PDA

View Full Version : General: Wanted: L-Body 4-Headlight Nose & Hood

scrampage1
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a friend looking for a front end and hood for his 1984 Dodge Rampage.

Preferably in Northern California.

If anyone in Cali has seen one in a junkyard, please let me know and I'll pass the information on.

This is the 4-Headlight front end that was on the:
- 1984 Dodge Rampage
- 1984 to 87 Dodge Charger (not Shelby Charger)
- 1984 to 87 Plymouth Turismo

Thanks!!

Ray
Central California

Xtrempickup
02-28-2009, 11:13 AM
the hood is the same as a 2headlight car just so you know

DC Turismo
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Tom, do let me know if you got this to work before, but as far as I know and have worked with, the 1982-83 Chargers and 1983-87 Shelby Charger hoods were different than the quad headlight front end L-bodies. Trust me, we tried putting a Shelby Charger hood on my Turismo back when I first got it without looking it over good enough and the body lines on the hood are completely different (early Chargers and Shelby Chargers prolong down the hood in a parallel fashion while the Turismo, later model base Chargers come in towards each other at an intersecting angle if those lines continued) and it is a few cm longer I do believe because the quad headlight nose wraps up towards the hood at a more rounded angle than that of a Shelby Charger or early 82-83 Charger.

I have a front nose piece but itd be a heck of a lot to ship it to you.

tmef
02-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I have a complete front end and a hood, but again shipping would be tough. BTW, the hoods are different.

Xtrempickup
02-28-2009, 03:32 PM
i dont know my 84 has an 83 nose on it and the front looks right, its on my rampage that pictures are of all over, unlesss i have a 83 hood, but i dont know i had a 84 here before with quad lights and it didnt look different to me but i wasnt swapping parts