PDA

View Full Version : Pinks All-Out Indy

moparman76_69
03-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Looks like Pinks All-Out is coming to Indy, the last chance race I believe is the only way to get in now and its April 18-19. The All-out race is May 29-30.

All you guys talk about wanting to go on the show so heres your chance!

Bardo
03-07-2009, 08:09 AM
that would be cool if they went with a 12.5 class and you saw some daytonas or something there

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Indy... like at IRP? got more info!? Link? What times they looking for? :D

Blue Iroc R/T
03-07-2009, 12:04 PM
They went with a 12.5 Class last Thursday nights show, and a 4cyl Mitsu (w/AWD conversion) made it to the top 4. I hope a few make it out to Indy, I'd love to watch that on TV. :amen:

moparman76_69
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/apcm/templates/racedivisions.asp?articleid=35128&zoneid=95

SebringLX
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
There's a good chance I will be there. I was watching the show on Speed the other night, I half jokingly said to my wife "Should I try to get my car on that show?", and she said yes!

My plan so far:
Get car tuned before end of month.
See if I can get deep into the 12's, if not break into the high 11's in either Union Grove or Byron on April 4th.
Attend the Last Chance Race in Indy April 18th-19th.
????
Profit

As a back-up, if I don't win/get picked at the Last Chance in Indy... there's a Last Chance for Pinks All Out at the US 131 Motorsports Park in Martin Michigan on May 30th. They have more details for their Last Chance event than O'reilly does. Details here: http://www.us131motorsportspark.com/assets/pink%20qualif%20flyer.pdf

Right now I have a feeling that getting picked as a "Promoters Choice", my car is 1 of a kind. I wonder if I could run in 2 different classes... with my slicks on, I'm guessing it'd put me in the 11.0 and slower class, but I could take the slicks off and run for Quickest Domestic Street legal.

Anyone want to be my crew? lol

*EDIT* More info from Speed on the last chance events here: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/pinks-all-out-to-offer-last-chance-qualfiers-in-2009/

BadAssPerformance
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmmm... gotta see what I'm doing that weekend now

moparman76_69
03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
There's a good chance I will be there. I was watching the show on Speed the other night, I half jokingly said to my wife "Should I try to get my car on that show?", and she said yes!

Let me know if you go or not I'll be there the 18-19 its only a few weeks now!

Shadow24
03-30-2009, 11:25 PM
i thought about going to the all out, but im a bit jaded by the complete lean towards v8 muscle (and the fact i don't have a fast enough car)

I'd love to see a class where there were not only v8 muscle but smaller motored cars like TDs, v6s etc. compete evenly. not everyone can drop 30K on a camaro or mustang with some heads, cam huge carb and enough NOS to stupefy a small town.. none of this pocket 8 and 9 second car crap. wheres the REAL racing? upsets by rotaries, v6s or 4-bangers over the "big bad v8 muscle"

(sorry, it just gets to me sometimes)

realistically though, i wouldn't mind trying for the All Out if i had the supercharger and AWD done as i think the wow factor would help in getting on the show. I also think an omni, charger or daytona would stand a good chance. esp. if its a 2.4 or a TIII, or even a highly modified 8v :thumb: wish i was able to drop some jaws on TV like that

j4278h
03-30-2009, 11:42 PM
I will gladly be pit crew member for anyone trying to do the US131 martin michigan Pinks event.