PDA

View Full Version : Chris? Kevlar Street and Strip Clutch

Xtrempickup
02-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey Chris i got a question for you. i still have ur kevlar clutch and now i have a 16V masi that I'm going to mate a 92 523 up with it and I need a clutch and i know it fits the tranny. what kind of pressure plate can i use other than one of yours? can i use a TII or TIII stock plate with it or should i just frisbee this thing into the garbage and buy a stock replacement clutch with plate and disc from autozone

Chris W
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Chris i got a question for you. i still have ur kevlar clutch and now i have a 16V masi that I'm going to mate a 92 523 up with it and I need a clutch and i know it fits the tranny. what kind of pressure plate can i use other than one of yours? can i use a TII or TIII stock plate with it or should i just frisbee this thing into the garbage and buy a stock replacement clutch with plate and disc from autozone

Tom,

We use thicker pads on our clutch discs for longer life. A stock (generic) pressure plate will not work since we modify our pressure plates for the thicker discs. Not to mention we complete a stone ground surface on pressure plates with Kevlar set ups We can sell Kevlar pressure plates by themselves. PM us if interested.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Xtrempickup
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
ok stock replacement clutch will have to do

Chris W
02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
ok stock replacement clutch will have to do

We carry them as well for $165. That includes the heavy duty throw out bearing and clutch alignment tool.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

Xtrempickup
02-23-2009, 12:11 AM
i have a stock replacement around or can get one for about 100$ so its really not cost efficient Chris, just wanted to know if it was feasible since i had p plates around

moparzrule
02-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Have fun not being able to disengage your clutch

Xtrempickup
02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
with a stock clutch and stock plate il be able to engage my clutch just fine you neanderthal LEARN TO READ Matt. Chris this is why i don't buy from you, ppl that work for you voicing they opinion when they cant comprehend whats typed and make snide remarks when their advice isnt requested and is pointless when voiced. this guy loves to start problems ALL THE TIME.

88_pacifica
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
...you neanderthal LEARN TO READ Matt. Chris this is why i don't buy from you, ppl that work for you voicing they opinion when they cant comprehend whats typed and make snide remarks when their advice isnt requested and is pointless when voiced

dam dood... ;)

-in before the lock!

moparzrule
02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
ugh *sigh* nevermind

It's nice to know you're on such a short fuse there Tom, don't hold anything back now.