2 in the center for apex lighting :) It's awesome at night through the twisties.

turbojerk
01-07-2006, 03:49 AM
If you're looking for a cheap($25+), easy alternative, got to Wal-Mart and get a pair of the "Baja" off road lights that they have in the automotive section. They are almost exactly the same size and are way brighter than stock. They mount up to the factory brackets, and use the factory style bulbs and wiring, so you could say the they are almost a direct replacement. The only thing you have to do is to trim out the plastic lens grating that's molded into front body and your good to go. Even the light covers are sort-of nice if you remove the stupid "BAJA" sticker from them and replace it with a BOSCH decal or something else....

It was my intent at the time to use them temporarily while I was looking for an NOS set of the originals, but that's been like 3 years ago now....

Here's a pic of what they look like on my car. They come clear and NOT the blue that you see, but you can take them apart an change the color of the reflective dome with some anodized paint like I did if you want(?) They may not be have the same quality as the BOSCH units, but they work well for the price...

T

http://sv-td.com/images/bling2.jpg

johnnydisco
07-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I have Bosch Pilots on my 89 Dakota convertible.

They are called Bosch Pilot 150 and are still made. They are about $140.00.

They may not have the same stock number, but are basically the same thing.