PDA

View Full Version : TM wheels on SRT4 and are PT and SRT4 brakes the same

ScottD
02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Gotcha, reason I ask is I've thought of using some TD wheels with drag radials or slicks.

TD wheels won't clear the calipers. Cheapest solution is 15x6 steel PT cruiser rims. I just picked up a set of 4 off craigslist for $60.

Nice times Rob. What is your complete set up besides the drag radials, E1 turbo, returnline kit and Stage 2 injectors?

#########Edit############
Please note that this thread has post moved from two different threads. To keep things cleaned up.

Thanks -DodgeZ

the post came from these threads
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31379
and
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34956
########################

DodgeZ
02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
TD wheels won't clear the calipers.

are you sure about that?

ScottD
02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
are you sure about that?

Yes. There is a long thread on SRTForums about what people are using for wheels for slicks. There is also a thread on that in this section.

DodgeZ
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Scott,

PT steelies will fit, no issues, ever. SRT-4's use PT brakes / knuckles/ control arms, so if someone was having rubbing issues, they effed up or have an effed up wheel.

I don't think that is a true statement.

Aries_Turbo
03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
TD wheels won't clear the calipers. Cheapest solution is 15x6 steel PT cruiser rims. I just picked up a set of 4 off craigslist for $60.

Nice times Rob. What is your complete set up besides the drag radials, E1 turbo, returnline kit and Stage 2 injectors?

if this is the neon SRT-4 we are talking about, i bolted a set of 6.5" shelby z crab wheels on a srt4 with my 22x8x15 mt et's at the track with zero clearance issues. maybe with full depth brake pads it might not fit but i had no problems at all.

Brian

DodgeZ
03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
yes. There is a long thread on srtforums about what people are using for wheels for slicks. There is also a thread on that in this section.

if this is the neon srt-4 we are talking about, i bolted a set of 6.5" shelby z crab wheels on a srt4 with my 22x8x15 mt et's at the track with zero clearance issues. Maybe with full depth brake pads it might not fit but i had no problems at all.

Brian
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

ScottD
03-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I have a set of 6.5 crabs laying around and will give this a try. Pat Culkin had an SRT-4 for a while and tried to fit the crab wheels on it and they didn't clear the calipers.

Aries_Turbo
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
maybe it needs a small spacer with full height brake pads. all i know is i had them on a SRT-4 at the track.

Brian

ScottD
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I talked to Pat earlier today and he said when he test fit his that his SRT-4 probably had approx 5000 miles on it and they did not fit.

Maybe they fit when the pads have quite a few miles on them. My SRT-4 has 14k on it so it will be interesting to see if the crab wheels fit.

ScottD
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
are you sure about that?

Yes, I'm sure about that.

As you can see from the pics I just took, 6.5 inch crab wheels DO NOT clear the calipers. My car has 14,600 miles on it.

The PT steel wheels do clear but are close.

Aries_Turbo
03-10-2009, 10:16 PM
see how much spacer you need for them to clear so we can clear this up. the guy i tried them on may have had a spacer. i dont know. it was a few years ago.

brian

ScottD
03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
I didn't measure for a spacer last night. My guess is the shape of the crab wheel would require a decent spacer and then longer studs. Why do all that when you can just bolt PT steelies on at the track and then put stock wheels back on with no issues?

ScottD
03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I verified that crab wheels do not fit and PT steelies do fit. See link below.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=457648&postcount=20

DodgeZ
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Yes, I'm sure about that.

As you can see from the pics I just took, 6.5 inch crab wheels DO NOT clear the calipers. My car has 14,600 miles on it.

The PT steel wheels do clear but are close.

they look like they clear to me.

Pat
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM

C'mon...do you think he's making this up? Look again...look about halfway down the edge of the opening in the wheel.

On my SRT when it was new, with fresh factory brake pads, 6.5" crab wheels definitely, 100% certain, wheel would not turn with lugs tightened, the inner edge near the wheel openings wedged into the outer portion of the caliper, wheel scratched the edge of the caliper while I was test fitting the wheel, did not fit.

Maybe there were variations in the wheel castings, but my guess is that with brake pads that are worn a bit, you gain enough clearance to put a 6.5" crab wheel on.

ScottD
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Either you're

a) kidding
b) desperately need glasses/contacts or
c) calling me a liar while making yourself look foolish in the process

I hope it is a or b ....

DodgeZ
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
C'mon...do you think he's making this up? Look again...look about halfway down the edge of the opening in the wheel.

On my SRT when it was new, with fresh factory brake pads, 6.5" crab wheels definitely, 100% certain, wheel would not turn with lugs tightened, the inner edge near the wheel openings wedged into the outer portion of the caliper, wheel scratched the edge of the caliper while I was test fitting the wheel, did not fit.

Maybe there were variations in the wheel castings, but my guess is that with brake pads that are worn a bit, you gain enough clearance to put a 6.5" crab wheel on.

I am not saying he is making it up. I think don't buy in to the whole statement of that NO TD wheel will fit over an SRT brake. Sorry. I need real proof before I buy in to it.

Either you're

a) kidding
b) desperately need glasses/contacts or
c) calling me a liar while making yourself look foolish in the process

I hope it is a or b ....

Or d. your crappy cellphone pictures doesn't show me anything except that you didn't even tighten down the PT wheel you are claiming fits with no issue. It doesn't even look it was centered on the hub.

My problem is people making random statements. Like no TD wheel will fit on an SRT and all PT brakes are the same as SRTs.

Pat
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry. I need real proof before I buy in to it.

I'm not sure what proof you're looking for. The statement that Scott made was that 6.5" crabs didn't fit. They didn't fit my car. I believe you that they fit yours. Apparently, without worn brake pads, they don't. Agreed?

ScottD
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
My problem is people who won't admit when they are wrong.

I don't know of a 15" inch TD wheel that would be a better candidate than a 6.5 crab wheel to clear that caliper. I know a pizza wheel won't clear Spirit R/T brakes unless the pads are worn, so I don't see how a pizza wheel would clear an SRT-4 caliper. If you know of a TD wheel that clears SRT-4 calipers then by all means share that information, but my guess is with quite a few TD guys running SRT-4s someone would've found a wheel that fit by now.

Until then I'm going to run the PT steelies (like many, many people on SRT-4 forums have done and which fit on my SRT-4 despite your ridiculous assertations to the contrary) and consider them the cheapest alternative.

I am not saying he is making it up. I think don't buy in to the whole statement of that NO TD wheel will fit over an SRT brake. Sorry. I need real proof before I buy in to it.

Or d. your crappy cellphone pictures doesn't show me anything except that you didn't even tighten down the PT wheel you are claiming fits with no issue. It doesn't even look it was centered on the hub.

My problem is people making random statements. Like no TD wheel will fit on an SRT and all PT brakes are the same as SRTs.

DodgeZ
03-11-2009, 10:21 PM

are you sure about that?

Yes. There is a long thread on SRTForums about what people are using for wheels for slicks. There is also a thread on that in this section.

I'm not sure what proof you're looking for. The statement that Scott made was that 6.5" crabs didn't fit. They didn't fit my car. I believe you that they fit yours. Apparently, without worn brake pads, they don't. Agreed?

So Pat, do they fit or do they not? "TD wheels won't clear the calipers." That was the statement in question......

My problem is people who won't admit when they are wrong.

Yeah I know....

I don't know of a 15" inch TD wheel that would be a better candidate than a 6.5 crab wheel to clear that caliper. I know a pizza wheel won't clear Spirit R/T brakes unless the pads are worn, so I don't see how a pizza wheel would clear an SRT-4 caliper. If you know of a TD wheel that clears SRT-4 calipers then by all means share that information, but my guess is with quite a few TD guys running SRT-4s someone would've found a wheel that fit by now.

So now it is 15" TD wheels? So 16" TD wheels will fit now? My 15" pumpers clear spirit R/T with new pads. Sounds like you have been guessing...

Until then I'm going to run the PT steelies (like many, many people on SRT-4 forums have done and which fit on my SRT-4 despite your ridiculous assertations to the contrary) and consider them the cheapest alternative.
That is good. My dad runs PTs on his SRT. PTs with DRs and VWs with slicks.

PT steel wheels will rub if you have new brake pads, I know.
I bought a pair with drag radials when my car had 1200 miles on it and they rubbed.
Today no problem.
Pat should I believe that statement? Then tell everyone that PT wheels won't work?

Scott,

PT steelies will fit, no issues, ever. SRT-4's use PT brakes / knuckles/ control arms, so if someone was having rubbing issues, they effed up or have an effed up wheel. The only thing bad about them is that around in my area, they want $75/ wheel from the junkyard, new ones aren't much more.

Turbo and non turbo PTs have different part numbers on the brake calipers. At least that is what Advance Auto says. The SRT's have the red coating. I know it isn't much but the wheels are really close. A thick casting plus the coating could make the wheel not fit.

If it isn't nasty out I'll try some TD wheels on my Omni with PT brakes / SRT brakes. I was planning to stick my stock GLHS wheels on anyways.

ScottD
03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
So now it is 15" TD wheels? So 16" TD wheels will fit now? My 15" pumpers clear spirit R/T with new pads. Sounds like you have been guessing....

Checking Summit's site the smallest 16" M&H slick diameter is 26 and that's also 11.50 wide. Would a slick like that even fit a TD? We're talking wheels for SLICKS, not TD wheels in general fitting an SRT-4, and everyone I've seen is running 15 inch slicks.

That is good. My dad runs PTs on his SRT. PTs with DRs and VWs with slicks..

If your dad runs PTs on his SRT then why were you criticizing the pic of my PT wheel mounted on my SRT-4 and claiming it wasn't even centered on the hub as if it didn't fit?

If it isn't nasty out I'll try some TD wheels on my Omni with PT brakes / SRT brakes. I was planning to stick my stock GLHS wheels on anyways.

That would be nice if you mounted some wheels on your Omni and had something more productive to add to this thread than just antagonistic posts.

Pat
03-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I'm not arguing...run whatever wheels you want.

Ondonti
03-12-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm not arguing...run whatever wheels you want.

??? I didnt see him replying to you....:confused2:

Pat
03-12-2009, 08:16 AM
??? I didnt see him replying to you....:confused2:

See post 47

DodgeZ
03-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Checking Summit's site the smallest 16" M&H slick diameter is 26 and that's also 11.50 wide. Would a slick like that even fit a TD? We're talking wheels for SLICKS, not TD wheels in general fitting an SRT-4, and everyone I've seen is running 15 inch slicks.

It is funny just included 15" in your last comment, why did you do that if you weren't worried about 16"? What about 16 DRs? Have you checked on them? Also check with DCR, He has slicks that mount on stock SRT4 wheels.....

If your dad runs PTs on his SRT then why were you criticizing the pic of my PT wheel mounted on my SRT-4 and claiming it wasn't even centered on the hub as if it didn't fit?
I never said the PT wheels wouldn't fit. I just said your "proof" of what work and doesn't work wasn't even aligned up on the damn hub.

That would be nice if you mounted some wheels on your Omni and had something more productive to add to this thread than just antagonistic posts.

I was going to do it last weekend but I couldn't find my wheel key. I'll prove you wrong, don't worry.

ScottD
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM
I thought the title of this thread is wheels for SLICKS and NOT wheels for drag radials????

If you find your wheel key and find one TD wheel that clears the calipers that would be fabulous, I'd love to see you post something of value here, that would be a nice departure from your posts in the threads on this topic thus far.

It is funny just included 15" in your last comment, why did you do that if you weren't worried about 16"? What about 16 DRs? Have you checked on them? Also check with DCR, He has slicks that mount on stock SRT4 wheels.....

I never said the PT wheels wouldn't fit. I just said your "proof" of what work and doesn't work wasn't even aligned up on the damn hub. I was going to do it last weekend but I couldn't find my wheel key. I'll prove you wrong, don't worry.

DodgeZ
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I thought the title of this thread is wheels for SLICKS and NOT wheels for drag radials???? If you find your wheel key and find one TD wheel that clears the calipers that would be fabulous, I'd love to see you post something of value here, that would be a nice departure from your posts in the threads on this topic thus far.

being that this is going on from two different threads... but whatever. I am glad you have blessed us with your wonderful info. You been a great service to the TD community thank you for all of your insight. I have added nothing to these threads, thanks for point that out.

t3rse
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I thought the title of this thread is wheels for SLICKS and NOT wheels for drag radials????

so the same wheel that fits with DRs won't with slicks???

DodgeZ
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
so the same wheel that fits with DRs won't with slicks???

he is saying there isn't any slicks for 16" TD wheels but there could be DRs that fit TD 16" wheels but this thread is only for "slicks" not DRs. Even though half of the posts I quoted came from another thread that wasn't really slicks or DRs related.....

t3rse
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
stretch on a motorcycle slick...lol

ScottD
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
T you want to test fit one of the PT steelies on the WHorizon? I'll let you tighten the lugs down since my ability to do so is apparently in question ......

DodgeZ
03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
stretch on a motorcycle slick...lol

Actually, some SRT-4 owners do just that. They use 17" motorcycle slicks.

That is what DCR's slick is

ScottD
03-12-2009, 02:24 PM
First of all, the PT wheel was tightened down with 3 lug nuts. That's why the pic shows no lug nut on that one stud in the pic. No I didn't just throw it on there with no lug nuts and say it fits.

Secondly, I guess the fact that I've been driving TDs since 1989 doesn't qualify me as old school. Or the fact that I was on the SDML, then Turbo Dodge, and now TM since the mid-late 90s doesn't qualify me as old school. Or that I'm a member of not one but two Shelby Dodge chapters and have been to several SDAC national conventions. I own an 85 Turismo 2.2, 86 GLHS, and 92 R/T, all of which I have a deeper appreciation for than my SRT-4 because I have tons of time and sweat into each of them. I guess I'm just some random dude who doesn't know how to turn a wrench on a TD.

All I'm trying to do is share information, which is why I'm on this forum. I can say with conviction that common, easily available cheap TD wheels like crab wheels or pizza wheels won't fit and that PT steel wheel is a good low cost alternative for mounting 15" slicks (that was what this thread was started for, mounting 15" slicks, not 16" inch slicks, not 17" inch slicks, not drag radials).

You find one of these wheels http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=33 that is 15" and fits an SRT-4without a spacer great, I'll def admit that I was wrong in saying no TD wheels would fit, but until you provide some proof to the contrary aren't you really the same random dude on the internet spouting opinions not backed up by fact that you claim to be trying to save people from?

Dude, I never said the PT wouldn't fit. Your post about them fitting was your reply to guy that said they didn't on his low mileage car. I said your testing wasn't good proof. "This wheel will fits and this one doesn't" Well you didn't have the dang thing bolted down. You can see the wheel is 1/16th off center in the picture. I know it isn't much but we are talking about needing a 1/16th of an inch to have the clearance needed. Plus the way you took the picture you couldn't tell if there is a 16th of an inch gap or if it was touching. You just can't tell. If you had the light behind it so you see the crack I could agree with you, and the wheel was bolted down. Good god. With the wheel not bolted down I can get a 1/16th of an inch + or - different also that would prove my point also. You are also saying all td wheel don't fit and you have only tested with one wheel and guessing at the rest.

I don't think you understand when people find these threads and read them they believe what was posted as a fact. Hell I use to. I have been screw many times by buying in to what someone posted and wasted time/money in the process. These days I side on not believing what some random dude on the internet posts. Sorry buddy I dont trust you or your skills. Thanks for posting the picture showing you didn't even bolt the wheels on when you did your test. Just re ensures me why I don't trust random internet postings. Maybe if you were one of old school TD'ers I know has skills I would accept what you say as a fact. I remember when they use to say the Neon head wouldn't work on the 2.2/2.5s........

DodgeZ
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes you can get TD wheels over SRT4/PT brakes and rotors. It isn't prefect but you can do it. My brakes were about half worn and the wheels fit PT (non turbo) brakes. I think with new brake pads grinding just little off of the caliper will give the clearance needed. The PT turbo and non turbo brakes have different part numbers but the casting looks the same. I think the difference is in the piston size.

Video
http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20008.MPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20001.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20002.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20003.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20004.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20005.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20006.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20007.JPG

http://boostedmopar.com/temp/20090314%20008.MPG

DodgeZ
03-14-2009, 05:12 PM
First of all, the PT wheel was tightened down with 3 lug nuts. That's why the pic shows no lug nut on that one stud in the pic. No I didn't just throw it on there with no lug nuts and say it fits.
Well from the picture it looks like the wheel is up against the one side of the stud and then there is a big gap on the other side.....

Secondly, I guess the fact that I've been driving TDs since 1989 doesn't qualify me as old school. Or the fact that I was on the SDML, then Turbo Dodge, and now TM since the mid-late 90s doesn't qualify me as old school. Or that I'm a member of not one but two Shelby Dodge chapters and have been to several SDAC national conventions. I own an 85 Turismo 2.2, 86 GLHS, and 92 R/T, all of which I have a deeper appreciation for than my SRT-4 because I have tons of time and sweat into each of them. I guess I'm just some random dude who doesn't know how to turn a wrench on a TD.

Sorry, I don't recall who you are. I meant more the guys I know and have seen their work in person.

All I'm trying to do is share information, which is why I'm on this forum. I can say with conviction that common, easily available cheap TD wheels like crab wheels or pizza wheels won't fit and that PT steel wheel is a good low cost alternative for mounting 15" slicks (that was what this thread was started for, mounting 15" slicks, not 16" inch slicks, not 17" inch slicks, not drag radials).

All I am trying to do is make sure the correct info is given out to all of our members.

You find one of these wheels http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=33 that is 15" and fits an SRT-4without a spacer great, I'll def admit that I was wrong in saying no TD wheels would fit, but until you provide some proof to the contrary aren't you really the same random dude on the internet spouting opinions not backed up by fact that you claim to be trying to save people from?

Well this random dude made the the FAQ you are linking, most of the pictures are from my wheels out in my backyard. Isn't that funny :D ? No reason to admit you were wrong, I already knew. I also know that most people think I am jack arse, just ask Simon :thumb:

ScottD
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't consider grinding material off the calipers equating to fitting with full pads. If you think that's a solution then that's up to you, but personally, I would not take metal off my calipers to make a wheel fit.

Pat
03-14-2009, 10:19 PM
my guess is that with brake pads that are worn a bit, you gain enough clearance

My brakes were about half worn and the wheels fit PT (non turbo) brakes. I think with new brake pads grinding just little off of the caliper will give the clearance needed.

Settled! Finally! ;)

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't consider grinding material off the calipers equating to fitting with full pads. If you think that's a solution then that's up to you, but personally, I would not take metal off my calipers to make a wheel fit.

AGAIN. The problem is that you aren't everyone. When you make the comment "TD wheels don't fit" and start telling people that is the case it gets spread around. It becomes a "common fact" that they won't work. So when people ask about it and search past threads that is what they'll get. "oh those wheels I have won't work I'll have to but new wheels for my slicks" when in fact that isn't the case. There are a ton of people that will knock a hair off of the caliper to fit a set of slicks.

Hell I remember in the summer of 03 bolting my slicks on my buddy's SRT. They were on LeMans wheels. They just barely didn't fit, you could spin the tire and scrape a small line of the paint off. If we had a grinder at the track we would have taken it off as fast as we could. My buddy wouldn't have a dirty car so the line of paint the got bumped off bugged him. He used some brake paint and you couldn't tell he did anything. I am sure a ton people use TD guys would clean up the caliper to fit some TD wheels instead of spending the coin on aftermarket wheels.

Plus most people may not need to do that if they have miles on their brakes because it will bolt right up with no issues. I wouldn't have said much about all of this but when I asked you if you were sure they wouldn't fit you told me again that they wouldn't. You even told me to read other thread about this problem (again when something becomes a common fact even though it isn't true).

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Settled! Finally! ;)

Sorry Pat, I am an engineer so I like real hard facts. I hate to be anal but I don't like maybes floating around. I am glad it is cleared up now. I wanted to do last weekend in the warm sunny weather but for the life of me I couldn't find my wheel key. It was killing me to get home this weekend to get this banged out.

turbovanmanČ
03-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I know a pizza wheel won't clear Spirit R/T brakes unless the pads are worn,

Some do, some don't. I have 2 that have rough holes and clear no problem. I have 2 that have smooth holes-the pizza holes, and they needed some grinding to clear.

ScottD
03-15-2009, 11:14 AM
What knuckles are you using on the Omni? SRT-4 knuckles or GLH-5 lug knuckles?

Have you bolted the centurion wheel on your SRT-4 or just the Omni?

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 12:13 PM
What knuckles are you using on the Omni? SRT-4 knuckles or GLH-5 lug knuckles?

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845

Have you bolted the centurion wheel on your SRT-4 or just the Omni?

Yes I bolted them to the SRT and yes they did spin. The trans is out of the car and the struts/knuckles/brakes are just swinging around. With the aftermarket springs it has, putting the knuckle on is a PITA. I wanted to have video of it plus I needed to get the wheels on the Omni anyways.... I was wanting to have a smokey burn out video but the weather kind of F'ed me.......

ScottD
03-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I can't access the link - which knuckle did you use on the Omni?

I can put a centurion from my SRT-4 on to my GLHS as my SRT-4 is all together.

I'm not interested in a wheel that fits only when the pads are worn or needs the caliper ground down to fit. I want something that fits regardless of that situation. I'm sure there are many who would grind the caliper but also many who would share my opinion/position.

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845

Yes I bolted them to the SRT and yes they did spin. The trans is out of the car and the struts/knuckles/brakes are just swinging around. With the aftermarket springs it has, putting the knuckle on is a PITA. I wanted to have video of it plus I needed to get the wheels on the Omni anyways.... I was wanting to have a smokey burn out video but the weather kind of F'ed me.......

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 03:05 PM
I think my point has been proven. No more need to go back and forth with you as the rest of my comments aren't really allowed on this site. To continue we would have to finish up on boosted mopar but I don't that would work out so well for you. Thanks for all of your opinions.

ScottD
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't agree your point has been proven unfortunately. You have PT calipers on your Omni which it hasn't been confirmed that they are the same as SRT-4 calipers. I still don't know what knuckles you are running on your Omni, because you've refused to say and posted a link many people can't access. If you are running Omni knuckles then that's not a valid comparison because Omni knuckles could put the caliper in a different location than an SRT-4 knuckle. Your brake pads are who knows how worn. You admit your SRT-4 is half disassembled with the trans out and the knuckles hanging, I don't know how the wheel spinning on that can be cited as solid proof. Again, some may agree with taking material off a caliper to make something fit, I don't and I'm sure many would agree if you need to do that it really doesn't fit. That's my opinion, I'm sure you don't agree, but I've seen nothing in this thread to convince me that I can make a 15" TD wheel work on my SRT-4.

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't agree your point has been proven unfortunately. You have PT calipers on your Omni which it hasn't been confirmed that they are the same as SRT-4 calipers. I still don't know what knuckles you are running on your Omni, because you've refused to say and posted a link many people can't access. If you are running Omni knuckles then that's not a valid comparison because Omni knuckles could put the caliper in a different location than an SRT-4 knuckle. Your brake pads are who knows how worn. You admit your SRT-4 is half disassembled with the trans out and the knuckles hanging, I don't know how the wheel spinning on that can be cited as solid proof. Again, some may agree with taking material off a caliper to make something fit, I don't and I'm sure many would agree if you need to do that it really doesn't fit. That's my opinion, I'm sure you don't agree, but I've seen nothing in this thread to convince me that I can make a 15" TD wheel work on my SRT-4.

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15235

Aries_Turbo
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
but I've seen nothing in this thread to convince me that I can make a 15" TD wheel work on my SRT-4.

except for the fact that i put a set of 6.5" crabs on a SRT-4 and said about it in this thread or the other, i forget where the post ended up.

some will fit, some will not. it all has to do with the condition of the brake pads. it will definitely fit with a small spacer.

everyone in this thread needs to stop being an a pain in the --- and get some washers (ie spacers) and do some tests, like dodge Z does.

Brian

DodgeZ
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
except for the fact that i put a set of 6.5" crabs on a SRT-4 and said about it in this thread or the other, i forget where the post ended up.

some will fit, some will not. it all has to do with the condition of the brake pads. it will definitely fit with a small spacer.

everyone in this thread needs to stop being an a pain in the --- and get some washers (ie spacers) and do some tests, like dodge Z does.

Brian

I posted some picture for you Brian

Aries_Turbo
03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
ok so you need studs then. id gladly install studs, cut them down so the lugs will cover them when using the regular wheels or the TD wheels, and bring a spacer to the drag strip. that little bit of work is worth it to me to not have to buy different wheels or use narrow steelies. 6.5" crabs + slicks works well and is easy to come by.

Brian

turbovanmanČ
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
ok so you need studs then. id gladly install studs, cut them down so the lugs will cover them when using the regular wheels or the TD wheels, and bring a spacer to the drag strip. that little bit of work is worth it to me to not have to buy different wheels or use narrow steelies. 6.5" crabs + slicks works well and is easy to come by.

Brian

Studs with spacers or the hub centric spacers will work. The hubcentric spacers are cheap, under a $100, :thumb: