PDA

View Full Version : VR6 bites the dust...

BoostMonkey
04-09-2006, 11:09 PM
:thumb: Well a kid I know that used to be involved quite a bit in the local street races met up with me and some buddies last night. He's running a '99 Black Jetta VR6 5 spd, with an exhaust and a "chip".:thumb:

Race 1: I honk it off to 3 and we take off. We launched real even, but about midway in 2rd i started pulling on him. The end result was me by 2 1/2 lengths. Spirit-1, Jetta-0.:amen:

Race 2: We go from a 25 mph roll. 3rd honk and we're off. He gets 1/2 length on me right off. I hit boost in 2nd and get a "chirp" outta the tires then grab third and I get even with him. Top of third I had him by 2 1/2 lengths, end of race I only had 3 1/2 lengths on him. Spirit-2, Jetta-0.:thumb:

Race 3: He wants to do another dig, so we honk it off again. My traction is shot (it had started to rain)to hell! I lifted twice in second and ended up shortshifting to 3rd. He won by 2 lengths, but I was pulling on him pretty good. Spirit-2, Jetta-1.

Overall a kickass session of races. All races were ran up to 90 MPH (or around there) On the way back to town a sheriff goes flying by usin the opposite direction!:nod: My friend and I pull over at a local market just shy of town, and the Jetta continues to town. The sheriff stops at the market...

Her: "Is that your red car?"
Me: "Yes it is, why?"
Her: "Were you up hotroddin it up near alcoa a little bit ago?"
I look at my car and give her a big "WTF?" look, "No we just came from town and are meeting a buddy here that lives near here."
Her: "Okay, cause it matches the description perfectly, and it's too bad for you that your car fits the description. But have a good night."
:lol:

Pretty funny stuff.

Michael

Force Fed Mopar
04-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Lol gotta love those 4-dr sleepers.

fleckster
04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Spirit R/Ts are great for that! I've passed cops doing 80mph and they don't even notice me. I'm sure that mine being silver versus your bright red makes it even more stealthy. If you race anything that is considered a performance car (Camaro, Mustang, riced-out whatever) they will draw the attention away from you as long as you aren't right in the middle of handing them their butt when you are spotted!

BoostMonkey
04-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, I was surprised that the cop passed me 3 times before they stopped to talk. It was pretty funny, and we were all laughing about it the whole night.

My buddy was like "Damn, that thing is f%@#ing LOUD when the turbo kicks in!"

Michael