PDA

View Full Version : BadAss 2.2L/2.5L Equal Length Runner Tubular Header Group Buy

Pages : [1] 2

BadAssPerformance
02-12-2009, 01:14 AM
BadAss 2.2L/2.5L Equal Length Runner Tubular Header Group Buy

OK, about 10 years after making the original prototype, finally looking to make some copies of my original equal length runner shorty tubular header. The prototype picturded below is thin wall mild steel with JetHot coating on it and has lasted several seasons without issue.

The group buy headers will be thick walled stainless tubes with 1/2" flanges on both sides. Chrysler style 4-bolt turbo flange to be standard, options such as EGT ports or coatings currently TBD.

Pricing:
Currently TBD but expected between $500 and $700 depending on how many we get ordered. The materials and manufacturing procedure will cost less if there are 20 made instead of only 5. The first copy is in process and it will help gauge how much cutting and weldng labor is involved as well.

The purpose of this thread is to make sure that we did not overlook anything and to answer questions. If you are interested, please post in this thread that you are, interest at this point is not a promise to buy, that comes later. Once the questions are answered and the first copy is made I will have a better understanding of the pricing and we will start taking deposits.

Some questions answered...

Performance:
HP gains expected to be comperable to 8valves' (Aaron Miller) similar header discussed in this thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32354) however supporting mods will vary from application to application so higher yeilds are possible.

Custom fab and parts required and NOT currently included:
custom downpipe
custom oil and coolant feed lines
custom coolant return line
custom oil return into oil pan
custom air inlet and outlet to intercooler piping
At a minimum one of Johnny's Polybushing front motor mount or solid welded front mount recommended especially if you're close to the firewall with your particular vehicle/turbo combo.

Clearances checked:
clears the firewall in an L-body with a T3/T4 hybrid
clears both Saginaw (metal resivior) and ZF (plasic resivior) power steering pumps
clears steering rack with stock style swingvalve 2.25" and even 3" TU unit
clears runners on 2-pc intake and 1-pc intake
clears small housing high torque starter/solenoid (may require mounting stud removal)

Disclaimer / Reality Check:
This is not a direct "Bolt On" header that you can have running in an afternoon unless you have mad skillz and resources. Build tolerances from vehicle to vehicle vary so just because it fit perfectly in the Shelby Charger we bolted it in does not mean it will fit in every car.

Pictures:

http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_01.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_02.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_03.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_04.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_05.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/mstore/bap_parts/header/header_06.jpg

install pic

tryingbe
02-12-2009, 01:35 AM
It'd be wise to drill for both Chrysler and standard T3 flange, as Turbonetics stop making the Chrysler flange housing.

BadAssPerformance
02-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Good advise :thumb: Know anyone selling those flanges already made for dirt cheap? If so, please PM me.

johnl
02-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I would buy one of those.

Sloride
02-12-2009, 01:41 AM
That's down-right mean....

If memory serves.... (usually it doesn't) didn't you have this prototype flow tested as well??

BadAssPerformance
02-12-2009, 01:48 AM
That's down-right mean....

If memory serves.... (usually it doesn't) didn't you have this prototype flow tested as well??

Yes, Directconnection Steve did include it in his header flow test in this thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15476) and it actually did not flow as well as a huge log but did have good runner to runner consistency. It is obvious why in a flow test of this type that it flowed less, that is due to the length of the runner at a smaller cross section than the larger log plenum... like blowing air thru a straw vs. blowing air out the window. I think I said it in that thread, I am not a fan of flow testing headers as a flow test does not accurately represent or explain how a pressurized turbo header functions with respect to exhaust pulse velocity and timing.

Birddog
02-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Good advise :thumb: Know anyone selling those flanges already made for dirt cheap? If so, please PM me.

There's a reason you don't see that flange often....

Sloride
02-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Yes, Directconnection Steve did include it in his header flow test in this thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15476) and it actually did not flow as well as a huge log but did have good runner to runner consistency. It is obvious why in a flow test of this type that it flowed less, that is due to the length of the runner at a smaller cross section than the larger log plenum... like blowing air thru a straw vs. blowing air out the window. I think I said it in that thread, I am not a fan of flow testing headers as a flow test does not accurately represent or explain how a pressurized turbo header functions with respect to exhaust pulse velocity and timing.

I just couldn't remember how equal your equal length header is.

May i say, its pretty darned equal.

(#1) -1.3 #2) -2.8 #3) -3.7 #4) 3.2)

30 PSI SHADOW
02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
sounds good. So it definitely is an improvement? Im in if it makes more power than a stock ported log....

bill

8valves
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Dang JT, nicely posted. I think that covered what we discussed quite well!

Mr. Baker, it certainly is a worthwhile investment for anybody serious about wanting to make some big power. Even with the little 'ole papa smurf Daytona of mine it made up to a 15 WHP/WTQ gain above 4500 rpm. That is over a stock manny, not a ported one, but it's also through a 2.25" SV, with a stock head, stock intake, stock turbo (+ .63 housing).

On a well modified car I would see no reason a good header couldn't make a gain of over 40 WHP over top of a ported manifold.

BadAssPerformance
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks Aaron, and thanks to your hard work and dyno test for getting me finally considering getting a batch made for this community :thumb:

4cefedomni
02-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm in if you do one with a standard t3 flange:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm in if you do one with a standard t3 flange:thumb:

You already have a manifold, :eyebrows:

4cefedomni
02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
lol that was fast! I have a couple TBI manifolds that i can make into headers, but these look like they would flow a bit better than that!

8valves
02-13-2009, 09:37 PM
This thread needs more exposure. I don't think people check the group buy section all that often. I had to look hard to even find it.

2.216VTurbo
02-14-2009, 12:24 AM
You know the flange on my S car header is drilled for T4 and Chrysler, much closer than T3 and Chrysler. In fact, one hole is elongated and one hole is redrilled, thats it...

T3/Ford/universal, isn't that the *tiny* little rectangle:lol:?

TurboRon25
02-14-2009, 01:31 AM
excuse me. These are for 8v motors. I don't think you are allowed to post in a thread that has less than 16 valves. ;)

j/k
Ron

I've seen the prototype years ago and it's better than it looks in the pix.
This sums it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Juggy
02-14-2009, 07:21 AM
whats the flange thickness at the head???? looks to be 5/16 or 3/8 at most

I see the flange has not been seperated between the ports?? is this thing going to bend n flex? warping the initial surface???

I know the TU headers warped because i currently have one that I had remachined at work flat. might be something to consider!! if a big log manny can warp itself over .060" with a thicker flange Id like to say its going to happen to this as well

BTW looks great!! if i have/had money id be all over it....and yes aaron is right about the group buy section, it doesnt get the exposure it should!

maybe it should have its own space under the vending section??

edit: how much space was between the L body firewall and t4 comp housing???? think a GT30R could fit back there with this? :love:

Juggy
02-14-2009, 09:11 AM
BadAss 2.2L/2.5L Equal Length Runner Tubular Header Group Buy
The group buy headers will be thick walled stainless tubes with 1/2" flanges on both sides.

Performance:
HP gains expected to be comperable to 8valves' (Aaron Miller) similar header discussed in this thread (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32354) however supporting mods will vary from application to application so higher yeilds are possible.

Custom fab and parts required and not currently included:
custom downpipe
custom oil and coolant feed lines
custom coolant return line
custom oil return into oil pan
custom air inlet and outlet to intercooler piping
At a minimum one of Johnny's Polybushing front motor mount or solid welded front mount recommended especially if you're close to the firewall with your particular vehicle/turbo combo.

Clearances checked:
clears the firewall in an L-body with a T3/T4 hybrid
clears both Saginaw (metal resivior) and ZF (plasic resivior) power steering pumps
clears steering rack with stock style swingvalve 2.25" and even 3" TU unit
clears runners on 2-pc intake and 1-pc intake
clears small housing high torque starter/solenoid (may require mounting stud removal)

Disclaimer / Reality Check:
This is not a direct "Bolt On" header that you can have running in an afternoon unless you have mad skillz and resources. Build tolerances from vehicle to vehicle vary so just because it fit perfectly in the Shelby Charger we bolted it in does not mean it will fit in every car.

I didnt notice the 1/2" flange part till after...so that shouldnt be a prob. he already said he ran it for a couple years with no problems so a thicker flange is going to be even more potent.

THe header being built was never claimed to be a bolt on! JT is upfront with the whole situtation by telling you everything thats needed to be done to make this work, if you want a bolt on header then go buy the TU header.

Im running a TU header now and looking at this, im sure it would help spool my turbo faster, and even make more top end power, over the TU header.

and also aarons obviously done the R & D with his tubed header. if 12 WHP gains can be had at higher rpm with stock 88 TII parts, then 40 whp gains are definately doable with a premo setup.

IMHO the original TU SS header was ONLY made for the ease of installing bigger turbos, providing the market with a true bolt on setup so no hassle is required. and someone had seen there was a way to profit.
R & D wasnt spent until the cast unit! the cast unit was created to find an easier alternative to making the SS versions, and considering they were really the ONLY option, until NOW...

this header is for those who want to go beyond "bolt on" status

Reeves
02-14-2009, 10:40 AM
excuse me. These are for 8v motors. I don't think you are allowed to post in a thread that has less than 16 valves. ;)

j/k
Ron

I've seen the prototype years ago and it's better than it looks in the pix.
This sums it up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

LMAO at the video!

Good job guys making this header available to the public!

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
whats the flange thickness at the head???? looks to be 5/16 or 3/8 at most

I see the flange has not been seperated between the ports?? is this thing going to bend n flex? warping the initial surface???

BTW looks great!! if i have/had money id be all over it....and yes aaron is right about the group buy section, it doesnt get the exposure it should!

edit: how much space was between the L body firewall and t4 comp housing???? think a GT30R could fit back there with this? :love:

The head flange started out as 1/4" and due to some warpage during welding I surface ground it completely flat. on one end it is only 1/8"! :eek: but amazingly enough it worked fine and never really warped enough that it could not be bolted flat. Eventually after many 30psi (intake so what 60 in the header?) runs it did start leaking a little on the ends but nothing you could hear. As stated the copies will be 1/2" flanges.

Very close to the firewall with the E cover, Thermotec on the firewall recomended.

OmniLuvr
02-15-2009, 12:02 AM
how bout an option of external wastegate?

BIG PSI
02-15-2009, 07:03 AM
I am very impressed with the header.
Just like I was impressed with Aaron's Header.

Now if JT could OFFER all the extra pieces needed to help make it more of a bolt on I to would interested in one.

Chuck

BadAssPerformance
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
After many requests, all posts not related to the group buy moved here.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34601

Lets keep this thread on topic please.

BadAssPerformance
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
how bout an option of external wastegate?

That would be hard to package with everything else in the way plumbed off the collector like it would want to be done. For mounting an external gate with this header, you could make a custom downpipe and using the WG hole turbine housing. If you are looking for more... 8valves can make full race headers ;)

I am very impressed with the header.
Just like I was impressed with Aaron's Header.

Now if JT could OFFER all the extra pieces needed to help make it more of a bolt on I to would interested in one.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck. I am thinking about offering that but know how alot of the DIY T-Mers like to roll... Also the oil return to the oil pan will possibly need to be routed differently per the car and axle combo that is in it so not easy to spec out precisely.

OmniLuvr
02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah, i agree, theres a lot going on around that collector, and i thought there would be more room in between the header and intake, pretty tight for an external. i like the turbine hole wastegate idea, im trying to build one right now.

Reaper1
02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
OK...I'm going to post here as well...

If I could scrounge up the $$$, then I'd HIGHLY consider running one of these headers. I think for what I want to try and accomplish and my performance goals, this part would work nicely. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
For those interested, how important is it that you can use the stock type SV housing, since you would have to make your own downpipe anyways?

johnl
02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
For those interested, how important is it that you can use the stock type SV housing, since you would have to make your own downpipe anyways?

I'd rather not have to buy a different SV to make it work but if it's necessary for L body clearance . . . . or similar engineering/fit cause, then OK.

Reaper1
02-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Honestly, I don't really care TOO much, but it would be nice to be able to use a stock-type SV assembly like TU's. However if that's not possible, then going with an external set-up would be my next move and I'd use a V-band for the DP. My only question then would be what to do about taking up for engine movement? Even though I run all poly mounts and a solid bobble, it still moves a little, so are we talking having to use a bellows assembly or what?

If it is suggested to go to an external wastegate set-up, is there going to be a provision to do that?

minigts
02-23-2009, 06:15 PM
I would prefer to use stock parts, in terms of the SW. So because I want this, it must be so. Thank you. :D

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I don't really care TOO much, but it would be nice to be able to use a stock-type SV assembly like TU's. However if that's not possible, then going with an external set-up would be my next move and I'd use a V-band for the DP. My only question then would be what to do about taking up for engine movement? Even though I run all poly mounts and a solid bobble, it still moves a little, so are we talking having to use a bellows assembly or what?

If it is suggested to go to an external wastegate set-up, is there going to be a provision to do that?

If not running the stock SV, you use some flex hose, like so-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/TIII%20engine%20build%20pics/Canoncamerapics060.jpg

BadAssPerformance
02-23-2009, 06:48 PM
i would prefer to use stock parts, in terms of the sw. So because i want this, it must be so. Thank you. :d

lol :)

BadAssPerformance
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
If not running the stock SV, you use some flex hose, like so-

or solid motor mounts :D

Reaper1
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Well, as I've said I've got ALL poly mounts AND the solid bobble(the tranny mount is the "race" version). I figured it would require some bellows, and that doesn't bother me, just wanted to make sure...

4cefedomni
03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
If I provided you guys with a flange for a different turbo would it be possible for you to put it on instead of the chrysler flange?

BadAssPerformance
03-03-2009, 02:37 AM
If I provided you guys with a flange for a different turbo would it be possible for you to put it on instead of the chrysler flange?

That might be a possibility but we could not gaurantee fitment of a different turbo with respect to the firewall, started, power steering, etc...

Mopar318
03-03-2009, 03:41 AM
When will people relize that swingvavles SUCK anyways.

90 degree 02 housing with v-band FTW!!!

BadAssPerformance
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
True, that is the best fro performance, however, that requires an external wastegate and even more fab... The 3" SV's available do a nice job.

"Top Fuel" Bender
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM
When will people relize that swingvavles SUCK anyways.

90 degree 02 housing with v-band FTW!!!

I've been saying this for years
Now if I can get people to use dual port wastegate cans or better yet external wastegates my mission will be complete

Reeves
03-03-2009, 05:28 PM
True, that is the best fro performance

:hail:

BadAssPerformance
03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Lol!!!

4cefedomni
03-04-2009, 12:23 AM
That might be a possibility but we could not gaurantee fitment of a different turbo with respect to the firewall, started, power steering, etc...

Thats cool, I think I would only have problems with the firewall and I don't have a problem with taking a hammer to it and persuading it to move:D

BadAssPerformance
03-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Teaser pic...

boost geek
03-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Nice lumpy cam.

bakes
03-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Looking good JT!! What's the clearance like to the intake runners?

BadAssPerformance
03-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Need to check a 1 pc... should be no problem 2 pc.

turbovanmanČ
03-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Looks good, :thumb:

Reeves
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Looks really good JT! I can't leave my desk right now......

Nice lumpy cam.

LOL! I take everything out of my mock up heads so they are much lighter!!!

BadAssPerformance
04-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Another teaser pic :D

bakes
04-02-2009, 11:17 PM
JT if I was to get one later made for me late late summer with a holset style flange would that be posible? pm me please.

Mopar318
04-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks like that collector is going to be a PITA to cut. Hope you got a band saw. All I have is a sawzaw. Hehe. Looks great.

BadAssPerformance
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
JT if I was to get one later made for me late late summer with a holset style flange would that be posible? pm me please.

Maybe... we'll see when the batch is actually made!

WickedShelby88
04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
After the group buy will there be the possibility for future purchases?

BadAssPerformance
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
That would totally depend on how many are sold in the initial group buy and if there is enough interest for a second group buy.

BIG PSI
05-13-2009, 01:04 AM
I have another question for you JT.
Can we get it built with an external wastegate ?

Chuck

BadAssPerformance
05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
For the group buy it would probably be all the same... maybe we could do some add ons. Problem is that everyone would want a different external location or flange type... Hmmm... maybe when we bolt it up for test running I can figure out where a good WG can go and make a DP combo... thats gonna cost quite a bit more tho.

UPDATE... It fit the test vehicle 99.9%!!! more to come ;)

8valves
05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Looks good bud. More effort than I want to put into it to make that thickwall collector!

turbovanmanČ
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
UPDATE... It fit the test vehicle 99.9%!!! more to come ;)

:needpics1:

BadAssPerformance
05-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Updated pics attached to post #1 :thumb:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34429

black86glhs
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
DO you think the tack welds will hold????:confused:
Seriously, looks great. Nice and smooth where the runners meet at the collector.:thumb::hail:

BadAssPerformance
05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
LOL... next steps:

-weld up
-baseline runs on the Shadow
-swap onto Shadow (take instalation pics)
-get new runs in with it

black86glhs
05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Sitting here with some popcorn waiting.........:eyebrows:

WickedShelby88
05-21-2009, 02:36 AM
If this thing doesn't improve the VE of an 8V engine what will;)

WickedShelby88
05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah I know what will work. I was just trying to give JT a compliment on his handiwork.

BadAssPerformance
05-21-2009, 12:23 PM
And the compliment was appreciated :thumb: I gotta pass along the compliment to the actual fabricator tho, I cannot take credit for his work :thumb:

black86glhs
05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
And the compliment was appreciated :thumb: I gotta pass along the compliment to the actual fabricator tho, I cannot take credit for his work :thumb:Oh hell, I thought you did the work.:mad:
The person doing it is doing mad superfly work, yo!!!!:clap:

BadAssPerformance
05-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Its a team effort, I dont have as easy of access to a TIG right now... and yes, it is beautiful work :clap:

Clay
05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
ok, I missed this the first go round I guess, but now that I see it, Im interested. FYI.

Reaper1
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
This may be a stupid, nit-picky, and worthless question, but is there going to be efort made to better match the round tubes to the squarish ports? I know with regular tubing all you need is the right madrel, but with this stuff I don't see that happening easily.

Like I said, probably stupid, just something I noticed...

BadAssPerformance
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
On the original I formed the tubes with a mandrel but that was thin wall mild... with the thick wall SS I would rather not stress the material as SS has a memory. The insides of the ports could be ground to taper outwards....

8valves
05-30-2009, 10:03 AM
It's not a bad thing to leave them as they are. They can act as an anti-reversion buffer. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

It looks damn good JT, and as I said before, WAY more effort into that collector area then I think a lot of people would realize. Those are some difficult cuts. Worsened by the thickwall.

Reaper1
05-31-2009, 11:50 AM
True on the anti-reversion. I thought about that, but then my fluid dynamics and aero thinking kicks in and I see turbulence, but I forget about the reversion thing! Thanks for reminding me! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
I didnt think about the anti-reversion either, was more thinking about flow... Good point Aaron! :thumb:

8valves
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey, I try from time to time.

ScottD
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
JT you got any engine bay pics you can share? I'm curious to see the turbo in relation to the firewall.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
JT you got any engine bay pics you can share? I'm curious to see the turbo in relation to the firewall.

First pic is in the SS prototype in the tightest compartment found so far, T3 comp housing 88 p-body that I think something is goofy with the engine mounts?

Second pic is the original prototype in the Z with a T04B comp cover on T3/T4.

I have another pic somewhere of a T04E comp cover on a T3/T4 with the original prototype in an L-body

minigts
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
First pic is in the SS prototype in the tightest compartment found so far, T3 comp housing 88 p-body that I think something is goofy with the engine mounts?

Second pic is the original prototype in the Z with a T04B comp cover on T3/T4.

I have another pic somewhere of a T04E comp cover on a T3/T4 with the original prototype in an L-body

Looking forwards to the pics of the L body prototype. :) I'd love to see how the clearance.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Amazingly enough it seem that the l-body has more room than the p-body? or at least that one!

ETA: moved the above posts to this thread from the BS one ;)

BadAssPerformance
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
NEWSFLASH!

BadAss Header Prototype to be viewable at SDAC-19!

Reeves
06-22-2009, 10:10 PM
NEWSFLASH!

BadAss Header Prototype to be viewable at SDAC-19!

:thumb::amen:

Juggy
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
:thumb::amen:

500whp equal length header on the omni????

Reeves
06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
500whp equal length header on the omni????

That would be cool! I want one with a normal T3 outlet.

4cefedomni
07-10-2009, 01:39 AM
any news on these??? I'm gonna be putting my motor together in the next couple months and would like to have one of these on it:evil:

BadAssPerformance
07-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Any news? Header only needs a couple slight mods and it will be ready to botl on. trying to schedule the baselien runs on teh Shadow... stay tuned

Juggy
07-18-2009, 10:16 AM
git er done JT?

BadAssPerformance
07-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Havnt touched it yet, gotta get the other conversion pieces ready first.

Having too much fun with eth Z right now :D

Juggy
08-05-2009, 10:34 PM
update? :D

4cefedomni
08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
:bump2: any news?????

Reeves
08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
www.bumptv.com

CSXT802
08-18-2009, 10:13 AM
www.bumptv.com

WTF^^^:confused:

Reeves
08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Bump ^

black86glhs
08-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Uh....JT....quit looking at the Link Reeves posted and give us an update....please.:confused:

BadAssPerformance
08-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Its sitting in the shop on the bench. Need to modify runner #2 for stud/nut clearance. Also need to get baseline runs on the Shadow.

turbovanmanČ
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Its sitting in the shop on the bench. Need to modify runner #2 for stud/nut clearance. Also need to get baseline runs on the Shadow.

So get OFF the computer and git r done, ;)

4cefedomni
09-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Any updates on this??????????

BadAssPerformance
09-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Still sitting on the bench. :( Might have some time waiting for a fixed rim on the Z ...

bakes
09-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Any updates on this??????????
Don and me are waiting but we are getting worried as next spring race season is coming and we both need them for a winter upgrades.

Free bump to the top

BadAssPerformance
09-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Actually yes I do have an update. Test fitting on a Shelby Charger this week.

As far as back-to-back testing... we'll see if he likes how it fit ;) or, will have to wait a bit. My plate is really full with work right now.

Let me ask this, how many are interested w/o testing? Thats really the only main holdup right now.

cordes
09-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Actually yes I do have an update. Test fitting on a Shelby Charger this week.

As far as back-to-back testing... we'll see if he likes how it fit ;) or, will have to wait a bit. My plate is really full with work right now.

Let me ask this, how many are interested w/o testing? Thats really the only main holdup right now.

Depending on price I may be in for one should me current job continue on its present course.

BadAssPerformance
09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I still need to work on pricing...

Captain Chaos
09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I still need to work on pricing...

I have a price in mind, should you be interested in my price I would forgo the testing.:eyebrows:

Seriously, I agree with Cordes.

bakes
09-26-2009, 03:18 PM
1 without testing i will take should it fit into a 89LS with ps and a 2 piece intake with a S60 with a 3" swing valve with not to many Mods.

bakes
10-02-2009, 01:40 AM
well how did the test fit go JT?

BadAssPerformance
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
I need to get the pics (I wasnt there) but I heard it fits on the L body as good as the original prototype does :thumb:

bakes
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Sweet

cordes
10-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Good news JT. Let us know when you have pricing worked out.

black86glhs
10-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I would be happy to do a test fit in a GLHS for you JT. I happen to have one in my driveway that is getting the engine rebuilt. :D:eyebrows:

4cefedomni
10-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Right on so it should fit on my omni with no issues!
The only question is can you make me one with a flange for a he351 vgt?

BadAssPerformance
10-03-2009, 01:21 AM
The problem with offering different flanges is fit cannot be checked... you'd have to sign up for possible interferences.

4cefedomni
10-03-2009, 02:42 AM
this car is not a daily driver and has no heater, I have no problems beating my firewall for a bit of clearance:evil: as long as it clears my starter and power steering pump I'm happy. from the looks of it the starter shouldn't be a problem and I think the turbo will be far enough back that the "swingvalve" or v-band elbow should be fine too.

bakes
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Right on so it should fit on my omni with no issues!
The only question is can you make me one with a flange for a he351 vgt?

just request that the turbo flange bolts(4) not be drilled and put the holes in yourself

4cefedomni
10-05-2009, 05:45 AM
the he351 vgt uses it's own unique size of flange it has a larger opening that a t3 flange and the bolt spacing is different. So it would be easier to just get a he351 vgt flange off ebay and weld it on.

bakes
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Bump?

BadAssPerformance
10-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Still gotta figure some stuff out on it...

minigts
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM
JT I don't know if this has been asked or addressed anywhere, but how is the turbo support bracket affected? Would a new one need to be made for it?

BadAssPerformance
10-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Great question, as I do not think it was discussed yet in this thread.

I did not run a turbo support bracket with the original (thin wall mild) prototype and do not forsee needing one for the updated SS version.

...but then again I havnt run one on a stocker for years and have had no issues

4cefedomni
11-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Any updates?
Is there a possibility that you could be making these in a month or two? I have all my parts back from the machinist now so I would like to start putting my motor together soon

BadAssPerformance
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Unfortunately production wont start for a couple months at the soonest.

I do have an update tho, the prototype test fit quite well in Tommy's charger with a T3/T4E turbo and TU 3" outlet :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Very nice, :hail:

Will power steering fit?

BadAssPerformance
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Yes, PS does fit... the ZF pump for sure, the Saginaw might need some slight bracket massaging. I think I posted pics already?

4cefedomni
11-05-2009, 12:06 AM
very nice!
Do you think you could make me one with a he351vgt flange? I can provide the flange.

minigts
11-05-2009, 12:09 AM
How about a built in heat shield mount, or something of the like for the starter? Not sure what the best option would be, but maybe something that can bolt on to diffuse the heat to the starter?

BadAssPerformance
11-05-2009, 12:18 AM
very nice!
Do you think you could make me one with a he351vgt flange? I can provide the flange.

I think I answered this one before... just wont be able to guarantee fitment to firewall, etc.

How about a built in heat shield mount, or something of the like for the starter? Not sure what the best option would be, but maybe something that can bolt on to diffuse the heat to the starter?

When I ran the original prototype on the Z I used thermotec starter wrap w/o issue. I think Summit sells one for pretty cheap now

4cefedomni
11-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I just wanted to make sure.
Would it help if I sent you a flange now?

BadAssPerformance
11-05-2009, 12:50 AM
For now a picture might help, but the flange not needed yet...

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
For now a picture might help, but the flange not needed yet...

need a stack of flanges :eyebrows:
plasma cutter is still running inconsistant
holes are o.k. because the stainless doesn't harden
but the finish looks like cast iron

Mill is already to go though
:evil:

4cefedomni
11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll see what I can find. And I'll try and get measurements on the studs and opening.

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Should be this one
T4i or called WGMT

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/thumbs/8a44_2.jpg ('http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/8a44_2.jpg')

:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes, PS does fit... the ZF pump for sure, the Saginaw might need some slight bracket massaging. I think I posted pics already?

That was like 6 pages ago, I forgot already, :eyebrows: plus someone could be wondering like me, :D

Just use the DEI or Summit wrap, no need for JT to supply that kind of stuff, ;)

minigts
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Just use the DEI or Summit wrap, no need for JT to supply that kind of stuff, ;)

It wasn't a supply I was inquiring about, but a boss or something welded on the header for a metal shield or something. My questions are about usage and function, not to see what all I can get with it, which is why I asked about the support bracket previously. :)

turbovanmanČ
11-05-2009, 03:44 PM
It wasn't a supply I was inquiring about, but a boss or something welded on the header for a metal shield or something. My questions are about usage and function, not to see what all I can get with it, which is why I asked about the support bracket previously. :)

Well quit asking all these damn questions, :eyebrows: :amen:

minigts
11-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Well quit asking all these damn questions, :eyebrows: :amen:

I CAN'T HELP IT!!!! I have to, otherwise the little things that aren't noticed will continue to go unnoticed! :p I was thinking a couple of mounts for a piece of metal as a shield would be a good idea, but a heat shield wrap would work well too. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
11-05-2009, 03:50 PM
need a stack of flanges :eyebrows:
plasma cutter is still running inconsistant
holes are o.k. because the stainless doesn't harden
but the finish looks like cast iron

Mill is already to go though
:evil:

Hmmm.. got a pic of the plasma cut finish? is it staight (not tapered) and smooth?

"Top Fuel" Bender
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Hmmm.. got a pic of the plasma cut finish? is it staight (not tapered) and smooth?

minor taper that were working on
the finish on the stainless looks like a cinderblock though
trying some different setting next week

4cefedomni
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Should be this one
T4i or called WGMT

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/thumbs/8a44_2.jpg ('http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/8a44_2.jpg')

:thumb:

I dont think so, the holset vgt is not a twin scroll design. I'll take some pics and measurements next time I go out to my shop.

bakes
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I dont think so, the holset vgt is not a twin scroll design. I'll take some pics and measurements next time I go out to my shop.

I believe the mounting holes are the same just no bridge between the the two sides.

4cefedomni
11-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Could be, I'll still measure it just to make sure

bakes
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I guess there is no posiblity that there will be one ready for my wife to slip under the tree this year?

Reeves
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
I guess there is no posiblity that there will be one ready for my wife to slip under the tree this year?

I can be ready. Please send pics of wife.

_____DodgeZ add comments here______

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM
LOL!

Yeah, not going to be ready by then, unfortunately... Sounds like Reeves is tho! ;)

minigts
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM

ROFL Man that is funny. New quote for me. :)

Reeves
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
ROFL Man that is funny. New quote for me. :)

:clap: Never been quoted in anyone's signature before! :clap:

DodgeZ
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Damn, it is getting rough in here....

minigts
11-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Damn, it is getting rough in here....

Your truck is white with a camper top, FYI.

Captain Chaos
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
:bump:

Reaper1
01-09-2010, 02:42 AM
I agree! Bump! Where is this thing at in development?

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Its sitting in my garage at 8°F. :thumb:

Seriously now...

It would have gotten onto the car for test this past fall, however, it still needs to be modified slightly to be able to bolt onto the head. You can thank those that want power steerig for that :p

I have had quite a bit going on in my personal life this past year and although I hate excuses, that is a primary reason I have not touched it. Not to mention it was more fun to go race the Z as my little escape from reality :thumb:

I am working on setting up a shop in my basement so I can in fact work on it before spring.

I do want to get the prototype onto the Shadow and see what benefits it adds.

Stay Tuned...

Reaper1
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Oh...I'm staying tuned!! LOL

cordes
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Its sitting in my garage at 8°F. :thumb:

Seriously now...

It would have gotten onto the car for test this past fall, however, it still needs to be modified slightly to be able to bolt onto the head. You can thank those that want power steerig for that :p

I have had quite a bit going on in my personal life this past year and although I hate excuses, that is a primary reason I have not touched it. Not to mention it was more fun to go race the Z as my little escape from reality :thumb:

I am working on setting up a shop in my basement so I can in fact work on it before spring.

I do want to get the prototype onto the Shadow and see what benefits it adds.

Stay Tuned...

Are you suggesting that there will be yet another A/B test done? (Grabs heart and falls out of chair)

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't die Cordes! :eek:

Timing will determine if it is an A-B in 2010 or if I just use the baseline of 100+ timeslips from the Shadow in its current configuration.

cordes
01-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Timing will determine if it is an A-B in 2010 or if I just use the baseline of 100+ timeslips from the Shadow in its current configuration.

I may never fully recover. :nod:

Captain Chaos
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Good to hear. Thought you may have scrapped the plans since you were talking about a scattershield GB.

turbovanmanČ
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I think people would like an A to B test BUT this piece is still needed and the test should be icing on the cake.

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Good to hear. Thought you may have scrapped the plans since you were talking about a scattershield GB.

Not at all, I'm hopefully picking up a welder tomorrow so more projects can get done :)

Reaper1
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Hell, I'd lend my welder to the cause if I knew it would do any good, but it would take a little investment in the welder to make it to where it could even be used for something like this as right now it's only set up for flux-core (yuck)...not to mention in Florida :(

Mopar318
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I have a Tig still under waranty you could use. But im 3 hours away.

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the offers guy, I actually have one at work I can use but the 50 mile round trip blows... and I've needed one at home for years

4cefedomni
01-10-2010, 01:10 AM
So it's looking like spring before these are tested?
Any idea how long before you start making them?

bakes
01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
i really don't care for the testing i can do that myself just the test fit with PS is all i need
i just need this very soon as motor is starting to go back together and I'm ruining out of time

Juggy
01-10-2010, 11:47 PM

A- B is always nice. but honestly with your shad prolly being as consistent as I think it is, there shouldnt be any real need for any other type of testing. real world track gains r enuff to please me. and if makes mo power on a stockish setup like that, imagine what it will do for those running a more hipo setup

BadAssPerformance
01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
i really don't care for the testing i can do that myself just the test fit with PS is all i need
i just need this very soon as motor is starting to go back together and I'm ruining out of time

Yeah its gonna be a while, you might be out of time if yer looking to run by spring. The prototype did fit with PS however needs to be flycut and one pipe masassged to fit one header bolt.

A- B is always nice. but honestly with your shad prolly being as consistent as I think it is, there shouldnt be any real need for any other type of testing. real world track gains r enuff to please me. and if makes mo power on a stockish setup like that, imagine what it will do for those running a more hipo setup

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I got a stack of 13.0's at 102-104 mph

4cefedomni
01-11-2010, 12:56 AM
I just got my bottom end together today and bolted the head on. So I'm getting really close to needing a header too.

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah its gonna be a while, you might be out of time if yer looking to run by spring. The prototype did fit with PS however needs to be flycut and one pipe masassged to fit one header bolt.

Maybe see if people want it as is, and what about using the ZF pump, it gives alot more room.

I honestly see testing as pointless for the sale, people want them, :thumb:

8valves
01-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I bet it's no better than a ported stocker. :-P

Captain Chaos
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM

:fencing::drum:

BadAssPerformance
01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Maybe see if people want it as is, and what about using the ZF pump, it gives alot more room.

I honestly see testing as pointless for the sale, people want them, :thumb:

As-is it wont bolt on yet... but it clears both pumps.

One way or another, it will be tested on the Shadow...

BadAssPerformance
01-11-2010, 10:09 AM

Hey, thats for the other thread ;)

Badger
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
ok so it clears the p/s pump(s)...anything else theres an issue with? Will you still be able to have an operational heater, defrost,.....not that its a deal breaker but what about the A/C?

BadAssPerformance
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Both heater core and A/C hook up are nowhere near the header. :thumb:

4cefedomni
01-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Bump:bump2: any updates?

Juggy
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
B
i
g

b
o
o
t
y

b
u
m
p
!
!
!

4cefedomni
03-01-2010, 02:46 AM
I don't think it's gonna happen anymore:( Havn't gotten an update in a long time.
I'm probably just gonna get someone local to build me one cause I'm gonna need it soon.

black86glhs
03-01-2010, 02:53 AM
JT....put the crack pipe down and get to work!!!:p
What is up with the header, bud?

BadAssPerformance
03-01-2010, 07:55 AM
I don't think it's gonna happen anymore:( Havn't gotten an update in a long time.
I'm probably just gonna get someone local to build me one cause I'm gonna need it soon.

JT....put the crack pipe down and get to work!!!:p
What is up with the header, bud?

If you need one soon... do what you have to. Since the decision was made to test it, everything screeched to a halt. Not to mention the SS prototype still needs mods to fit.

I have also had a lot of changes in my personal life that I really dont care to get into here.

So will it happen? yes. When? please be patient.

black86glhs
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
If you need one soon... do what you have to. Since the decision was made to test it, everything screeched to a halt. Not to mention the SS prototype still needs mods to fit.

I have also had a lot of changes in my personal life that I really dont care to get into here.

So will it happen? yes. When? please be patient.

I am being patient, just bustin your chops.:D

bakes
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
:bump2:Still making this JT

BadAssPerformance
07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Thats the plan... still need to modify the one runner to make it fit, then get it on the Shadow to test.

turbovanmanČ
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Thats the plan... still need to modify the one runner to make it fit, then get it on the Shadow to test.

Why test? just make them now and make testing an option, I bet most will take header now and testing later, :thumb:

bakes
07-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I will test it for ya , im not worried about the Data .

black86glhs
07-04-2010, 10:25 PM
JT....I can test fit it on my 86 engine with 2 piece intake. Seriously. It is in the garage waiting to go into the GLHS. Let me know if I can help.

turbovanmanČ
07-04-2010, 11:22 PM
JT....I can test fit it on my 86 engine with 2 piece intake. Seriously. It is in the garage waiting to go into the GLHS. Let me know if I can help.

That's not the testing, its a dyno test.

black86glhs
07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
It's been so long, I thought he was still doing fitment testing.:p

BadAssPerformance
07-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Well, I was planning to do track testing on my Shadow and only got as far as getting baseline runs (the car always runs 13.00 @ ~104 and did again this spring) and have not fit it yet.

Fitment testing is completed and it will fit with power steering but there is now an issue with one of the manifold studs and runner #3. With the issues I've had on the 2.4L an dnuts coming loose I really want to try to figure this out so the header does not have to be pulled to fix one stud.

Also, do we have a KC article or something on which exhaust studs go into the coolant jacket?

turbovanmanČ
07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Also, do we have a KC article or something on which exhaust studs go into the coolant jacket?

No, but I can look at a head if you want.

puppet
01-18-2011, 01:47 AM
After all the problems folks have had trying to make other headers fit I kinda put it on the back burner... but its still in the works, finishing fitment issues soon hopefullyHey JT ... I'd like to add a constructive comment on your header if you do move forward with it one day ... hopefully you do. It would be pretty nice if you were able to rework the collector area to allow a twin scoll "ready" option.

I realize that, given your design, it wouldn't allow for the "optimum" cylinder pairing easily .. making that a compromise .. but .. one that I think people could live with. All the important aspects would still be there .. + the included pulse separation. ... anyway, just a thought.

BadAssPerformance
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
My first thought is that It could be done easily with merely adding a divider but with the current runner configuration would probably not be optimal for flow because the area reduction would be fairly abrupt... interesting idea tho. :nod:

BadAssPerformance
04-07-2011, 11:14 PM
FINALLY ... and update.

The flange got a little warped when welding so I took care of it tonight. Need to clean up a couple other things on it and it will eb ready to bolt on the test mule :thumb:

cordes
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
FINALLY ... and update.

The flange got a little warped when welding so I took care of it tonight. Need to clean up a couple other things on it and it will eb ready to bolt on the test mule :thumb:

When did you want me to bring the test mule by?

Mopar318
04-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I like that fixture. What kind of mill is that?

turbovanmanČ
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
About time, lol.

Still, not sure why you want to test, 90% of the buyers don't care and just want the product, :p

The other 10%, tough shitt, :wow1:

Aaron did all the testing for you. :nod:

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I like that fixture. What kind of mill is that?

Bridgeport Mill... not sure who makes the angle fixture but it is awesome :thumb:

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

About time, lol.

Still, not sure why you want to test, 90% of the buyers don't care and just want the product, :p

The other 10%, tough shitt, :wow1:

Aaron did all the testing for you. :nod:

Aaron's was a bit of a different design. 90% dont care? Really? After other consumer responses to other headers in the community I would be a fool not to test it.

Mopar318
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Bridgeport Mill... not sure who makes the angle fixture but it is awesome :thumb:

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Aaron's was a bit of a different design. 90% dont care? Really? After other consumer responses to other headers in the community I would be a fool not to test it.

Cool. Having a mill at home is awsome! That thing looks so small compared to the series II. If you find out who makes that fixture let me know...I want one!

contraption22
04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
About time, lol.

Easy there... we don't BAP to become the DCR of the 2.2/2.5 world! :)

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Cool. Having a mill at home is awsome! That thing looks so small compared to the series II. If you find out who makes that fixture let me know...I want one!

I WISH it was at home.. G-job at the office ;) ...Will do... Sure J&L sells them

No worries there, LOL

RoadWarrior222
04-08-2011, 10:15 PM
After other consumer responses to other headers in the community I would be a fool not to test it.

Please yerself, but we all know it's not going to be up to the greatness that is a ported stock mani... ;) :p :thumb:

omni_840
04-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Sorry if I missed this, but how much?

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Price TBD

black86glhs
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Price TBDYou tease!!!!! LOL

boost geek
04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
That header needs a Holset hanging under it. :eyebrows:

bakes
04-08-2011, 11:54 PM
JT how much does your header move the down pipe off center of the tunnel?

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2011, 11:59 PM
The turbo flange is centered vs. the offset of the strocker, so.. a couple inches. A custom DP and thermo wrap on the steering rack are required.

Juggy
04-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Deep Penetratoin and spermicidal wrap are required.

fixed for yeah :eyebrows:

RoadWarrior222
04-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Riiiight, spare us the details on how exactly you're gonna use yours Jug k thx.

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM

That will never happen, unless JT becomes a gazer, :p

What's BAP?

GLHNSLHT2
04-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Bad --- Performance=BAP :rolleyes:

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Bad --- Performance=BAP :rolleyes:

Durr on me, lol, :banghead:

Juggy
04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
That will never happen, unless JT becomes a gazer, :p

What's BAP?

Brutal Anal Penetration :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

ohhhh crraaaapp sorry JT im laughin my asss off here !!! :lol: :lol:

black86glhs
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Someone in Ontario please go pick up Juggy's prescriptions. Thanks.:thumb::clap:

BadAssPerformance
04-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Brutal Anal Penetration :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

ohhhh crraaaapp sorry JT im laughin my asss off here !!! :lol: :lol:

LOL... oh Juggy, what brings that up? Did you try to cross the border today? Oh Snap.... LOL :lol:

Juggy
04-11-2011, 09:59 AM
LOL... oh Juggy, what brings that up? Did you try to cross the border today? Oh Snap.... LOL :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was good. lol.....

turbovanmanČ
04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Juggy's had too many male friends over, he was getting ready for jail earlier, :p

Juggy
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Juggy's had too many male friends over, he was getting ready for jail earlier, :p

id rather people think I was gay, then think I was a child molester :amen:

free candy anyone???
:drum:

RoadWarrior222
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
It's only funny 'coz we don't realllllllllly think Simon is a child molester ... ... ... unless maybe they were azn and looked legal.

Punish'nRice
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
What ever happened with this? I just read entire thread to be left with umm???

BadAssPerformance
01-29-2012, 10:17 PM
SS prototype was tested on a car last year, need to get time to take a look at it to see if there are any issues, and cost out what it would take to make them with current material prices.

chilort
01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Subscribed. Can't say I'd be in for one for sure when the day comes, but I'd sure like to know when it happens.

Punish'nRice
01-30-2012, 01:37 AM
SS prototype was tested on a car last year, need to get time to take a look at it to see if there are any issues, and cost out what it would take to make them with current material prices.

Ok, when you get everything figured out and if price is still around stated price in OP I'll take one.

turbovanmanČ
01-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok, when you get everything figured out and if price is still around stated price in OP I'll take one.

2014 is looking like a good year, right JT? :bolt::eyebrows::lol:

BadAssPerformance
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
2014 is looking like a good year, right JT? :bolt::eyebrows::lol:

Looking to be before then... blew teh dust off the project and we're working up pricing based on current materal costs... stay tuned

BadAssPerformance
04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Cleaned up... enough off topic guys

DodgeZ
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Cleaned up... enough off topic guys

WTF faggot. Damn nazi do you think you are still a mod on TD?

;)

BadAssPerformance
04-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Yer mom dude.. I was never a mod on TD

DodgeZ
04-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Yer mom dude.. I was never a mod on TD

hmmm well clearly you wanted to be.

BadAssPerformance
04-08-2012, 12:13 PM
hmmm well clearly you wanted to be.

Whatever... Back on topic please

DodgeZ
04-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Whatever... Back on topic please

Yeah back on topic... 3 years later and no header, I think you need to get back on topic and not worry about a couple comments. It would be best if just delete the thread failboat.

BadAssPerformance
04-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Yeah back on topic... 3 years later and no header, I think you need to get back on topic and not worry about a couple comments. It would be best if just delete the thread failboat.

blow me

minigts
04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
That's BE-LOW me. Someone may take that the wrong way JT. hehe

DodgeZ
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
That's BE-LOW me. Someone may take that the wrong way JT. hehe

Now that is F'en funny. "Be LOW me"

turbovanmanČ
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
You guys need a room.

Reaper1
04-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I hope all this is just buddies jabbing each other...of not...REALLY?!

BadAssPerformance
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
All in fun...

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
All in fun...

So he says with gritted teeth, :lol:

BadAssPerformance
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I've never eaten grits... LOL

Reaper1
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
I've eaten grits....but that's probably not a story that's safe for the forums! ;P (you gotta be from the south to get this)

DodgeZ
04-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I hope all this is just buddies jabbing each other...of not...REALLY?!

JT is alright... no comment on Simon.

turbovanmanČ
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
JT is alright... no comment on Simon.

Awww, you still care, shucks.

bakes
04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
All this cr@p aside what is your time line on finishing testing and getting the proto to market???

BadAssPerformance
04-11-2012, 07:03 AM
All this cr@p aside what is your time line on finishing testing and getting the proto to market???

It has performed well and seems to be a good design. I would like to test it more this year, however, everyone said its been tested enough so we'll see what we can do to make it happen this year. It will be advertized with a list of disclaimers like "race only, not tested for tons of street use" and also "has been test fit in G, L and P bodies, but no guarantee it will fit yours without modification" and "this is for the DIY racer, you will need to fabricate your own downpipe to make it work for your application" and "you will have to relocate your oil drain return lower (like into oil pan) to have proper drainage angle... and the list goes on LOL

Currently collecting material costs, after that, will post the price and start collecting deposits. Hope to be in production by summer...

Juggy
04-11-2012, 07:37 AM
It has performed well and seems to be a good design. I would like to test it more this year, however, everyone said its been tested enough so we'll see what we can do to make it happen this year. It will be advertized with a list of disclaimers like "race only, not tested for tons of street use" and also "has been test fit in G, L and P bodies, but no guarantee it will fit yours without modification" and "this is for the DIY racer, you will need to fabricate your own downpipe to make it work for your application" and "you will have to relocate your oil drain return lower (like into oil pan) to have proper drainage angle... and the list goes on LOL

Currently collecting material costs, after that, will post the price and start collecting deposits. Hope to be in production by summer...

aaww comon. its not going to be a "true bolt on" with zero modifications required to work with stock type parts like TU's stuff? lol....

RoadWarrior222
04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Well if you want easy, you just have to wait 20 years for nanobots in a spray can that you just hose in the intake... where they'll port everything and gap your plugs.... but we'll all be running a Mr Fusion by then anyway.

Punish'nRice
05-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Really looking forward to getting my mits on one of these, as I'm sure a lot of you are.

Punish'nRice
05-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Any updates?

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Got the original mild steel prototype to the guy with the SS prototype so he can swap the SS one off his car so we can make copies... will update when it is at the fabricator

Punish'nRice
05-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Got the original mild steel prototype to the guy with the SS prototype so he can swap the SS one off his car so we can make copies... will update when it is at the fabricator
Ok, keep us posted. Really looking forward to putting this on my build. :)

Punish'nRice
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Any new update on these?

BadAssPerformance
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Prototype still on car, but may be coming off soon... once it doesm fixtures will be made

RoadWarrior222
07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Well don't leave it too long or we'll be reading "Mild steel prototype fell apart from rust when removed please stand by while another prototype is made and 60,000 mile tested..." :D

BadAssPerformance
07-21-2012, 10:11 AM
The mild steel prototype is currently setting in a box... the SS prototype is on the car and needs to come off to get jigged up, and the MS proto will go back on that car in the mean time.

Punish'nRice
07-21-2012, 10:30 AM
The mild steel prototype is currently setting in a box... the SS prototype is on the car and needs to come off to get jigged up, and the MS proto will go back on that car in the mean time.

Is the SS prototype on your car or on someone that your working with car?