PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler .63 a/r turbine housings are back!

Chris W
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM
After countless emails and telephone conversations with Turbonetics we finally convinced them to bring back the Chrysler style .63 A/R turbine housings. Unfortunately, they won't be completed until March. If you are seriously interested in reserving one for your turbo then we strongly suggest contacting us as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU

"Top Fuel" Bender
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Nice Job Chris :clap:
I know that's been a real BIG issue

Chris W
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks Bruce!

Well, it's not a "complete" victory yet. We'll see if they do more after this next batch is depleted.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Kind of a mixed blessing as you redid the header for both flanges, :o

Glad they actually listened for once. :thumb:

Chris W
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Kind of a mixed blessing as you redid the header for both flanges, :o

Glad they actually listened for once. :thumb:

And the swingvalve too.:banghead:

That's okay, the day will come when they will discontinue the housings for good. When that time comes we will be prepared with a solution.:thumb:

Chris-TU

omni_840
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Good to hear! So will you be selling just the housing or complete turbo's with the housing?

mcsvt
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
It could be because I kept begging to have my SII .63 housing on a new turbo... Or at least that didn't hurt :)

Chris W
02-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Good to hear! So will you be selling just the housing or complete turbo's with the housing?

We are not sure at this time. We will make an announcement once we get more details.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

omni_840
02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
We are not sure at this time. We will make an announcement once we get more details.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Cool, keep us posted :thumb:

gti_7
02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
After countless emails and telephone conversations with Turbonetics we finally convinced them to bring back the Chrysler style .63 A/R turbine housings. Unfortunately, they won't be completed until March. If you are seriously interested in reserving one for your turbo then we strongly suggest contacting us as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

Chris-TU

from total left field, what is the difference between your design and turbonetics? Or was it more for the manufacturing? Thanks for all your hard work :clap::thumb:

bernie

BadAssPerformance
02-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Nice work Chris :clap:

Chris W
02-21-2009, 07:41 PM
from total left field, what is the difference between your design and turbonetics? Or was it more for the manufacturing? Thanks for all your hard work :clap::thumb:

bernie

Turbonetics manufacturers them and we resell them. We have pushed them hard over the last few months since many of our products utilize the unique Chrysler bolt pattern. We are going to work on them now for the Chrysler style compressor housing. Hopefully the outcome will be the same. Wish us luck.

Chris-TU

Chris W
02-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice work Chris :clap:

Thanks JT. I guess one of your products now also relies on the availability of these. :D

Chris-TU

Darkapollo
04-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Chris, are these in stock?
As long as my tax return hits my bank tomorrow im going to order one.

Chris W
04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Chris, are these in stock?
As long as my tax return hits my bank tomorrow im going to order one.

Yes, we have over 25 of these in stock right now, but, they are reserved for turbo purchases and will not be sold separately. Hope that works with your plans.

Chris-TU

Darkapollo
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
No, i just wished to purchase a housing. i have no need for a new turbo.

2.216VTurbo
04-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes, we have over 25 of these in stock right now, but, they are reserved for turbo purchases and will not be sold separately. Hope that works with your plans.

Chris-TU

Shocking that they are only available with a turbo purchase:rolleyes: I'm betting that if someone *only* needed a housing upgrade and TU doesn't offer that option, any Turbonetics dealer would have access to the housings. Just talking out my a$$ of course but sounds reasonable...

Chris W
04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
No, i just wished to purchase a housing. i have no need for a new turbo.

Unless your turbo is fitted with Turbonetics newer style F1 turbine wheel or you remachine the wheel for an older style stage 2/3 wheel the housing will not fit. Turbonetics stopped machining their turbine housings for Stage 1, 2 and 3 turbine wheels last year.

Chris-TU

Darkapollo
04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I just dont want to drop a franklin on a stock .48 when I can get the .63 for a bit more. And I dont want to redrill the manifold for the standard t3 pattern and then need a new SV for the ford style.

Its just a stock T2.. no stage what ever... I fubared my .48 when I was changing the SV from 2.25 to 2.5 and I dont really want to buy a stock housing.

Chris W
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Shocking that they are only available with a turbo purchase:rolleyes: I'm betting that if someone *only* needed a housing upgrade and TU doesn't offer that option, any Turbonetics dealer would have access to the housings. Just talking out my a$$ of course but sounds reasonable...

There were limited quantities manufactured and Turbonetics was sold out even before they were completed. I am doubtful that there will be anymore made in the future though. Many of the ones we have were already reserved for customer turbo builds and I have several of my own projects that I will be using them for as well. Check with other vendors. They may have different plans with their supply. AFAIK there could have been up to 2 other vendors who received some.

Chris-TU

Chris W
04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
I just dont want to drop a franklin on a stock .48 when I can get the .63 for a bit more. And I dont want to redrill the manifold for the standard t3 pattern and then need a new SV for the ford style.

Its just a stock T2.. no stage what ever... I fubared my .48 when I was changing the SV from 2.25 to 2.5 and I dont really want to buy a stock housing.

Then the last batch of turbine housings Turbonetics produced would not work for you. Your best bet is to look for a new/used older style Stage 1 .63 A/R turbine housing in the for sale section or on Ebay. The new list price on the F1 style .63 A/R turbine housings is $263.09.

Chris-TU

Chris W
04-09-2009, 11:48 PM

I might have a used one around. Call me tomorrow and i will see what I can do to hook you up.

Chris-TU

mopar-tech
04-10-2009, 05:35 AM
After countless emails and telephone conversations with Turbonetics we finally convinced them to bring back the Chrysler style .

You have my sympathy, I had nothing but migraines from trying to convince them to make stuff for Chrysler, I was even willing to cough up $10,000 for tooling costs.

"Were just not interested" is not what I wanted to hear, amazing the doors are still open there.

tryingbe
04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Gary D is back!

GLHNSLHT2
04-10-2009, 11:15 AM
wake up, he has been for a while.

Juggy
04-10-2009, 02:36 PM
The new list price on the F1 style .63 A/R turbine housings is $263.09.

Chris-TU

wow, looks like the price of the older style stage 1 housings are going to skyrocket considering they are now NS1

Chris W
04-10-2009, 03:48 PM
You have my sympathy, I had nothing but migraines from trying to convince them to make stuff for Chrysler, I was even willing to cough up $10,000 for tooling costs.

"Were just not interested" is not what I wanted to hear, amazing the doors are still open there.

Not much has changed there, if anything, it's probably gotten worse when it comes to Chrysler products. The 2.5" swingvalve and Chrysler specific compressor housing are NS1. With the introduction of the large turbine shaft and now their new F1 style wheel they are making it difficult to upgrade customers existing turbos forcing them to purchase new ones. We are doing all we can to keep upgrade options affordable.

Good to see you back on the boards Gary. Hope all is going well for you.

Chris-TU