PDA

View Full Version : kind of a silly question ...

turbomopar87
04-13-2006, 02:11 PM
ok, heres the deal. Got an 87 shelby Z...pretty much everything is built. Has a MP comp, and i run 25-27psi. The car had alot of top end work done before i got it, including a turbo rebuil/upgrade. I dont know what exactly was done (no recipts) but i have some ideas from what i saw/found during the rebuild. However, it still had stock injectors, and i am guessing its the stock map sensor.

What i want to know is should i even spend the money on a 3 bar map if i am already running well above 14.7 psi?
Also, what are the part #'s on a stock 87 map sensor and the part #'s on a 3bar? Did mopar/chrylser even make a 3 bar? I know the map sensor i have no is the chysler product.

Kris

turbomopar87
04-14-2006, 05:52 PM
nobody?

mw6886
04-14-2006, 06:49 PM
The question is definitely not a silly one, this part is:
There is no way possible you are running stock injectors with 25+ psi of boost.

Now to answer your question, you cannot use a 3 bar MAP sensor if you do not have a computer that knows what to do with it. There is no benefit of a 3 bar without the computer.

turbovanmanČ
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I agree, theres no way your running that kind of boost on stock injectors. Write down the number and compare to the injector numbers in the FAQ section.

turbomopar87
04-15-2006, 12:45 PM
The question is definitely not a silly one, this part is:
There is no way possible you are running stock injectors with 25+ psi of boost.

Now to answer your question, you cannot use a 3 bar MAP sensor if you do not have a computer that knows what to do with it. There is no benefit of a 3 bar without the computer.

ok, i kind of figured the 3 bar wouldnt do anything.

LOL, the way i worded my first post was screwed up. I was running 25psi on +20's, and now am getting +40's. What i was TRYING to say was how much work the guy did before i got it, and it had stock injectors then...and wasnt sure if he changed the map sensor without changing injectors before, lol, i know its confusing, just ignore that part.

thanks alot, now i dont have to buy one. Think i got most of this stuff down now...