PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Shelby Charger for Sale 2.5L SMEC in NE PA $2000

tinindian68
04-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I had this car on Ebay and the winning bidder never contacted me... Check out Item number: 4625527702 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4625527702&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT) for pictures. The description is the same.

Up for sale is a really nice 1987 Shelby Charger. At this point, the car is basically all new. I got the car bone stock with 73,xxx miles on it. The body is in really nice shape. It was repainted before I bought it. The previous owner did a good job. There is some rust on the bottoms of the doors and on the back hatch, but it’s nothing major. The floor pans are perfect. There is no rust under the car. Overall the car is excellent, and looks great going down the road. I would rate the paint work and body at about 8.5 out of 10. I bought the car bone stock, and proceeded to tear the whole thing apart. Here’s a list of the modifications:

ENGINE

1989 2.5L engine Bored .030 over

New Pistons

Stock Crank and Rods

Rebuilt Head

All new bearings

Mopar Performance Head Gasket

Converted the car to the later Intake

Rebuilt TII Turbo

Stainless braided turbo oil feed line

New seals, gaskets, timing belt, etc.

DRIVETRAIN

1990 523 5 speed transmission

NEW TIII Clutch kit from MOPAR

Short throw shifter

Equal length Driveshaft conversion

BRAKES AND SUSPENSION

Caravan brake conversion up front

Stock rear drum brakes

Vented rear Disc brake set up included

Polyurethane Suspension bushings in the front control arms

WIRING

1989 SMEC under hood wiring Conversion

INTERIOR

Interior is in great shape

Seats are really nice

Replaced the light grey interior panels with dark grey (the light grey was totally dry rotted)

MISC.

Converted to a single fuel pump

K&N Cone Filter

Stock plastic BOV

ALSO INCLUDED

Includes the stock under hood wiring from the car

Includes a TII RADIATOR/ INTERCOOLER setup

Lower intercooler hose

PROBLEMS/ISSUES

You’ll need to figure out something with the rear bobble strut. I have one installed, but it’s with a long bolt through the old mounting bracket. You could just weld on a bracket and be done with it.

You may need to tidy up some of the wiring. For one, you’ll need to mount some horns. I didn’t get to that part yet. The wiring for the horn in the car is fine; you will need to get two newer style horns, mount them, and hook up the wires. The wiring is all there.

You WILL NEED NEW TIRES IMMEDIATELY! The tires on the car are dry rotted badly. One loses air as well. I wouldn’t drive this car with these tires, for safety’s sake.

The brakes are rusty from sitting.

I drove it around the block recently, and it didn’t stop too well. This will get better with use, or you could take off the rotors and clean them up.

The car runs and drives. It hasn’t been inspected since 2004 I think. I haven’t driven it 20 miles since I completed all the work I took it on some short runs to make sure everything worked. It boosts great! The car is a blast to drive.

I wouldn’t drive the car any long distances until you go through it, though. It has been sitting a while; I would tow it to be safe.

I’m really bummed out about getting rid of this car(you can tell by the way too long description!). I’m in graduate school, and my wife and I will be moving soon for her grad. school. It’s just no longer feasible to keep this car. The car is located in Plains, Pennsylvania (Near Wilkes-Barre, PA). I live in Bloomsburg (about 45 minutes away). If you want to take a look at the car, I’ll need a day’s notice. Weekends are always better, but I can figure out some time during the week as well.

I can send pictures to any interested parties. If there are any questions, shoot me an email. I am firm on the $2000 asking price.

Thanks,

Brian Young
brian_young1@msn.com

tinindian68
04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
The car is still available.

Just out of curiosity, why can't I sell this car? I don't think I'm asking too much. I 've had a lot of interest, but no serious takers.

Brian

GLHSKEN
04-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Don't lose faith. It just takes the right buyer. The car sounds well worth it.