PDA

View Full Version : L body belt mouldings

turbomurr
03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Has anyone came up with a good idea for replacing the belt mouldings on the SC's. I've been out of the picture for a while, last i knew everyone was scratching there heads on this one.

Thanks,
Murray
99 Catera
85 Shelby Charger (in many pieces right now)

spoolinhard
03-17-2009, 09:32 AM
You can still buy them NOS. THey are a little prices tho.

turbomurr
03-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, i imagine by saying they are available "NOS" u mean through an after market vendor? Do u know which one that might be?

135sohc
03-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, i imagine by saying they are available "NOS" u mean through an after market vendor? Do u know which one that might be?

Turbos Unleashed bough some of the leftovers from chrysler. $75/side

but there still the same original failure prone part. So thats not really a permanent solution.

turbomurr
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks................does seem pricy for what they are.............what u gonna do when u need em.............

135sohc
03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks................does seem pricy for what they are.............what u gonna do when u need em.............

Are they anything like the Daytona ones ? several here have used generic aftermarket parts and rebuilt theres. Cheaper and easily replaced when the rubber goes bad again.

jaysshelby
03-17-2009, 10:28 PM
the 2 door L-body outer window weather strips are not NOS. as of Thursday of last week there where 250+ left of the passenger side and 230+ left of the drivers side. list price on the is 79.00 each. less if you get a discount from your dealer. I know cause I just ordered another set for my Scamp GT. And yes all the 2 door cars use the same weather strip.
part number for each are
4198618 - pass side
4198579 - drivers side

turbomurr
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Jaysshelby is right about them being available.........however it is no wonder most find these parts not available at the dealer.........whenever i call a dealer they tell me something to the effect that we do not service those cars anymore..........however u hand them a part number such as the ones Jaysshelby gave me and all of a sudden they are available............must be to much work to look up the old parts...........maybe they got rid of there microfiches years ago..............anyway the dealers price is similar to the aftermarket vendors price.........

Murray

135sohc
03-19-2009, 11:04 PM
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214996

Great dealer The parts manager at that dealership is super helpful and will help you the best he can. Unless your a chrysler employee or know someone who can get you a discount, you'll be hard pressed to find lower prices anywhere else.

4198618 List Price Core Price Your Price
W/STRIP ASSY-FRT DR
$54.86

4198579 List Price Core Price Your Price
W/STRIP ASSY-FRT DR
$58.13

TheCanadian007
03-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone know where to find the outer weather stripping for the 4 door L-body cars?

4 l-bodies
04-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Anyone know where to find the outer weather stripping for the 4 door L-body cars?
Long gone from Mopar on the four doors. You can try all the vintage parts stores but if you find any hold onto your hat when you get a price. A few guys bought some early and SE models with the chrome trim and removed the trim and put their black trim on the new rubber.
Some of the vintage parts houses seem to take the list price and multiply it by 400% then add another 10% on for shipping. Sad part is they bought this stock for pennies on the dollar. I know everyone has to eat, but some of these places will never sell there stuff because no one is willing to pay that ransom.
Todd

4 l-bodies
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
the 2 door L-body outer window weather strips are not NOS. as of Thursday of last week there where 250+ left of the passenger side and 230+ left of the drivers side. list price on the is 79.00 each. less if you get a discount from your dealer. I know cause I just ordered another set for my Scamp GT. And yes all the 2 door cars use the same weather strip.
part number for each are
4198618 - pass side
4198579 - drivers side
Jay you must have meant NS1. NOS I always thought of meant new old stock?
I have seen a huge amount of parts for our cars suddenly become NS1. Just because they have remaining stock doesn't mean they will be available until stock is depleted. They could be sold for scrap tomorrow for all we know.
A example of this is 24mm master cylinders. I bought them all the time. Last one I bought price jumped like 270% almost overnight. By the following week they were NS1. My advice to everyone is buy now when they're available.
Todd