PDA

View Full Version : 206,000!

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
My SRT4 had been my daily driver for work. I purchased it new on 10/18/05. By 10/18/08 I had over 200,000 on the car. I've since gone on to a new career as the Courier work died. I had talked some time ago to Tim Pettijon about what was left in these high mileage cars of ours. (His SRT4 is in the 160,000 range) Well, yesterday we tested the dyno to see if an issue was cured and used my car to check it. The car still puts out 204 to the wheels and hit 235 torque. The car is all stock and all the driveline parts are original, save for the axles! The valve cover has never been off this car! Cool eh?

BadAssPerformance
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Damn, thats some miles!!! :thumb:

87ShelbyZ
03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
So Much for being a Pos neon ;):thumb:

Thats alot of damn miles for 3 years :wow1:

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I hear ya Bud! I've done as many as 1461 miles in 17.75 hours in that car and it delivered 25.52 MPG over that particular trip too!

Damn, thats some miles!!! :thumb:

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I suppose I got a good ACR comapred to some of the stories I've heard from others.

So Much for being a Pos neon ;):thumb:

Thats alot of damn miles for 3 years :wow1:

BadAssPerformance
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I hear ya Bud! I've done as many as 1461 miles in 17.75 hours in that car and it delivered 25.52 MPG over that particular trip too!

Nice pace and MPG at it! :)

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I couldn't believe I didn't get ticketed for that pace at some point. Thank goodness the car is black and doesn't really grab one's attention so quickly.:thumb:

Nice pace and MPG at it! :)

WickedShelby88
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Who says an SRT4 isn't reliable should take note. Congrats! When I was in vocational school I was told miles didn't mean anything on a vehicle as long as it had been taken care of. My 94 voyager has 276k and it looks like your going to catch up this year at the pace your going.:clap:

89ShelbyGuy
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Where's that one guy that had all the problems with his.....now he's telling people don't buy dodge products..as he thinks there junk....wasn't it slasky?

I will always own mopar products until i die...my pops has a 93 voyager...170,000+ Its still his daily driver...and we havn't replaced any engine stuff..just regular maintenance and one wheel bearing.

jory
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
When I was in vocational school I was told miles didn't mean anything on a vehicle as long as it had been taken care of. going.:clap:

I say the same thing.. when people tell me car X is junk past this many miles I laugh at their ignorance because it completely depends on the maintenance, if it was thrashed on etc.

skitzo_inc
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice! I'm planning on getting an SRT4 at some point. Prolly two-three years down the road. I just don't think I'm going to go the used route. Not many people take as good of care as their fast cars as you!
Congrats!

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Now that I no longer do the work I did before, I won't be putting the miles on it as quickly as I once did. I was hoping to top 250,000 this year, but it won't be happening as fast! I ran nothing but synthetic oils in the motor, gear lube in the trans (Royal Purple Max Gear for the most part), good oil filters, and changed most everything when it should have been. I did let the timing belt go for much longer than recommended (162,000) Heh-heh.

Who says an SRT4 isn't reliable should take note. Congrats! When I was in vocational school I was told miles didn't mean anything on a vehicle as long as it had been taken care of. My 94 voyager has 276k and it looks like your going to catch up this year at the pace your going.:clap:

BadFastGTC
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I positively hate the trans in the SRT4. I've had it rebuilt, I've tried numerous lubes to get it to shift, I finally elongated the hole to the clutch master cylinder pushrod to get it to shift. All this since day one I owned it. Save for that issue, it has been a great car. The trans issue really had me cheesed for some time, but what the heck, I adapted to it and drove accordingly.

Where's that one guy that had all the problems with his.....now he's telling people don't buy dodge products..as he thinks there junk....wasn't it slasky?

I will always own mopar products until i die...my pops has a 93 voyager...170,000+ Its still his daily driver...and we havn't replaced any engine stuff..just regular maintenance and one wheel bearing.

WickedShelby88
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I positively hate the trans in the SRT4. I've had it rebuilt, I've tried numerous lubes to get it to shift, I finally elongated the hole to the clutch master cylinder pushrod to get it to shift. All this since day one I owned it. Save for that issue, it has been a great car. The trans issue really had me cheesed for some time, but what the heck, I adapted to it and drove accordingly.

Overcome and adapt! I like that. Which years of the SRT4's had said issue? Or was it all of them?

Dodge Aries K
03-11-2009, 02:46 AM
I think it was the 2005's that had the wierd tranny issues...