PDA

View Full Version : bodywork Q's

W.P._Turbocars
03-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Ok guys.. The time has come for me to get the Daytona put back together. I'll have a few of these threads in different sections. Anyways here goes.

Getting my 88 Daytona turbo back together. At one time I did a full 88 Shelby swap to it and it currently has all the 88 ground fx. I also have picked up a set of 89 side skirts and a rear bumper. I don't have a front and can't seem to find one for it either. What would you use, the 88 or 89 stuff? As far as being "correct" it won't matter to me.

I don't have a lot of bodywork experience so I don't know how hard it would be to fill the holes in the sides from where the bump guards are. Also both rear bumpers I have are bowed a little. Is there a good way to get them straight again?

GLHNSLHT2
03-09-2009, 12:37 AM
I like the 87-88 stuff better.

1966 dart wagon
03-09-2009, 12:49 AM
some heat can be applied to move the bumpers, or any plastic for that matter, back into place

I don't know how hard it would be to fill the holes in the sides from where the bump guards are.
are you talking about the black moldings in the middle of the doors? those are just double stick taped on, except for on the qt and fender, you will have to weld those shut

W.P._Turbocars
03-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah I was talking about the fender spots. I may take another look at trying to find a set of front fenders and 89 bumper again. who knows. lol