PDA

View Full Version : K Car club seeks more members

butchsuppe
03-07-2009, 03:03 AM
I met the pres last week and invited his club to the SoCal SDAC meeting last night. Even Alan was nice to the 3 members that came. I got on their forum + now I'm a member. And I don't even have a K Car. This is a fairly young club and struggling to grow, well of course we all rec. Turbo-Mopar.com to them. So if anyone wants to join their club all you have to do is reg. at the K Car club forum.

2.216VTurbo
03-07-2009, 03:56 AM
The part Butch didn't mention (but I feel belongs here) is the president of that club has spent 5+ years restifying his 89 Aries TBI, he has had it to 6 different mechanics, spent over $2,000. (I asked him) and they could never make it run right:( 15 minutes after Butch had the hood up, he cleaned some connectors with carb spray, sorted some vac lines and added a ground wire and as the VP of their club said to the Pres "Dude, your car has NEVER run this smooth!" He said that like 3 times incredulously to anyone listening:D

Dodge Aries K
03-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Oh god... that guy... he's annoyed the living hell out many people on the Allpar K-car forum...

Bardo
03-07-2009, 04:45 AM
is a 87 lebaron a k-car?? if so im in

bradp
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
is a 87 lebaron a k-car?? if so im in

Why yes it is.

GLHNSLHT2
03-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Look at those wheels and tires. OMG those are blinging!

Johnny
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
A K-car, what's a K-car?:hail:

Oh, I own one.:thumb:

Johnny

Johnny
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
You talking about this one??

http://www.chryslerkcar.com/forum/

1FastCSX289
03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
The part Butch didn't mention (but I feel belongs here) is the president of that club has spent 5+ years restifying his 89 Aries TBI, he has had it to 6 different mechanics, spent over $2,000.

No offense to any k-car owners, but thats the craziest thing ive ever heard. I can totally understand (and totally love) the sleeper thing.....k-car+turbo= totally cool. But spending all that time on a TBI? Get that man a TURBO!!!!:lol:

rosie
03-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Both cars were 89's.

3times? I thought he said it 10! Then someone said he was talking smak about our cars... Which I wouldn't mention (someone clarify and I'll edit this post) but then his car wouldn't start! Didn't he know that Mopar installs emotional chipsets complete with ears on all our cars!

"talk smak about me? fine! I won't start!"

2.216VTurbo
03-07-2009, 06:20 PM
To each their own but spending $21K to restore that car is a little over the edge IMO:confused: It *is* clean though:eyebrows:

Glad I didn't hear any of the smak talk Rosie, after I've had a couple adult beverages I don't mince words. Kinda hard for me to imagine 'Cheif' trashing us on his first meeting, maybe PM me with a couple details so I can address it at our next meeting.

2.216VTurbo
03-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh god... that guy... he's annoyed the living hell out many people on the Allpar K-car forum...

You know Karl, I've always thought of this whole comunity as slightly twards the dork end of the scale for the cars we are into, but that guy really sets the bar if ya know what I mean;) I was having a little fun with him when he was describing his cars issues, running rough, mileage dropping from a high of 28 to about 20 recently. I told him with a strait face that we had plenty of help in the lot that night, we should pull his motor, inspect it and put it back in right there in the lot and it would run fine. He looked at me sideways for a minute and said, "Really?" Maybe just a bit gullable:D

raccoon
03-07-2009, 06:51 PM

bah allpar, no wonder he couldn't make his k-car work right. just a bunch of know it all know nothings.

im bitter since im banned.

1FastCSX289
03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I've always thought of this whole comunity as slightly twards the dork end of the scale for the cars we are into

You think?

Yea. :lol:

rosie
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
To each their own but spending $21K to restore that car is a little over the edge IMO:confused: It *is* clean though:eyebrows:

"Not a spec of dirt" if I recall the narration of the under-the-hood tour...

contraption22
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Glad I didn't hear any of the smak talk Rosie, after I've had a couple adult beverages I don't mince words. Kinda hard for me to imagine 'Cheif' trashing us on his first meeting, maybe PM me with a couple details so I can address it at our next meeting.

Twenty one THOUSAND dollars on a TBI K? That's roughly (doing quick math) 210 times the actual value of the average TBI K car.

Ondonti
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
you said 2,000 and 21k.........??? huge difference.

His car does look better then the other cars in the pictures though, and this is coming from someone who hated their Aries Wagon highschool car.

bradp
03-07-2009, 10:49 PM
bah allpar, no wonder he couldn't make his k-car work right. just a bunch of know it all know nothings.

im bitter since im banned.

How do you get banned from Allpar Did RickP buy it too.:lol:

2.216VTurbo
03-07-2009, 11:05 PM

His car does look better then the other cars in the pictures though, and this is coming from someone who hated their Aries Wagon highschool car.

It was a segway Brent, keep up:p The car with the custom wire rims is the 21K car, that's 'Cheif's' car. The pres of the club (Guy) has the hubcap car that the pic shows Butch working some magic on, that's the 2K (repairs) car. There was another 89 K car with a turbo conversion, that car was clean but that guy left so early I didn't get any pics:( Anyone else, the white one with the rims?

These K car guys will be welcome at future meetings but it is interesting how different their discussions are. Fuel mileage a big topic:confused:, and Cheif went on and on and on about his new underhood matt he found at a New York dealership. He was excited about that like 'we' are about a new hybrid turbo or a giant intercooler:D

raccoon
03-07-2009, 11:13 PM
How do you get banned from Allpar Did RickP buy it too.:lol:

their over zealous swear filter made me snap one day. I may of over reacted.

Dodge Aries K
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't like allpar either... there's a lot of buttclowns on there that piss me off.

butchsuppe
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Yea I got a kick out of that dude freaking about how guys car was running after I cleared the codes, just looked at Turbo Jerry and laughed. Now a got a few more K Cars to fix. Hmmm maybe I could teach them how to pull a motor at the yard while I watch.:eyebrows:

GLHNSLHT2
03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
they talk about mileage because they haven't gotten a ride in Alan's GLHS yet or the TC right?

Ondonti
03-08-2009, 06:37 AM
It was a segway Brent, keep up:p The car with the custom wire rims is the 21K car, that's 'Cheif's' car. The pres of the club (Guy) has the hubcap car that the pic shows Butch working some magic on, that's the 2K (repairs) car. There was another 89 K car with a turbo conversion, that car was clean but that guy left so early I didn't get any pics:( Anyone else, the white one with the rims?

These K car guys will be welcome at future meetings but it is interesting how different their discussions are. Fuel mileage a big topic:confused:, and Cheif went on and on and on about his new underhood matt he found at a New York dealership. He was excited about that like 'we' are about a new hybrid turbo or a giant intercooler:D

Ahh, yeah Guy's car reminds me why I hate K cars, but I have a strange affinity to Chief's car. Me likey.

Aries_Turbo
03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
aw crap. i went to sign up and i clicked the wrong button on the first screen and didnt realize it until i submitted my information that i clicked the one that said i was born after 1996 lol. what an idiot i am.

Brian

rosie
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM

2k in repairs and it ran like crap because of a ground and vacuum leak but who knows what a Tbelt on a K car goes for at the shop. I never did one even when I worked for Ma Mopar.

And 21k seems about right considering he has 5k in rims and tires alone.

2k = coupe
21k = 4 door with the blingn' wheels and shiz'