PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifold Filled With Oil!

2.216VTurbo
03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
...But the intercooler tubing and outlet from the turbo is bone dry? So it's coming from PVC? Or That oil seperater thingy or? Do most modified TIII's do away with that thing or what? I need to be able to have it for the 4th smaog inspection next month but after that it can go away if there is a better solution. I haven't done a compression check yet but the motor only has about 20-25K on it and is running very strong. I want to beat on it next week in Vegas so I'd like to figure a way to resolve this soon:(

turbovanmanČ
03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Probably coming in thru the PCV system-there's only 2 ways-pcv or throttle body and if the tb is dry. The seperator sucks so I just use a catch can instead of the seperator.

BadAssPerformance
03-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Damn, thats a LAKE of oil in there! :eek:

Oh, and is that a -04 nitrous line? ;)

bradp
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Time to upgrade the PCV system. I can't remember what all the TIII guys are doing.

Turbo3Iroc
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
It's not uncommon for a T3 car to have oil in the intake because the factory setup is far inadequate. That is a lot though. I run a sealed catch can and pull vac from the intake tube. Works well but I'm not sure if the smog nazi's will let that pass. Best place to pull from is off the valve cover but there's not much room for a baffle on these. There's a thread on it, I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14642

2.216VTurbo
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Hmm, kinda what I figured, stock PCV is not keeping up and oil is just flooding the intake:( I don't mind using the exhaust powered catch can but that will not pass the freakin smog test. I plan to retest in a couple weeks so anything I use 'for now' has to be reversable to the extent that the referee wont find anything:mad:

Yes JT, that's a wet Nitrous kit:eyebrows: Mopars at the strip is next weekend and I'm not gonna be running 13's again this year:evil: Last year nearly every Cummins drank my milkshake:o

Turbo3Iroc
03-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Pulling off the intake might be a better option for you since you can just put a plug in the hole when you smog it.

BadAssPerformance
03-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes JT, that's a wet Nitrous kit:eyebrows: Mopars at the strip is next weekend and I'm not gonna be running 13's again this year:evil: Last year nearly every Cummins drank my milkshake:o

Sweet :thumb:

rx2mazda
03-18-2009, 01:16 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words...............Nitrous line, dual stock IC's, tractor battery, etc.

:D

Ondonti
03-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Has your cam timing always been correct?

Looks like way to much to be caused by that though.
Ick on your PCV.

2.216VTurbo
03-19-2009, 03:56 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words...............Nitrous line, dual stock IC's, tractor battery, etc.

:D

The Rampage RT has a few tricks;)

Brent-my cam timing was waaay off (10 and 11 degrees) till about 1K miles ago, I wonder if all that oil can just sit there that long?? It was definately dirtier/blacker than the crankcase oil:confused2:

At least I figured out my high idle syndrome while I was in there, the AIS was acutally bent like 10-15 degrees to the side so even fully seated, the pintle only contacted 3/4ths of the seat. That musta been a pretty hard shot to bend it like that. Def before I owned the truck.

black86glhs
03-19-2009, 09:07 AM
The Rampage RT has a few tricks;)

Brent-my cam timing was waaay off (10 and 11 degrees) till about 1K miles ago, I wonder if all that oil can just sit there that long?? It was definately dirtier/blacker than the crankcase oil:confused2:

At least I figured out my high idle syndrome while I was in there, the AIS was acutally bent like 10-15 degrees to the side so even fully seated, the pintle only contacted 3/4ths of the seat. That musta been a pretty hard shot to bend it like that. Def before I owned the truck.#1...stop ading oil to the throttle body.:amen:
#2...Stick with the story of it being someone elses fault on the IAC.:D

:lol::lol:

JamesL
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
That is a lot of oil. Do you notice any smoking during decel? I Definitely would be running a catch can but I don't know anything about all the hoops you Cali guys have to jump through for inspection. Are the tops of the pistons wet with oil also?

2.216VTurbo
03-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Zero smoke out the exhuast and the throttle reponse and 'crispness' with your STGIV and +40's:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: (just installed Monday, been on the shelf for a year or so:o) It has never run this good:amen: Of course it could be just fixing the AIS:p

I'll be changing to a fresh set of Autolite 63's later today for MATS :eyebrows:so I'll snap a couple plug pics for opinions...

dds78910
04-14-2011, 09:24 AM
So Alan, what was the outcome on this? Was it the PCV system? I pulled my tranny out lastnight to put in my aluminum flywheel and my manifold looked the same. I also have some smoking on decel too.

2.216VTurbo
04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
So Alan, what was the outcome on this? Was it the PCV system? I pulled my tranny out lastnight to put in my aluminum flywheel and my manifold looked the same. I also have some smoking on decel too.

Yep, under/poorly performing PVC was the culprit. Currently the culprit is a hole in the #1 piston and a chunk of cylinder wall missing:( I'm ready to have my trucklett back tho so after the GNX gets its new motor and the Yellow Masi gets some freshening for Masi Nats I'll get right back on the Rampage rebuild:o

Dr.Evil
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Currently the culprit is a hole in the #1 piston and a chunk of cylinder wall missing:(
Ouch! What happened?