PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent

Dave
04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
So I'm raising my base pressure last night, when I go to loosen the lock nut the nut lets loose and the 7/16 box end wrench goes with it and slams into the vaccum nipple and rips it clean off.

Half the barb is now inside the fuel regulator and the other half is in the vaccum nipple. :banghead: :censored: :banghead: DAMNIT! So I hurry and get advice from Simon to see what I should do, he says get an easy out. Okay I've never heard of one. Dad says he has.

Time is now 8pm and I'm hurrying to get it done before places close. Fly out to NAPA -- closed. Advanced (spend good ol' time there), they don't have it. Fly to other end of town to AZ, aha! They have an easy out in 1/8" - 1/4". Hurry home. Dad gets it right out of the regulator.

So I call Summit Racing seeing if they have a honed out threaded male fitting. After spending 20 minutes on the phone with them, they see they have it. Drive 12 miles up there, they got the wrong part. Go to service again have him take a peak. He basically says Im SOL.

Go back home, call Cindy. No answer. grr. :mad: Call Chris at TU. He says he will call Accufab tomorrow and order some more regulators and get me some fittings. OKay kool, but I have a good portion of Friday off and I wanted to tune it with the scanner.

Maybe today pops will find the fitting so I don't have to wait for it to come from Chris.

Oh well, live and learn. Lesson learned everybody: USE A FREAKING 7/16" DEEP WELL SOCKET, NOT A WRENCH when adjusting base pressure. ;)

CSX321
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I think we've all had times that made us feel like that.

I can hardly describe the feeling I had when I was tapping on a rusty wiper bolt trying to get the wipers and motor loose on my CSX, and my hand slipped a little and...crack...I hit the windshield with the hammer. :banghead: I threw it down and was kind of hopping around saying, "I can't BELIEVE I just did that!!!"

turbovanmanČ
04-13-2006, 11:55 AM
You should be able to go to any hardware/parts store and find one or something. Heck, get some brake pipe and thread it, make your own.

Dave
04-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Well one of our vendors has already taken care of me. :)

I should have it running again by Monday I'm guessing.

turbovanmanČ
04-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Don't forget its Easter, so deliveries are going to be delayed.

Dave
04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Don't forget its Easter, so deliveries are going to be delayed.

Damn. That's right. I have Monday off ALL DAY. I was hoping to tune it as high as I could running .96v.

Place bets now for how many pounds I can run with that kind of a/f. :eyebrows:

5sp. mini
04-13-2006, 06:12 PM
don,t worry abount the scanner keep it till you need it/ i like to see if bubba can make a cable to down load on a lab top. then we can record runes and read it and the computor. being it,s a 4000 enhanced i don,t know how many frames it will store? being i found a motor for the drango and will be pulling it next week end if all goes right.hope it turns out beter than the last time :nod: AL

Dave
04-14-2006, 08:25 PM
lol So how did that car drive today, Al? I heard someone yelling something at me. My first thought was to flip that person off, whomever was yelling, then I realized I was at work... then realized it was you. :lol: Whoops!

5sp. mini
04-14-2006, 09:25 PM
you are on a good corner you will see alot of nice cars go by.i use the church lot across from you to turn around and go back to the shop.after 30 years of working on cars i still like to find whats wrong or needs fix:nod: AL you should run the scanner on pat and whatch how it works or the diff, in reading.

Dave
04-14-2006, 11:42 PM
you are on a good corner you will see alot of nice cars go by.i use the church lot across from you to turn around and go back to the shop.after 30 years of working on cars i still like to find whats wrong or needs fix:nod: AL you should run the scanner on pat and whatch how it works or the diff, in reading.

Hmm good idea. Yah I like the corner area, I see lots and lots of cool cars. I see almost two accidents a day up there too. :D

Bubba
04-16-2006, 06:03 PM
i like to see if bubba can make a cable to down load on a lab top. then we can record runes and read it and the computor. being it,s a 4000 enhanced i don,t know how many frames it will store?

I have the OTC 2000 that doesn't do any logging. If you have a 4000Enhanced, we should get together on a weekend and see what we can come up with as far as a cable. Now the other question is what type of software will be compatible on Windows with the OTC? This is something I've never done before. This weekend would've been great since my wife was outta town. The Shadow and I spent much time together this weekend cruisin' around, although I didn't go too far from home (I was on-call this weekend). The Dyno day is coming up soon and I've got some other work to accomplish; still haven't ran the wire for the charge-air sensor.