PDA

View Full Version : intercooler/bov high boost?

Pirate
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I have a 88 shadow ES ( 2.2 mitz). I was wondering....what intercooler and bov will suport the mitz wide open for now till the larger ( garret, 60, 70, hybrid...havent decided yet, where the best deal/performance is) turbo ends up in the car. I dont want to change it when I go to the bigger one either.
End goal: +40's, cal, 2.5" exhaust, bigger turbo @ 18-22 psi.:nod:

turbovanmanČ
04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Buy the IC based on WHAT your doing later. So get the best quality and best flowing unit you can afford. Theres always decent ones for sale on our forum. If you use the search button, you can find a list of ebay sellers that sell good ones, type in intercooler or IC.
As for a BOV, any decent name brand will work, just stay away from large units, IE the Tial 50mm as there for big turbos. HTH.

Pirate
04-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I dont really know what cooler seems to fit the best in the shadows ( flowing good enough ). Kind of after input for the car specific, for design and eficiency reasons. Sifted through the threads on coolers for the last two hours...lol. GOOD DESCUSION! I think so far from all that it'll be 2.5 all the way with as few bends as posible, thinking of trying some long bends instead of strait 90's. Just an idea....That RVM bov that everyone was discussing seems interesting, just dont know about longevity at 20 psi....probly go with the turbo SX and save any headaches for the few $ extra. Cooler is still up in the air though. Its funny every qustion answered nets you two more questions..lol. (p.s. the van idea went out the window, going to haul the shadow instead "Mini-man")

mcsvt
04-11-2006, 02:43 PM
If I was ready to put down money for my intercooler, I would probably go with this
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114297
Doubt there would be any problem putting that in a shadow, plus it is high quality.

Disclaimer: I don't know that seller and have never dealt with him, this is just my opinion :D

GLHNSLHT2
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
The 1st gen Cummins TD fits beautifully in a shadow. Just search for Cummins Intercooler Install on google. Flows good enough I was able to raise my shift points 300rpms on my 2.5 at the track :)