PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: NEED '91-'93 11" front spindles and calipers...by next week!!

Reaper1
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Title says it all. I mistakenly thought I had these parts, but I was wrong. I have '89/'90 11" front spindles and calipers which won't work with my rebuilt K-frame.

So, I am willing to stright up buy and/or trade for '91-'93 11" spindles, caliper adapters, and calipers.

I NEED them by next week if at all possible as I've GOT to get my project done during spring break!

So, if there is ANYBODY out there with these parts willing to sell them, PLEASE contact me via:

PM on the forum
e-mail: grimmc@erau.edu
phone: 904-233-2764

I have Pay-Pal, and am willing to pay shipping! Thanks! :thumb:

Force Fed Mopar
03-08-2009, 11:46 PM
I have '93 spindles, hubs are removed but I still have them also if you need them. They are off a '93 Shadow ES, it had the smaller brakes but I think the spindles are the same, just use the big brake brackets and calipers.

135sohc
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I have '93 spindles, hubs are removed but I still have them also if you need them. They are off a '93 Shadow ES, it had the smaller brakes but I think the spindles are the same, just use the big brake brackets and calipers.

The knuckle is the same between 10.25 & 11" brakes.

turbovanmanČ
03-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I have the adapters and calipers-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...light=calipers

Force Fed Mopar
03-09-2009, 03:23 PM
The knuckle is the same between 10.25 & 11" brakes.

Cool, I thought so but couldn't remember for sure. Reaper, if you want them just PM me for price.

Reaper1
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
OK. I'm going to go search a local yard here in Daytona to see if they have a van with the correct parts. After some cross referencing I found that the large bolt pattern vans have the same parts as what I need, I just have to swap the hubs...no biggie there.

If I can't find them, I'll be in contact! :thumb:

Reaper1
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, I got lucky and scored spindles, caliper adapters, and calipers form the local yard off of two vans, one was a '94 Grand Caravan, and the other was just a regular '92 Caravan with 15" wheels.

I also scored a halfway decent sunroof glass, seal, and actuator from an '89 Shelby Daytona(yes, it WAS a TII car, but EVERYTHING was gone except the brakes and the 15" spare, which I may go back to get). The car was in there because it had no floors left...you'd have never guessed it by looking at it, until you lifted the carpet :(

All said and done, all the parts came out to $130. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but that inludes the sunroof stuff. I also got all the bolts from the spindles as well. I think this came out to less than what the parts and shipping would have been(no offense to anybody, but shipping that stuff would have not been cheap).

So, now I have to clean up my new parts and get them ready for the swap!

Thanks to all for the help, options, and suggestions. I REALLY appreciate it! :thumb: I went in to panic mode because this project is something I've been looking forward to doing for a while and I have a very short time span I HAVE to get it done in....

Force Fed Mopar
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Actually shipping is pretty cheap on that stuff via UPS, probably 20 bucks would've done it on the spindles :) However it still came out the same getting them locally, plus you didn't have to wait :D So yeah, you didn't get hurt on it, good deal.