PDA

View Full Version : Subframe for RWD

AO_2JZ
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey guys. I'm brand new to the forums. I've had my 1993 Iroc (3.0l) since 2001. It's been through three clutches, has had two motors and was ready for another timing kit and clutch when I parked it about two years ago. Some of the repairs were from *ahem* rough service, but this last time around I was convinced that it wasn't me. Bottom line, I'm not a big fan of the Mitsu motors. I personally know several people that have had trouble making reliable power out of the 4g63 along with the 6g that's in the 3000s and the stealth R/Ts. I know a lot of people drop bigger motors into the 'tonas and convert to RWD. A big block isn't exactly what I had in mind, but something with similar power. I saw the post down the forums a bit about the turbo 440 (awesome btw) and started to wonder about a frankin' car of my own. Maby I should be on another forum, but I was curious what kind of problems there might be to overcome with a RWD conversion. I've taken rough measurements and think its very possible to fit what I'm planning into the engine bay my only concerns are getting a trans and drive shaft to fit along with any steering/suspension problems that might occur including the rear axles. If someone with experiance could comment along with any other thoughts I would appreciate it. This WILL be a turbo application.

BadAssPerformance
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forum! :clap:

jory
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11/f68/221298-88-daytona-rwd-conversion.html

86Shelby
03-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I can't view the link, but a friend got a tube frame chassis for his RWD Daytona from Chris Alston Chassis.