PDA

View Full Version : Door info stickers

135sohc
03-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Does anyone here reproduce the Tire size & loading sticker ?

and the vehicle information sticker on the drivers door ? has the VIN, build date, chassis weight/suspension loading date, MFG By Chrysler Corp, Vehicle Made in USA, ect

my tire data one is completly gone and since I'll probably end up replacing this door (rotten bottom seam) I would like the have the proper or atleast a close enough match for the new door. so everything is correct

rich tideswell
03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
ditto. the one on my daytona is wiped clean as well.

LaserXT1986
03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Does anyone here reproduce the Tire size & loading sticker ?

and the vehicle information sticker on the drivers door ? has the VIN, build date, chassis weight/suspension loading date, MFG By Chrysler Corp, Vehicle Made in USA, ect

my tire data one is completly gone and since I'll probably end up replacing this door (rotten bottom seam) I would like the have the proper or atleast a close enough match for the new door. so everything is correct

I have been asked this before from several people. It's tricky to reproduce.

It looks like the factory did these in 2 stages. The first was a blank decal, metallic silver with black print. Then, a second, clear decal overlay was placed, that had the vin, build date, weight, etc printed on it on a "dot matrix" type printer. This explains why many cars have the information "wiped off" yet the decal is still there. The "dot matrix" print, on the top layer, isn't as durable, plus the other decal (the black/silver) is actually "protected" by the top layer

I suppose it can be done, the easy part is the silver/black decal. The toughy is finding a dot matrix font to replicate that look.

We could do it two ways...same as original (provinding a dot matrix font could be found), with 2 layers....or one layer with everything together. What is the general consensus?

tommyturbo
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't mind one for my car, but how would you find out the appropriate info to fill in? My car had the door replaced at some point with a door from a different car, so that data is incorrect.

Plus i want to swap the dash out because I found one in much better shape...my concern is now, the vin numbers will never be correct and what a pain that would be if I sell it.

I'm gonna see if it is possible to swap the data plate on the dash to the new dash. How could I find out the info that was on the door of the car?

135sohc
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I know about that style of sticker you guys are referring to. but I'm looking for the later style (91+ I think) thats all white and chrysler still uses last I checked.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/135SoHc/th_shadowinterior_exterior598-1.jpg (http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/135SoHc/?action=view&current=shadowinterior_exterior598-1.jpg)

iangoround
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't mind one for my car, but how would you find out the appropriate info to fill in? My car had the door replaced at some point with a door from a different car, so that data is incorrect.

Plus i want to swap the dash out because I found one in much better shape...my concern is now, the vin numbers will never be correct and what a pain that would be if I sell it.

I'm gonna see if it is possible to swap the data plate on the dash to the new dash. How could I find out the info that was on the door of the car?

The VIN plate is just held in place by rivets. You could easily drill them out and keep the correct VIN plate for the car you are swapping the dash in to.

neongary
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I have been asked this before from several people. It's tricky to reproduce.

It looks like the factory did these in 2 stages. The first was a blank decal, metallic silver with black print. Then, a second, clear decal overlay was placed, that had the vin, build date, weight, etc printed on it on a "dot matrix" type printer. This explains why many cars have the information "wiped off" yet the decal is still there. The "dot matrix" print, on the top layer, isn't as durable, plus the other decal (the black/silver) is actually "protected" by the top layer

I suppose it can be done, the easy part is the silver/black decal. The toughy is finding a dot matrix font to replicate that look.

We could do it two ways...same as original (provinding a dot matrix font could be found), with 2 layers....or one layer with everything together. What is the general consensus?

Yep, could use them too, in addition to all the others.

rich tideswell
03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Yep, could use them too, in addition to all the others.

neongary, thanks for posting that pic, that's the decal i need on the door jam of my 92

neongary
03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
neongary, thanks for posting that pic, that's the decal i need on the door jam of my 92
:thumb: Well I hope not that particular one. I "borrowed" that pic from a Mopar parts reproduction company web site.
That one goes on a 1970 E body with F70-14 tires.
These decals seem like they would be easy to duplicate as they just look like they are printed on cheap paper.

rich tideswell
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
:thumb: Well I hope not that particular one. I "borrowed" that pic from a Mopar parts reproduction company web site.
That one goes on a 1970 E body with F70-14 tires.
These decals seem like they would be easy to duplicate as they just look like they are printed on cheap paper.

Nice to know incase i ever stumble on a winning lotto ticket and buy a T/A or AAR to restore

i don't know if they're cheap paper decals, but i think they're similar in construction to the other picture posted of the decal on the door inner

135sohc
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
The tire decal is printed on plain paper/plastic material without any clear plastic overlay. Mine curled up around the edges and when I tried to press it back down and reglue it. thats when it 'crumbled' if thats possible to explain.

DC Turismo
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Need one for the 89 CSX I'm working on Dave! :) I'll see if T-Unit can snap a pic on his COTM beauty if you'd be interested in doing them.

LaserXT1986
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Need one for the 89 CSX I'm working on Dave! :) I'll see if T-Unit can snap a pic on his COTM beauty if you'd be interested in doing them.

Yea if there is enough interest I will see if I can find a dot matrix font to match....Unfortunately it doesnt look like I can do the later model ones due to the barcode :(

I will see what I can discover about the tire ones, too...to be continued :)

LaserXT1986
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
The tire decal is printed on plain paper/plastic material without any clear plastic overlay. Mine curled up around the edges and when I tried to press it back down and reglue it. thats when it 'crumbled' if thats possible to explain.

LOL yea it dried out and "Cracked" so to speak.

neongary
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice to know incase i ever stumble on a winning lotto ticket and buy a T/A or AAR to restore

i don't know if they're cheap paper decals, but i think they're similar in construction to the other picture posted of the decal on the door inner

Sorry, the T/A and AAR didn't come with that sized tire.:thumb:

rich tideswell
03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry, the T/A and AAR didn't come with that sized tire.:thumb:

ops, you're right. g series 15''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger

Darkapollo
03-12-2009, 09:59 PM
1001fonts.com

they have dot matrix fonts and barcode fonts. they even have the dodge font.

DC Turismo
03-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Any word Mr. Lucidi??? :)

135sohc
03-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Yea if there is enough interest I will see if I can find a dot matrix font to match....Unfortunately it doesnt look like I can do the later model ones due to the barcode :(

I will see what I can discover about the tire ones, too...to be continued :)

Screw the barcode. if you could make something with the rest of the info that would be more than good for me. :)

neongary
03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Not speaking for Mr. Dave, but after following the discussion on another thread, I don't think he is really interested in making anything for the TM community as a whole. Privately, might be another matter.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35376

LaserXT1986
04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
1001fonts.com

they have dot matrix fonts and barcode fonts. they even have the dodge font.

Thanks for the info!! I'll look into this

Any word Mr. Lucidi??? :)

Yes, I forgot all about this thread to be honest, now that I have some fonts to checkout, I'll see what I can do..give me about a week ;)

Not speaking for Mr. Dave, but after following the discussion on another thread, I don't think he is really interested in making anything for the TM community as a whole. Privately, might be another matter.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35376

No I still will be making items, just not that item. Funny how that guy bragged and bragged about being able to do them cheaper, yet I don't see him coming forward as a vendor, nor offering them. Sadly, he ruined the chances of that item being made for the community by me, because he was too interested in being a pompous a$$.

With respect to these decals, I will see what I can do....if the fonts allow me to create a perfect replica (at least of the older ones) I will definitely move forward with making these. The barcode ones I need to look into further....never used a barcode font before lol!

Thanks for keeping this thread open!! :)

Darkapollo
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
The bar code font is quite interesting. it is generic so it has one bar for a, b, c. etc would be nice to know what the origional stickers ment, but you could just type out DAYTONA and it would make a barcode out of that word.

GLHSKEN
04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
No I still will be making items, just not that item. Funny how that guy bragged and bragged about being able to do them cheaper, yet I don't see him coming forward as a vendor, nor offering them. Sadly, he ruined the chances of that item being made for the community by me, because he was too interested in being a pompous a$$.
:)

Dave... Dont't let someone keep you from doing something that is right....

ScottD
04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I reproduced the bar code VIN decal for my Spirit R/T. The car was hit on the driver's side fender and door. The driver's door was useless. I cut the decal out of the door using a dremel and then scanned it. It came out pretty well I think. Maybe someone with more computer skills could do something similar and make the image so it could be updated to have the VIN of a particular car. My image was in jpg format and I couldn't really alter it but I didn't need to do that either so it wasn't a concern.

fishcleaner
04-12-2009, 12:33 AM
this is the door sticker on my '85 GLHT, it was completely un-readable until I enhanced it. I would love to have somebody re-pop it, I re-traced over the
numbers to read it better

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/fishcleaner_photos/doortag2lr.jpg