PDA

View Full Version : leaky bov: is it??

mark
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
How do you when your bov leaks. at wot the boost drops off?

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2006, 11:06 AM
TIII's are known to leak when they get older. You can hear the boost leaking when you get on it or the boost jumps around. It could show up at WOT but usually, its a control thing if it jumps around.

mark
04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
it is dropping back when at wot.

I got a new bov on the way.

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2006, 11:31 AM
What are you using for boost control?
Is it stock?

mark
04-10-2006, 12:08 PM
is it stock... good question...

previous owner put in:
+20's, turboXS MBC, homemade FPR

previous owner to that put in 2.5 cat back and there are switches in the car, and a few LED's I have yet to look into.

it's running pig rich, but I havent checked the pressure as my guage broke and another one is on its way.

the motor appears to be stock. Unfortunately until the weather gets a few degrees warmer on some weekends i cant dive into the car. My charger is in my garage, so the spirit has to sit in god's garage for me to get into it.

it runs great. I'm a little weary of running a sustained wot run. ive done short bursts.

it has its 10+ year old car thing.. Slight gas smell in it, shocks are poop, shifter is sloppy...

got konis on the way and some booger bushings. hopefully sunday its warm so i can take a look see on the gas smell issue, and work on figuring out what the aftermarket wiring is for.

but damn, I own a spirit R/T lol. I went thru my old bookcase of computer books, and I kept one Mopar magazine from a few years ago. it was about a family that had a 69 (i think) charger r/t, a daytona r/t and a spirit r/t.