PDA

View Full Version : TU's Stuff Highly recommended!

SUPER60omni
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Just installed one of TU's new 4 pucks with larger disc and "purple" plate. Pedal feel is better than stock and it seems to hold the power just fine on my car making over 500ft/lbs. I did have a slight spline issue like someone else on this site had, but 20min and a file and it was cured. Chris says the new supplier will solve this fittiment problem. I also installed one of their 3in down pipes and the fit and finish was PERFECT, couldnt ask for any better....same with the steel braided oil feed line from them. Thanks for all the help Chris.

Luke..:thumb:

2.216VTurbo
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Nice, 500lbsft? Awesome, care to share the dyno sheet, I'd love to see how nice and fat that area under the graph must look:clap:

SUPER60omni
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
I cant post a attatchment.....Im sure you read about the car. 86 GLHS #065 535HP/539ft/lb Tq.
8 Valve
Ring a bell?

crazymadbastard
03-10-2009, 10:54 PM
He's lying, I was there for the pulls, my convertible lebaron made twice as much as Luke's car.

I could be wrong though, maybe it was the other way around. :p
Glad it is together, is the clutch noisy?
I have the TU 6 puck/yellow plate and that thing grabs
and holds! :thumb:

SUPER60omni
03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Sorry I cant hear the clutch over my new ball bearing turbo sounding like a hair dryer under the dash :D

2.216VTurbo
03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I cant post a attatchment.....Im sure you read about the car. 86 GLHS #065 535HP/539ft/lb Tq.
8 Valve
Ring a bell?

Ding, coming back now;)

Turbo3Iroc
03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Nice to know Luke. Probably going to the purple plate myself for my next one.

SUPER60omni
03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Nice to know Luke. Probably going to the purple plate myself for my next one.

You will love the pedal pressure. Hey if your around some day this week I will come show you it and take you for a ride in a FAST GLHS!........hahahaha just playin, I love your GLHS.

BadAssPerformance
03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
8 Valve
Ring a bell?

Nope, no bell, but sounds cool! :thumb: What's your best 1/4 mile with it?

2.216VTurbo
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Nope, no bell, but sounds cool! :thumb: What's your best 1/4 mile with it?http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27891

I remember it because he just kinda matter of factly dropped in on this thread and we were all like "HUH, WTF?" :thumb: After that the thread kinda turned into a benefits of a 65 shot of nitrous on a turbo motor thread but some great nitrous info is in there. I'll no doubt read it back thru before Cincy this year:lol:

BadAssPerformance
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
OK, that sounds familiar now...

1966 dart wagon
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I also have had nothing but good experiences with chris, I ordered his 3in turbo back exhaust kit, fit was good, needed some tweaking but for it not being made 'on the car' at a shop very nice. My 6puc blue pp holds great. cant wait to order my new 83lbs injectors and moly plate from him :D

SUPER60omni
03-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Nope, no bell, but sounds cool! :thumb: What's your best 1/4 mile with it?

The same setup (minus custom length aluminum rods and spray) was in my silver GLHT and it went 11.92 with a tranny that wouldnt go in 2nd above 4grand. Have not had a chance to get to the track with this car yet. Im waiting tho....im ready...:thumb:

moparzrule
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
+1 for TU's clutches, I have a 6 puck/blue plate in my daily driver and I had a 4 puck/blue plate in my shadow which had about 400 ft/lbs when I had the 2.5 in it.
Pedal feel is firm but nice and easy, engagement is not anything near as on/off as I thought it was going to be.

BadAssPerformance
03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
The same setup (minus custom length aluminum rods and spray) was in my silver GLHT and it went 11.92 with a tranny that wouldnt go in 2nd above 4grand. Have not had a chance to get to the track with this car yet. Im waiting tho....im ready...:thumb:

Cool, let us know when you run it :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I think JT in his PC-correctness as a mod here just asked you to put your money where your mouth is super60:D

2.216VTurbo
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Since this kinda turned into a 'what TU clutch are you running thread' I'll chime in on that too with a small admission.

Couple years ago when I bought a TU yellow plate/6 puck, I could not find any external differences with a stock PP cover (other than that lovely yellow color;)) I was suspicious of the claims so I kept it on the shelf until the Rampage was ready for it's new hybrid trans last weekend. In the meantime, I did have the clutch checked out (as it turns out sheerly by coincidence by the guy who built it for TU, what are the odds:wow1:) Turns out there ARE plenty of mods under the cover, machining, changing of pivot point, that kind of thing that creates the increased clamping force. It is in fact, right about 40% more clamp than stock (slighty more on the PP tester actually).:)

I wanted a clutch that will hold but also engage stock-ish, too many hateable clutches have been in my projects over the years:o So I combined the PP with a stock disc, yes I measured the thickness VS the 6 puck they are within .005-.007 (a little more with the Marcel compressed) so I think it should be fine. After about 75 miles it is working perfectly and I almost never say that about a clutch. They are almost always too much/too sudden/ too harsh/not enough or some other problem. I am liking what I have but will reserve the final opinion until after Mopars at The Strip in 8 days. If the clutch holds the 8.5" slicks, I'll be stoked:nod:

SUPER60omni
03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I think JT in his PC-correctness as a mod here just asked you to put your money where your mouth is super60:D

I will be more than glad to do so. I wish it wasnt 28 deg. here! I would be at the track if it was like 55ish.

BadAssPerformance
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I will be more than glad to do so. I wish it wasnt 28 deg. here! I would be at the track if it was like 55ish.

LOL, I think Alan was putting some words in my mouth there ;) but cant wait to hear what it runs! Heck, cant wait to get to the track myself!!!

2.216VTurbo
03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
LOL, I think Alan was putting some words in my mouth there ;) but cant wait to hear what it runs! Heck, cant wait to get to the track myself!!!

:blah::blah::blah::blah: More JT PC... You were more fun when you were just a regular pot stirring Joe here like the rest of us:p

shelbyES
03-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Anyone try the Ultimate Race 4 puck blue plate, I bought it awhile ago and just put it in with there competition steel flywheel. I haven't got'n to drive it yet( still putting it together). Owned the car for 3 years close to been done!:amen:

moparzrule
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I ran the 4 puck/blue plate in my shadow, see post #14

Turbo3Iroc
03-13-2009, 02:39 AM
I have that clutch in my car for now but much more hp and I will expect it to start to slip.

Chris W
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Since this kinda turned into a 'what TU clutch are you running thread' I'll chime in on that too with a small admission.

Couple years ago when I bought a TU yellow plate/6 puck, I could not find any external differences with a stock PP cover (other than that lovely yellow color;)) I was suspicious of the claims so I kept it on the shelf until the Rampage was ready for it's new hybrid trans last weekend. In the meantime, I did have the clutch checked out (as it turns out sheerly by coincidence by the guy who built it for TU, what are the odds:wow1:) Turns out there ARE plenty of mods under the cover, machining, changing of pivot point, that kind of thing that creates the increased clamping force. It is in fact, right about 40% more clamp than stock (slighty more on the PP tester actually).:)

I wanted a clutch that will hold but also engage stock-ish, too many hateable clutches have been in my projects over the years:o So I combined the PP with a stock disc, yes I measured the thickness VS the 6 puck they are within .005-.007 (a little more with the Marcel compressed) so I think it should be fine. After about 75 miles it is working perfectly and I almost never say that about a clutch. They are almost always too much/too sudden/ too harsh/not enough or some other problem. I am liking what I have but will reserve the final opinion until after Mopars at The Strip in 8 days. If the clutch holds the 8.5" slicks, I'll be stoked:nod:

I appreciate you coming forward with your experiences Alan. :thumb: As you confirmed, we tend to be a bit conservative on all the performance numbers we advertise. Were you in NY recently?

I am also glad to hear you have been enjoying our clutch so far. What happened to the disk we sold you? I can't guarantee that stock disc you installed will hold up against the slicks. But, let us know how it goes.

Chris-TU

Turbo3Iroc
03-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Luke took me for a ride this afternoon and all i can say is this car rips. ~20 psi on pump gas and the tires were hazing 4th. :thumb:

30 PSI SHADOW
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
you better slow down!! LOL! cool to see the sun shining again. Spring is in the air..

bill

crazymadbastard
03-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Luke took me for a ride this afternoon and all i can say is this car rips. ~20 psi on pump gas and the tires were hazing 4th. :thumb:

you are a brave man! I am not getting in that "thing". :eek:

SUPER60omni
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
you are a brave man! I am not getting in that "thing". :eek:

Should be at the dyno this saturday if my injectors get here. :D

slasky
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Anyone try the Ultimate Race 4 puck blue plate, I bought it awhile ago and just put it in with there competition steel flywheel. I haven't got'n to drive it yet( still putting it together). Owned the car for 3 years close to been done!:amen:
I have it with the ceramic 4 puck in my charger. 325+ foot pounds of torque with a 5000 rpm launch on slicks without any slippage. It is a little grabby but it is easy to get used to.

moparzrule
03-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I have it with the ceramic 4 puck in my charger. 325+ foot pounds of torque with a 5000 rpm launch on slicks without any slippage. It is a little grabby but it is easy to get used to.

Hmm yeah I guess I never said about that. 6000 RPM launches on slicks with a full weight shadow here with atleast 350 ftlbs on the 4 puck/blue plate with the clutch not even thinking about slipping one bit.

SUPER60omni
03-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Well........Chris came through and got my 72pph injectors to my house before the weekend so I can get it on the dyno tommorow. I street tuned it tonite with race gas and even sprayed it a few times. A/F's were 11.2 on 32psi and were jumping between 10's and 11.7 on the bottle........nice and safe now. I can actually admit the car actually scares me now. its not safe in any way shape or form. I like it but it makes me think twice when its on the bottle burning out soooo effortlessly in 4th. The "dyno day" guys are gonna poop when my car is burning out on the rollers :D good thing im driving it!
I dont wanna jinx myself, but my guesstimation is more than 550WHP&TQ.

Thanks Chris!! I will call you tommorow with details! Oh yeah......I got a real video camera for the occassion this time.:thumb:

2.216VTurbo
03-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Well........Chris came through and got my 72pph injectors to my house before the weekend so I can get it on the dyno tommorow. I street tuned it tonite with race gas and even sprayed it a few times. A/F's were 11.2 on 32psi and were jumping between 10's and 11.7 on the bottle........nice and safe now. I can actually admit the car actually scares me now. its not safe in any way shape or form. I like it but it makes me think twice when its on the bottle burning out soooo effortlessly in 4th. The "dyno day" guys are gonna poop when my car is burning out on the rollers :D good thing im driving it!
I dont wanna jinx myself, but my guesstimation is more than 550WHP&TQ.

Thanks Chris!! I will call you tommorow with details! Oh yeah......I got a real video camera for the occassion this time.:thumb:

So it's been 2 days... Results?

crazymadbastard
03-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I think he got arrested for dyno abuse. :p

SUPER60omni
03-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Its over here...http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=463814#post463814

SUPER60omni
03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Well the TU Purple plate seemed to hold the 600Ft/Lbs on the dyno no problem!

Chris W
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM

NICE!!! :clap:

Now we just have to find you some 600Ft/Lbs tires :eyebrows:

Chris-TU

SUPER60omni
03-23-2009, 07:34 PM
NICE!!! :clap:

Now we just have to find you some 600Ft/Lbs tires :eyebrows:

Chris-TU

hahaha.....im gonna call John Force later and ask him if he would sell me a set;)

85glht
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM

I'm happy about that!!! That means that I will have no issues :thumb:

SUPER60omni
03-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm happy about that!!! That means that I will have no issues :thumb:

......no issues with your clutch at least. Motor is another story;)

Just jokin dave......Let me know what you find wrong. If its a piston or wrist pin I have spare 2.2 STD JE's with pins. I have good T2 rods with ARP's to (i have 3) if somthing is messed up with yours. Let me know.

85glht
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
......no issues with your clutch at least. Motor is another story;)

Haha....... Bob's called and my stuff is ready. It was a worn out rod bushing. I brought him all four to check out....... it was #3 that was bad. I'll have the stuff tomorrow and I need to order some stuff too...... in a nutshell I'll be ready soon :D

Thanks for the offer on the parts :thumb:

SUPER60omni
03-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Haha....... Bob's called and my stuff is ready. It was a worn out rod bushing. I brought him all four to check out....... it was #3 that was bad. I'll have the stuff tomorrow and I need to order some stuff too...... in a nutshell I'll be ready soon :D

Thanks for the offer on the parts :thumb:

No problem man, Like I said....If you need any help let me know, you have my # now. Or I still have yours.

Turbo3Iroc
03-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Looks like the diagnosis at the track was about right on. :thumb:

85glht
03-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Looks like the diagnosis at the track was about right on. :thumb:

Yes it was. I'll get more details on why later today.

mcsvt
03-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Dave glad you got it figured out and are getting it back together. That day at Atco was brutal!

85glht
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
That day at Atco was brutal!

Yes it was........... I had snowmobiled in warmer weather than that. :rolleyes: