PDA

View Full Version : General: 85 turbo z parts

tommyturbo
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Ok, so I got this 85 turbo z. This is a preliminary list of things I need, and haven't seen in any yards near me.

1. rear wiper washer seal, where the wiper goes through the glass is missing.
2. Factory sunroof seal is chewed up and done, need that

will be more as I look I am sure. will be making a trip the yards soon.

supercrackerbox
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I replaced that wiper seal a couple years ago, got it at the dealer.

iangoround
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
rear wiper grommet p/n: 3799-824. I think this part is still used on minis and SUVs with rear wipers, so shouldn't be ahrd to come by at the dealer. Might be pricey though.

I have an 85 laser with factory sunroof, I think the weather seal on it is in good shape. I'll be out at the shop for a hot second tomorrow. I can pull it out, snap some pics, and you can make me an offer?

iangoround
02-09-2009, 09:49 AM
picture of the sunroof weatherstripping I have. Could use a bath of silicone spray but otherwise good. No dry rot, no cracks.

chilort
02-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Wiper Grommet (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=119)

tommyturbo
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
picture of the sunroof weatherstripping I have. Could use a bath of silicone spray but otherwise good. No dry rot, no cracks.

Hey, looks good, just curious is this go around the edge of the glass or under the glass on the body? I didn't think to look. I just know that the rubber around the edge of the sunroof glass is all tore up, chunks missing,etc.

butchsuppe
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
I'd sure like to know how you are. as I live in the west L.A. area + drive an 86 Laser. I hit the yards othen + attend all the SoCal SDAC meetings.

tommyturbo
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I'd sure like to know how you are. as I live in the west L.A. area + drive an 86 Laser. I hit the yards othen + attend all the SoCal SDAC meetings.

I'm fine! I live in the Antelope Valley (lancaster / palmdale) and work in Burbank. I went to one or two SDAC meetings a long long time ago. It's too much driving when i ahve to work the next day. I need to hit the yards to find a bunch of stuff for this 85 turbo z.

butchsuppe
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey I attend the Bob's Big Boy car cruise every fri. night on Riverside Dr. in hopes of meeting Jay Leno. Maybe you could check it out, with your Tona of course.:thumb:

tommyturbo
02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I've gone in the past, but would be open to coming out again! I work just down the street literally.

SpiritedShelbys
02-10-2009, 06:39 PM
wanna meet Jay Leno go to Spring Fling in Van Nuys...

butchsuppe
02-11-2009, 01:23 AM
wanna meet Jay Leno go to Spring Fling in Van Nuys...
Man I've been to every Spring Fling since it started and never saw Jay there. I did see Kenny Wayne Shepard there with his General Lee thu.

tommyturbo
02-11-2009, 03:14 AM
I have been to a few spring flings, took my blue daytona out, was at least 6 -7 years ago. I didn't find it to be much fun cause for the most part it's all muscle cars, and everyone and his brother would walk past the fwd stuff and say oh, those are just k-cars or it's a mitsubishi...since I really don't care much for muscle cars I just stopped going.

SpiritedShelbys
02-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Dude... u must be sittin by ur car then. Jay is almost a guarantee along with John Schneider. It's big, but not big enough to miss that perpetually.

SpiritedShelbys
02-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Yep Tom. You're right. That AND it's always the same old stuff... I don't participate anymore cuz I've got my own garage full every day with plenty I CAN'T see there. Fun occasionally tho..