PDA

View Full Version : 2-pc intake on VNT car

SpiritedShelbys
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Is anyone running one? If so are there any modifications which need to take place to run one? Info will be greatly appreciated!!

gvare001
02-23-2009, 07:59 PM
No mods needed. It's a plug and play thing.

GLHNSLHT2
02-23-2009, 08:08 PM
gonna have to play around with how the vac harness/charge temp/PCV system is routed. But other than that it bolts right up. Kind of a waste since the VNT is choking off the head but hey to each their own.

SpiritedShelbys
02-24-2009, 01:38 AM
it's only a waste if you're shooting for more than 300hp IMO. I don't see any reason it'll be a waste with a bigger vnt turbo with supporting mods to achieve 250-260hp with a vnt car reliably. Got CA smog patrol here and it's more than difficult to even own an old car these days. Gotta be practical and realistic and i'm not moving out of CA anytime soon. I'll never own a race-only car that can't be driven on the street... soooooo ... I set real goals. LOL

turbovanmanČ
02-24-2009, 02:02 AM
If you put the bigger turbo on, I think this will be a nice mod.

BTW, can't get ahold of my friend yet, :(

GLHNSLHT2
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
It's kind of a waste because even though the intake flows better the VNT chokes the exhaust side so you don't get anymore air into the cylinders. As far as I can recall the upgraded VNT's are the compressor side only. That was my point.

SpiritedShelbys
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM
agreed. I just want to keep the thing that sets it apart from all the others, the only thing that makes it special. I'm putting a t3 in my other vnt car.. so if I have the desire for real power...:evil: I don't think with the mods I've got planned that a 13-something sec street car can't be had from everything I've read/heard. Probably late 13's but still as fast as my old srt4.. good enough! :thumb:

CNH320
03-11-2009, 10:25 PM
It's kind of a waste because even though the intake flows better the VNT chokes the exhaust side so you don't get anymore air into the cylinders. As far as I can recall the upgraded VNT's are the compressor side only. That was my point.

True on the top end but i would think the longer runners of the 2pc intake would serve to really bump up the torque on the low end giving an even better feel on the street. I think this would be a good combo with the speedy spoolup of a VNT. Maybe i'll try this out someday.

GLHNSLHT2
03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
The runners might be slightly longer but they're also larger than the 1 piece so they still flow more up top. I went from a 2 piece, to a ported 1 piece back to a stock 2 piece because the bottom end was the same but the mid-range and top end were much better.

Rod Enis
05-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Check this one out. the guy said this is a VNT and has some Relentless Performance parts on it. NOT mine but if it has everything listed, you cant go wrong. Just have it shipped to you.

1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT

Good luck

MNmopar
05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Is there supposed to be a link there?