PDA

View Full Version : New/upgraded door latches

135sohc
02-23-2009, 04:11 AM
All 4 of my door latches are starting to go bad. The plastic coating on the latching mechanism that rotates around and hooks on the bolt/striker is very worn down and binding at times. finding good ones in the junkyard is probably going to very hard as there all going to be equally worn out given the age and design limitations.

So I've been thinking. The latching mechanism on our 03 concorde is super slick. Could shut the door with one finger pushing on it. Anybody ever swapped out to something newer. like from a neon, cloud car. LH ect ?

some problems I see would be. the bolt/screw locations are different, the concorde uses a different style catch/striker bolt. no idea how big or different the concorde assembly is or how its activated ? our cars use simple rod assemblys, with alot of newer stuff using cables to do everything.

But if it would fit in there and made to work. How nice would that be ?

89ShelbyGuy
02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I was thinking of doing that on my daytona...i never got around to it...i was going to go to the junk yard and just see if i could find the same bolt pattern and that has power door locks that are located in the same...or kind of the same spot on the door panel...then if i had to make some custom rods..make them myself...