Phone calls can do wonders.

BadAssPerformance
03-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Moved thread to Turbos Unleashed Section

+1 to calling Chris 602-76-BOOST

Chris W
03-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Was just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting their core fee back from turbo unleashed. I have had great customer service and response from them, but they have had my core turbo for two weeks now and still have not returned my 150 dollars. It only takes a few minutes to look over the turbo. they say that rebuilds are going to be done first after they get caught up they will look over the cores. what if they dont get caught up. i cant afford to let 150 sit in someone elses pocket to return when they feel like it.

Based on your location and the core charge we are talking about the Mitsubishi TE04H turbo. Unfortunately, the time needed to "look over" a turbo is more then just a few minutes. It needs to be completely torn down and all components cleaned so that we can verify all tolerances and check for damage. At that point we usually just rebuild it because the time to do that is already invested. We do prioritize customer rebuilds over core verifications only because some customers are without a vehicle and need their turbos back ASAP. I know you can relate to that because you requested that we expedite your build due to your situation. I personally inspected your core turbo when it arrived and found that the turbine wheel/shaft was dragging on something inside. This may or may not be an issue with your core and we won't know until we start the rebuild.

We have been extremely busy lately and I do apologize for not being able to sequence your core in sooner. I think we can get it in now so we should have an answer by early next week. Hopefully that is acceptable to you.

Chris-TU

BTW- Welcome to the Turbo-Mopar message board! You have come to the right place :clap:
How is your new turbo performing so far?

squirlydude1974
03-13-2009, 02:54 PM
thank you for your response I am used to returning cores and as long as it is the same item the $ is returned. as far as the internals of the turbo yes it is worn out but it worked great when it was removed that is why i purchased a rebuilt from you because i knew it wasnt going to last long the inside of the turbo shouldnt be anything i have to pay for.

Chris W
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Attached below is our core policy page.

http://turbosunleashed.com/subpage.php?mainmenu=corepolicy

This page provides detailed information on what an acceptable core is. It also includes information on which items are covered in a rebuild. Don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions at all about our core policy.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
thank you for your response I am used to returning cores and as long as it is the same item the $ is returned. as far as the internals of the turbo yes it is worn out but it worked great when it was removed that is why i purchased a rebuilt from you because i knew it wasnt going to last long the inside of the turbo shouldnt be anything i have to pay for.

Just because it worked doesn't mean that its ok to rebuild and just because it was working you assume it should be ok with nothing damaged??????? :confused: