PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Shaft Bushing

1qk4dr
03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/otc4505.html

Will a tool like the one above remove and install the intermediate shaft bushings? Does anyone know the exact diameter of them?

black86glhs
03-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure it would fit in the block for the inner one. Should work for the outer one. I used a bolt and some washers.

turbovanmanČ
03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
That would most likely work. To get them out, you use a socket or seal driver and just pound them out.

Turbo3Iroc
03-13-2009, 03:04 AM
I use a set of old bushings and an old shaft. Removes and installs.

Nemesismachine
03-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure it would fit in the block for the inner one. Should work for the outer one. I used a bolt and some washers.

That is the most ridiculously simple idea I have heard yet. Why the F would you use such a simple way to change that out? Holy god, I cant believe I havent tried that yet. YOU HAD ME AT WASHERS. If I meet you at carlisle or something remind me to buy you a beer.

black86glhs
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
That is the most ridiculously simple idea I have heard yet. Why the F would you use such a simple way to change that out? Holy god, I cant believe I havent tried that yet. YOU HAD ME AT WASHERS. If I meet you at carlisle or something remind me to buy you a beer.You got it!! As long as you have a bolt that can handle the pressure, your good. I used a long punch the last set I removed. Used the bolt and washers to install.:nod:

SUPER60omni
03-29-2009, 12:35 PM
I use a old shaft with a bad gear.....I put it in the drive way, hit it with a hammer and it breaks right in half, then use the small end as the install tool for the inner, and just flip the big end over to hit the outer bearing in. Its not bad at all, Ive done it in the car before. Just make sure the oil holes get lined up!