PDA

View Full Version : i need help too, rampage no start, no power

plasticfantastic
04-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I have a 1984 Rampage that quit running, one day i was driving to work and it started missing like as if it was running out of gas, i downshifted and it went away,
got to work, parked it and then later in the day when i was about to head home i went out to the car and it wouldnt start.

i put the key in and the door buzzer was working, the dome light was working, but as soon as i turned the key NOTHING, the engine didnt turn over, there was no clicking noises, there was no door buzzer or dome light anymore.
I got someone to jump me thinking a dead battery, (even though its a new battery), and still nothing. i played around under the hood basically just moving this and that, wiggling wires and whatever i thought of at that moment, (without any real knowledge or purpose to what i was doing), as i did this i was listening for the door buzzer to ring, when it did, i would go turn the key and BAM nothing again.
we pushed the car and i popped the clutch to try and start it, nothing.

up until this happened, it started every time and ran great.

any ideas whats up with it? (edit) i just read the post about the other car thats not starting, i'm going to try those suggestions also.

thanks
doug

GLHSKEN
04-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Undo your battery and clean the terminals. This is a common occurance on cars. You have juice, radia works, turn the key to start and it shorts the connection at the battery...

I've had it happen on everything from 3 year old cars to old...

Dave_J
04-16-2006, 02:50 AM
It sounds like a fuseable link. On the drivers side of the wiring look for a wire that feels mushy. Mine was a grey with a black stripe. They look like a 12 Ga wire in size. What happened is when you played with the wires, it made contact inside the link but it wont carry much current so it burns open agian. DaveJ