PDA

View Full Version : daytona seats in the shadow

turzbo
03-02-2009, 12:54 PM
hi all, was wondering if the seats out of a 88 shelby z would bolt in to a 91 shadow or do you have to swich the seat track if you can, not worryed about power driver seat, and as for the wings and the lumbar suport should be a constant power, or key on power, any advice would be great,
thanks

SpiritedShelbys
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, you'll have to switch the seat tracks.

JohnnyIroc
03-02-2009, 06:08 PM
yeah you have to switch the track
what kind of daytona seats you looking at?

turzbo
03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
guy i know has some red ones frome his 88 shelby z

JohnnyIroc
03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
track changing is not to much work
and if your seats are trashed its worth it

badandy
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Someone please explain the seat track swapping? I have 88 Daytona seat tracks bolted to the bottom of my CSXT seats and it worked just fine. I know pre-88 the seat track mouting is different but in 88 it changed and *I THOUGHT* it stayed the same throughout the rest of production. Was there yet another floorpan change?

inmyshadow
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Back in 1993, I put 91 Shelby seats into my 87 Shadow ES. My red Shadow seats were wearing out and I found a 91 Shelby in the junkyard with excellent red seats. This was actually one of my first mods to a car.

What I did? I removed the cloth covers from each seat bottom. Then I covered the shadow's metal frame with the daytona's seat cover.

I remember doing this because the seat tracks were completely different between the two. I couldn't swap tracks from seat bottoms. Nor would the daytona seats just bolt up with a shadow's floor.

The daytona's seat track front mounting points are more laid down with a lower seating position compared to a shadow.

Everybody was impressed with those daytona seats. In my circle of friend's, I was the least knowledgeable when it came to working on cars.