PDA

View Full Version : Bad Buyer? NITROWOLF_67

J&H Ryan
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
So I'm posting this here as a matter of rant and public record, as I don't need the headache over something so minor.

On Jan 29th, Dwain Smith sent me $11 shipped for a radio. The radio is one of my parts that is located an hour from my house in a warehouse where the majority of the stockpile of my TD parts is. I haven't gone out there yet to get it. I informed him yesterday that I would be going out there this weekend, and that I would send it out Monday (first time USPS would be open after I picked it up). Well, apparently that was unacceptable, and he put a claim out on my paypal today, freezing those funds. Needless to say, I'm ticked.

I can see someone being worried about being ripped off, but its not like I'm a newbie seller. I've sold hundreds of parts to happy buyers over the past 6-7 years, and my past postings on TD (where he PMs me at) reflects this.

If this 1 week demand, then a claim filed, is the way that new buyers (and he is new, I know I wouldn't be having to think about this with veterans) want to play, I'll be done. I'd rather throw the parts I have away then sell them for peanuts and deal with my paypal account being f'ed with when I don't drop what I am doing and run out to get a nearly free radio out.

That said, if a part I have is the holdup in a resto, or is needed to get a DD back on the road, I'll try to make a special trip. I love this group, thanks for all the support over the years, hoping this attitude is an isolated thing.

/rant off :amen:

Murphy
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
great....he wants to buy my digi dash

tryingbe
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
$11 shipped? Shipping and gas alone will cost that $11.

turbovanman²
02-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Personally, I would refund his money and tell him to pound sand.

black86glhs
02-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh boy....another whiny pay pal biatch. The intarwebs is so much fun!!!!:(

raccoon
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
eleven dollars?!

you see what happens when you try to do someone a favor???

BadAssPerformance
02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Personally, I would refund his money and tell him to pound sand.

Ditto

MopàrBCN
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Same here, not only for avoiding the trouble... at 11$ it is clear who is getting a favour and if this guy for what ever reason files a complaint at this stage, he later will call a lawyer if there is an imprefection at the radio....so get him the money and sell to people you know.

TopDollar69
02-07-2009, 01:02 PM
This is the type of crap that made me close my PayPal account.

bradp
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Thief plain and simple!!! He owes you at least the fees for Paypal. I HATE people!!

TopDollar69
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
You do have th option of refunding money with PayPal, and it shouldn't cost either party any fees.

turbovanman²
02-07-2009, 02:50 PM
You do have th option of refunding money with PayPal, and it shouldn't cost either party any fees.

Yes, you do but with the claim opened, I don't think you can do that until its been resolved.

MNmopar
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
That's weak, plain and simple.

NITROWOLF_67 sounds like a douche.

Murphy
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes, you do but with the claim opened, I don't think you can do that until its been resolved.

wouldn't refunding the money resolve it?

J&H Ryan
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Well, I picked up the radio today as promised, forgot Bryan Leach's stuff (dammit!, but will be going back Monday), but I'll ship the radio out Monday, just to hold up my end of the bargain. After chewing "nitro..." out (basically what I said in my initial post of this thread) he lifted the freeze. I say in the listing of the ad that the working condition of radio is unknown, so if it doesn't work, he can use it as a dingy anchor - for most others I would refund the cost of the radio with the exception of shipping, but prolly not going to happen if the radio turns out to need buttons or something (its 20+ years old...). Again, thanks for the support, see you guys around (in person or on the board).

black86glhs
02-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Well, I picked up the radio today as promised, forgot Bryan Leach's stuff (dammit!, but will be going back Monday), but I'll ship the radio out Monday, just to hold up my end of the bargain. After chewing "nitro..." out (basically what I said in my initial post of this thread) he lifted the freeze. I say in the listing of the ad that the working condition of radio is unknown, so if it doesn't work, he can use it as a dingy anchor - for most others I would refund the cost of the radio with the exception of shipping, but prolly not going to happen if the radio turns out to need buttons or something (its 20+ years old...). Again, thanks for the support, see you guys around (in person or on the board).That's ok Ryan. I was hoping to get the engine and trans out today, but had to tear into the wifes car for a coolant leak and it won't be finished until I get parts on Monday.:( So I don't need the stuff right away.:thumb: