PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to 87 GLHS #50

WickedShelby88
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I just saw that this car was blue and it was on the ShelbyGLHS.com website as for sale, but was running fine just had a salvage title. Guy claimed he found a headlight support and was going to have it drivable soon. I then saw on the shelby registry that is was shown shelby heaven RIP. I emailed Shaun the previous owner and found out it did indeed live after it was sold. His friend, however, had wrapped it around a pole and that was that. It was parted later. :(

spoolinhard
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I remember this car. I was on there a couple months back looking for it and couldnt find it. I rember that it looked like it was Sante Fe blue and had a gorgeous paint job on it.

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
That was a car I should have kept. RIP.... "guy" was me.

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I sold the car to a friend after many postings and offering the car as it was for 1500 then 1000.. no takers. I had to eliminate my number of cars and they HAD to go. A friend of mine bought the car mostly repaired barring paint, drove it for a number of months and then crashed it. The yard that got it straight refused to sell me the car no matter what I offered and I offered a couple thousand to get it back, no dice. My other friend, ---.. sold the parts. RIP. It was my first Shelby, the one that started my interest and I wish I never sold it.

BadAssPerformance
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Sad story :( got any pics of it I can add to my numbered car archive?

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
gonna have to grab 'em from shelbyglhs.com. Those pics were before the mainstream popularity of the digital age, lol! I'm sure I can scan some when I have time.. Painful memory though damn..

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
BTW.. IF someone should come across the dash plaque name your price. I'd like to have it. I know someone grabbed it and most likely sold it. I want it back eventually.. needle in the haystack lol!

BadAssPerformance
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I already got the ones off of GLHS site... whatever you have for the archive would be greatly appreciated.

I hear you on the dash plaque! Post the "wanted" here :thumb:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421&highlight=dash+plaque

WickedShelby88
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey I just updated my info.. wow that was a fast response, but thanks for the update. Its better to know what happened and have the info out there at least. It makes for a more interesting history. If I ever see plaque # 50 for sale I will let you know

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I keep the Shelby Registry updated with my current vehicles and e-mail him when I sell one. I'll see if I can get you a few more pics of #0050. I'll PM you when I can. Is the archive more of a personal compilation or is it public? I'd kinda like to see that myself..

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I happened to be on!:D Eventually I'll update shelbyglhs.com. I'm glad that site is still going. I wish one would be done for the SL and CSX too.

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm kinda curious.. where did the sudden interest in #0050 come from? When I needed to sell it like 10 years ago there wasn't any.. I tried like hell to get it in the hands of another collector.

WickedShelby88
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
lol 10 years ago I had plenty of money and would of bought it but I didn't have internet either cause it was like 99. I'd been meaning to buy a computer for years and I remember my friend mentioning that his dad always wanted a GLHS and I thought they were some 10k car like all the others back then that were worth something. Live and learn for sure.
My sudden interest was mainly that it was the only blue GLHS even if it was dealer painted it was still interesting in its own right. I tried like hell to keep the sante fe blue 86 SC I had but its in a much better home how soon to recieve a hybrid engine.. Life is sure full of surprises.

SpiritedShelbys
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE= Life is sure full of surprises.[/QUOTE]
+1 on that my friend. Here's something funny; the beginning of the story! When I stumbled across #0050 I was only aware of the Shelby cars NOT familiar. I was a diehard V-8 40+ year old or older car only guy at the time. A friend of mine had a dc rampage which really turned me onto these cars. It was fairly fast, got good fuel economy and it handled very well, something my old iron just didn't do. I found the car in a wrecking yard. It had a little front end damage and was totalled because of it. It was solid, I made it run BUT I didn't know it was a GLHS until later. The color threw me off but I knew it was different when I opened the hood. I was familiar with the early T-1s. I had a pristine '84 turbo Z at the time. I did a little research and low and behold it was a GLHS. I made the deal instantly and drove the car home, yep no plates LOL. Found a glhs converted rampage on the trip home too!

BadAssPerformance
03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I keep the Shelby Registry updated with my current vehicles and e-mail him when I sell one. I'll see if I can get you a few more pics of #0050. I'll PM you when I can. Is the archive more of a personal compilation or is it public? I'd kinda like to see that myself..

Currently private, more of an archive than a registry...

I happened to be on!:D Eventually I'll update shelbyglhs.com. I'm glad that site is still going. I wish one would be done for the SL and CSX too.

www.shelbycsx.com

JohnnyIroc
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
does anyone have pics of it?

SpiritedShelbys
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I have lots and will post them when I have free time. Until then I'll encourage you to go to www.shelbyglhs.com and look it up.