PDA

View Full Version : Wiring conversion

pooky
12-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Is it possible to convert an '89 TII harness out of a Lebaron so that it can be used in an '88 Daytona? Everything will work, I know, but I'm concerned about the headlights and motors.

Diabloed
12-24-2005, 10:29 PM
If needed I can draw up a schematic of how I made my lights work when I used the 89 Masi TC harness in my 89 Daytona. Requires a toggle switch and some relays and to run wires to the front.

pooky
12-25-2005, 09:31 AM
That would be great. I was kind of hoping to splice two harnesses together but I'm not sure that will work going from a 4 headlight setup to a 2 headlight setup.

Diabloed
12-25-2005, 12:54 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/350000-350999/350489_228_full.jpg

Anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!!

This switch is the three-way style that you have to hold into each position, it will automatically reset to the center position. Not a on/off toggle switch.

You'll also need to research your headlight motor wires for the proper power wires to use.

I can also do one like I have where you have two switches, one for each light.:thumb:

Diabloed
12-25-2005, 12:57 PM
That would be great. I was kind of hoping to splice two harnesses together but I'm not sure that will work going from a 4 headlight setup to a 2 headlight setup.

Only set back is that the wiring doesn't have provision for the headlight motor wires.

85lebaront2
12-25-2005, 03:26 PM
What body is the LeBaron harness out of? If it was a J body, the headlight motor wiring shoul be there, but just for one motor. As for the headlights themselves, The wires are all there, you just need to put them in the proper location for the single headlights on the Daytona. Low beam should be Violet, High beam Red, and ground is black. Just use the old plugs from the 88 Daytona and the headlight wiring from the LeBaron. You will have two high beam leads, one low beam and two grounds on each side for the four lamp system. I can scan and send you the 88 Daytona stuff, but I don't have an 89 FSM so can't send the LeBaron part. If you use the relays, you should be able to do it as a simple up down, Chrysler used a module to operate the motors.

pooky
12-25-2005, 03:44 PM
What body is the LeBaron harness out of? If it was a J body, the headlight motor wiring shoul be there, but just for one motor. As for the headlights themselves, The wires are all there, you just need to put them in the proper location for the single headlights on the Daytona. Low beam should be Violet, High beam Red, and ground is black. Just use the old plugs from the 88 Daytona and the headlight wiring from the LeBaron. You will have two high beam leads, one low beam and two grounds on each side for the four lamp system. I can scan and send you the 88 Daytona stuff, but I don't have an 89 FSM so can't send the LeBaron part. If you use the relays, you should be able to do it as a simple up down, Chrysler used a module to operate the motors. Thank you. That is what I was looking for. The headlight motor part is easy, it's the high/low beam I'm concerned with.

85lebaront2
12-26-2005, 10:22 AM
One thing I noticed in the 87 Daytona section I scanned for someone on TD.com, the Daytona has a pair of diodes in the headlight feed circuits for each side and a grounding switch activated by the motor at full up. This is probably due to the headlights being in the pods rather than just having covers like the LeBaron. You may need to splice into the original headlight wiring just behind these connections. It probably keeps the lights off until they are all the way up, and the diodes are to keep one light from cross connecting to the other if one side fails to open.