PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat housing

shelbyES
02-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Mine is pretty crusty, is it ok to sand blast it to clean it up?

contraption22
02-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Sure. But I really like the TU aluminum O-ring housing. Any chance I get to avoid using RTV is awesome.

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Sure. But I really like the TU aluminum O-ring housing. Any chance I get to avoid using RTV is awesome.

+2, awesome, never need a gasket again plus they look sweet, :thumb:

Captain Chaos
02-23-2009, 11:38 PM
I have a cast housing, did those ever come factory or is it an aftermarket one?

135sohc
02-24-2009, 12:07 AM

I think those are/were aftermarket only. Napa sells them

As for the original question. if the housing is heavily pitted after you clean it up. it wont seal very well

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Yep, aftermarket.

I think those are/were aftermarket only. Napa sells them

As for the original question. if the housing is heavily pitted after you clean it up. it wont seal very well

Depends on how pitted, sealer works wonders.

Chad T
03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
+2, awesome, never need a gasket again plus they look sweet, :thumb:

Just got mine and it really does look sweet!

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/gallery2/d/83431-1/tstathsg.JPG

86turboz
03-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Just got mine and it really does look sweet!

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/gallery2/d/83431-1/tstathsg.JPG

I will agree that that looks pretty sweet, but damn that is a lot of money for a t-stat housing....my cast one from from Advance cost me like 5 dollars....although I had to cut the head of the bolt down because the bolt holes looked like this ---o-O---o- instead of this --o--O--o-- maybe when I am as rich as you guys, I can buy pretty stuff...sigh.

Chad T
03-09-2009, 01:25 AM
I will agree that that looks pretty sweet, but damn that is a lot of money for a t-stat housing.....

It is a lot of money for a t-stat housing but once I saw it I was glad I got it.

I thought about it for a long time and even tried to get Chris to give me a discount but he said he barely breaks even on these.

I looked everywhere for a housing that size that looks decent but couldn't find one. Jegs has chrome ones for mopar V8s for $9 but they're too big.

86turboz
03-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Yea, it sucks tryign to find them...I know I got the last one in the region at the time, when I bought my cast t-stat housing