PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1985 Shelby Charger, Maryland

Tbird232ci
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Up for sale is a 1985 Shelby Charger. The car has 148,xxx miles on it. This car has the AM/FM cassette, A/C (which needs work), rear window louvers, sunroof, 2.2T engine and 525 trans. The car is complete minus a few bits and pieces. The interior is complete and in moderate shape. It needs a headliner, the carper is faded, seats are a bit faded, but everything is there. There are no cracks, gouges, no tears or wear spots in the seats, the only issue with the seats is the embroidery is worn off on thea fronts. The body is relatively rust free. I haven't really been under the car to check the floor boards, but there is very little rust anywhere on the 1/4's or doors. There is a small spot of rust on the hatch under the spoiler. The L/R 1/4 has been hit, but it wasn't a bad hit. The 1/4 does show some good damage, and the bumper cover is damaged, and the 1/4 is not un-repairable. The R/F fender has been hit, then beaten out. The only things missing on the body are the small pieces of ground effects behind the rear wheels. The under hood is complete. The vacuum lines were all sorts of screwed up, so I eliminated the EGR and EVAP lines, used a vac block, and ran new lines for the MAP and boost control solenoid. The suspension is untouched since I have had it, and it does need a steering rack. It leaks out the top of the input shaft. The transmission shifts well, no grinds. The linkages are a bit sloppy, but what do you expect out of an L-body. The car runs half decent. It bogs and misses, then clears up and runs fine. It also runs a bit hot, but it does not prevent it from driving. I just did a compression test, and got ~130 on cylinder #1, and ~145 on cylinders #2-4. It's my daily driver at the moment, but since I've been laid off, I don't really have the money or patience to get this all figured out. I will list the new and performance parts I've got in the thing.

New, everything has less than 1000 miles on it.
-Tires. Kuhmo Ecsta ASX tires in 205/50/15's.
-Water pump.
-Map sensor.
-Plugs. Autolite 54's.
-Plug wires, cap, rotor.
-Fuel pump (255lph), fuel filter and pump strainer.
-Air filter (K&N drop in)
-Upper rad hose.
-Thermostat
-Cooling fan (12" electric for space)
-Fan relay
-Battery
-All belts, timing belt included.
-Air charge sensor.
-4 wire O2 conversion.
-Shifter linkage bushing that always fails on L-bodies.
-Front calipers, pads, rotors and lines.
-NEW master cylinder.
-Rear drums, shoes, and wheel bearings.
-Few grounds.
-Wiper motor.
-Wiper blades.
-Gauge cluster has been disassembled, and all the pins soldered in place. (Not new, but works like new)
-Bushings in the wiper linkages.

Performance parts installed:
-Fidanza adjustable cam pulley.
-Under drive pulley.
-K&N filter.
-FWD vac block (not performance, but pretty)
-85 Direct Connection Logic module
-Billet aluminum water neck.

Performance parts to go with it
-Autometer Z-series boost/vac gauge.
-Cyberdyne a/f gauge.
-Gauge pods pillar pod.
-Joe P boost controller with billet bracket.

Spares
-3 Heads
-Draw through T3 turbo and manifold
-1pc manifold
-Some misc top end parts
-Spare set of tail lights

All-in-all, I love this little car. It's fun to drive, has a little pep, and does get some looks, as ratty as it does look. I just haven't had the patience to work out the bugs as of yet. I paid 750 for the car, and as you may have read in some other posts, I chased my tail fixing things, throwing parts at it, and getting it road worthy. Well over double that in the car, but I do know you never get what you put in unfortunately. I'm located in Severn, Md, about 3 miles from the Arundel Mills mall. I'm home most of the time, so if you want to drop by, PM me, I can give you my phone number, and we can meet up. Come test drive it, jack it up, do what you'd like.

I'm asking 1400 with everything listed. I am negotiable as long as it's reasonable, and your intentions are reasonable. I will have pictures up later this afternoon.

Tbird232ci
02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Time for an update. Sorry about no pictures.

Anyways, broke a thermostat housing bolt off in the head. Broke an easy out off in the bolt.

If you want it, 800 dollars takes it all. I have spare heads, so you can swap a head, or if you have the tools to get the bolt out, you'll have a good running car. I just want it gone.

If it doesn't sell, I'll take my tires, my performance parts off, and I'll send it to the junkyard.

83Shelby
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Check out craigslist-Raleigh,NC-an '82 Dodge Rapage,white.Right now it's a 2.2 carb,auto.The guy says he also has another 2.2 carb with a five speed,all for 400.Maybe another project for Jay??

boneyardracing
02-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Consider a neon shell and damn near enough parts to make it a complete car for a trade?

Tbird232ci
02-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I appreciate the offer, but I've already got two other projects.

Tbird232ci
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I got some photos of it finally. Checked out the floor boards, and they're in great shape. Has a little damage where something got ran over, but nothing bad at all. Sadly, they're in better shape than my other cars!

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/Tbird232ci/Dodge/

83Shelby
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey T-bird,are you parting?Please dont dare get rid of that interior! Let me know,I have an '83,same color scheme!

Tbird232ci
02-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Not going to part it out. May have some people interested.

robertsmith26
04-21-2009, 02:59 AM
if you still have the car, i want to make an offer. i am in massachusetts. it is a shame to let one of these go to the crusher.

WickedShelby88
04-21-2009, 08:33 AM
That car is wayyyyyy to nice to part or anything besides drive for that matter. I missed a lot of good deals when my internet was off and this is definitely one of them.

minigts
04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Not going to part it out. May have some people interested.

Please let me know if you decide to part it out, I may be interested in some of the pieces.

turbojerk
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
PM me you'r bottom line. Maybe I can take it under my wing...

EaZyE426
04-21-2009, 02:36 PM
He hasn't logged onto the forums since 2-22-09, more than likely, it's sold or he changed his mind.

robertsmith26
04-21-2009, 05:04 PM
dammit. my post last night seemed to kick off new interest too. the difference between a winter project and a spring project is a matter of months...

jjd1241
04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I have a Shelby Dodge Charger I was trying to get rid of for my father. It is not in real good shape. The sun/moon roof is out and has some weather damage. It does fire right up when you put fuel in the carb and turn it over. I would really appreciate some feedback.
email: jasonduplin@gmail.com