PDA

View Full Version : What colors for my cars?

tommyturbo
02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok, here is my question. I've got two Daytonas to paint. I don't need anyone to photoshop, I can do it myself. But I also can already visualize these combos just fine. Don't know how to set up a poll on here, or I would

#1. 85 turbo z. It's a black on black leather car. I always loved the Garnet red over silver two tone. I think it brings out more detail in the cars design. Black hides it and it gets lost. If I repaint it I will do door/trunck jambs and engine area. Should I keep it black or go for the two tone red and silver?

#2. 88 Shelby Z. It's a radiant silver car. Should I keep it silver or do Imola red, it's a bmw color and a true deep red, not the orangy flash red. Not a fan of orangy reds. I know silver is a rare color on the 88.

CDNTurboZ
02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
In my opinion its a lot of work changing a car's colour unless you have the time, patience, etc

I had an 86 t-top turbo Z once that was white and I wanted black and gold. After two years I had a sandblasted shell that was gutted and painted black, ended up getting frustrated and selling it.

Especially if the car doesn't need too much body work to begin with I would leave it the same colour unless you have the time.

j4278h
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
leave the silver one silver, you can find plenty of red ones to repaint red.

BadAssPerformance
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Added a poll for ya :thumb:

Since you said you know how to photochop... gonna give us pics to help us vote? ;)

BadAssPerformance
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
leave the silver one silver, you can find plenty of red ones to repaint red.

Ditto

tommyturbo
02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok, I will photoshop when I get back to my mac at work on tuesday. Not that it is really that necessary, as I already have pics of all the combos I can just put up on here, lol. Just pics from the brochures, rather easy.

skitzo_inc
02-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm a fan of leaving everything the same color as normal. Way too much work/money into repainting the car a different color. Especially the silver one, those are not easy to find. I would leave it. :D

tommyturbo
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
I probably will leave the silver shelby z alone. However I really am thinking about red/silver for the turbo z.

2.216VTurbo
02-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey Tommy, you have a SHO too? I was plinking around over there after LoudSHO92 sent me a link...

tommyturbo
02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
HI Alan,
Yes I have 2. An 89 And a 95. Alpha and Omega of the V-6 5-speed cars. I'm having an ongoing issue with the 89 for the CID circuit. The 95 runs like a top, has a high flow y-pipe and high flow cats, and full exhaust on it but really shitty paint. Stock otherwise. The 89 has subframe connectors, strut tower bar, and short shifter, I suspect it has lowering springs but not sure, but stock otherwise. I'd like to do the exhaust and y-pipe on it also, but not until the electrical gremlin is fixed. Growing up my mom had a 87 GLHS and Dad had a Taurus, both cars I adored. Never got to drive them when I was a kid, so got them now.

JohnnyIroc
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm a fan of leaving everything the same color as normal. Way too much work/money into repainting the car a different color. Especially the silver one, those are not easy to find. I would leave it. :D

i really hate repaint too
but i just can not stand silver cars half the cars on the road are silver!

2.216VTurbo
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
HI Alan,
Yes I have 2. An 89 And a 95. Alpha and Omega of the V-6 5-speed cars. I'm having an ongoing issue with the 89 for the CID circuit. The 95 runs like a top, has a high flow y-pipe and high flow cats, and full exhaust on it but really shitty paint. Stock otherwise. The 89 has subframe connectors, strut tower bar, and short shifter, I suspect it has lowering springs but not sure, but stock otherwise. I'd like to do the exhaust and y-pipe on it also, but not until the electrical gremlin is fixed. Growing up my mom had a 87 GLHS and Dad had a Taurus, both cars I adored. Never got to drive them when I was a kid, so got them now.

Seems funny to me that dad had the family car and mom had the race car:lol: Bring one of the SHO's to the SoCal meeting sometime, I'd like to check it out...

tommyturbo
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok, I can do that. I've been wanting to come out for a while, but thursday nights make it hard with work the next day, it ends up being alot of driving.

tommyturbo
02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Oh, and as for my parents....my mom always had fast fun cars for the most part.
She had a 95 Cutlass Supreme with the 3.4 DOHC (crappy car, but was great when new),
the 87 GLHS, one of those late 70's trans am, was gold with the big bird on the hood (think it had the 6.6 liter) and the last car before she passed away was a 03 PT GT.

My Dad had a mostly boring family cars, the Taurus's being an exception. I remember a Cutlas Cierra with the 2.5 (what a painful ugly slow car) a 85ford ltd.