PDA

View Full Version : Which do I drive?

neonsox
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Tomorrow is the first SDACNE meeting of the year, so I'm trying to decide which car to take up there. I've created this poll so those wiser can help me decide. The roads are dry but there's residual salt, forecast is for temps in the 40's and partly cloudy.

I'm trying to preserve the body on the Lancer. The Neon is a tank and the "winter car" so I'm not worried about it. Your vote determines what I do.

contraption22
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I say drive the Neon. No need to get the Lancer all salty.

mcsvt
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Todd was one of the few with a TM last year at the first meeting with your SL...

It's a hard choice.

neonsox
02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I think Todd was one of the few with a TM last year at the first meeting with your SL...

It's a hard choice.
Yeah I was looking at the pictures, saw a CSX, a Spirit and the Lancer. I have this same poll on two other forums, and the Neon is up in the voting because of the salt danger. Whatever the votes are is what will decide for me. I can wash the Lancer afterward or just save the work and drive the Neon.

Pat
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
What about the Lebaron?

mcsvt
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Ah yeah, Kelly had his Spirit R/T and Johnny B had his CSX-T.

neonsox
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
What about the Lebaron?
Ah that beauty of a car was part of the Lancer deal. If I had room for her, I would have kept her. I guess Tod has now sold it to somebody else, so it's out there somewhere still awaiting it's TII transplant. That was a sharp car but I couldn't pass on the Lancer.

Pat
02-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't blame you...it was a sharp car, but I'd take a SL over it any day.

rare_ram
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I voted for the Neon, but if you was the Lancer top and bottom I'd say it's OK to drive.

Skligmund
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I say take the Lancer and then wash it. What is the point of going without it? :D

Bozo
02-06-2009, 11:56 PM
There will be more meets when the roads are better.....I say save the SL, drive the Neon!

neonsox
02-07-2009, 12:26 AM
So far on 3 forums... 16-14, Lancer. That's about how I feel about it too. Thanks to all so far, looks to be a departure time decision at this point.

Turbo3Iroc
02-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Ah yeah, Kelly had his Spirit R/T and Johnny B had his CSX-T.

Yes and my Spirit R/T will be there tomorrow. However that is my daily driver. My other cars are still put away and not ready to come out for the season.

I didn't vote but it looks to be a nice day tomorrow (and dry) so if you're ok with some salt getting on the underside then bring it. You can aso run it through a carwash (with the chassis sprayers) after you get back home.

turbovanman²
02-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Lancer FTW.

MopàrBCN
02-07-2009, 07:26 AM
given that I drove my then New Yorker all the way up from Spain To Finland in December (from +10ºC to -35ºC) a total of 5000 miles both ways and more then half of the trip via salty de-iced motorways and the other half via pure snow without a single issue I suggest, get the Lancer. Although a Shelby - those are still being cars and in the first place they were made to be driven!! The Salt you quit on your way back with a quick under floor wash and thats it. Same applies to the engine. Get destilled agua and wipe it clean.