PDA

View Full Version : Can my lounge thread be deleted?

TurbododgePirate
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I started the thread "SWPA-SDAC Steel City BS Thread: Turbo-Mopar Edition" in the lounge. Due to club problems arising I am now asking if the thread can be deleted entirely.

Thank you.

Rebel Rob
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
As part of the chapter and A poster in that thread I dont think it should be deleted

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I have posted in the thread but havn't read the thread for a while... just bowsing for 2 seconds I did not see any 'club problem' in the thread? :(

Clubs are hard to keep together at times. Just gotta remember that we are all in it for the same thing and to appreciate the common interests and respect others differences

TurbododgePirate
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Pretty please?

TurbododgePirate
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Post 7644 through 7660 page 383

TurbododgePirate
02-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Can I change the thread title if the vote does not go my way?

sdac guy
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't think starting a thread in a public forum means that there is any ownership, what happens in the thread happens, and the thread belongs to the board.

Because there are many folks that had real value in some of their posts, it would be a dis-service to them to delete those posts.

If any action is to be taken in the thread, probably the best bet would be to lock it. That way in time the thread will pass into the history of forum and only viewed by those going "back" in time.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
^^^ wise words Barry :clap:

Bardo
02-05-2009, 09:17 AM
If any action is to be taken in the thread, probably the best bet would be to lock it. That way in time the thread will pass into the history of forum and only viewed by those going "back" in time.

Barry

i like the delete idea but this would work just as well

Frank
02-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't know all of what is going on with all of you Steel City folks besides rumors and grumblings. However I suggest that everyone gets their acts together. I have no emotional or physical stake in this so here goes.

1. Everyone needs to get their act together. People who are not even a part of the club have taken sides, so it should be clear that you are affecting a lot more then just your chapter.
2. Set aside your egos. This goes for everyone - those who are arrogant, those who want control, those who don't want to be a part because of other egos, etc.
3. Look at your fellow people in the car club and be their friends not their enemies. One of the Mara brothers said, "the best way to ruin a sport is join a car club." Why did he say this? I think you all can answer this now.

So everyone, work our your differences. No difference is big enough to divide a car club. I use this rule and it goes for everyone - if more than two person accuse you of acting like an arse, then you probably are acting like one. Eat that humble pie. If anyone in that chapter who has had issues doesn't think any part of this message applies to them, then you need to eat that humble pie also.

Get to work all.

88_pacifica
02-05-2009, 11:34 AM
mmmm.... pie sounds really good right now for some reason. THANKS FRANK! Now I'm hungry. :mad:

TurbododgePirate
02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I prefer blackberry pie personally. Maybe Dutch Apple.

TurbododgePirate
02-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think starting a thread in a public forum means that there is any ownership, what happens in the thread happens, and the thread belongs to the board.

Because there are many folks that had real value in some of their posts, it would be a dis-service to them to delete those posts.

Barry

I can agree with this totally.

TurbododgePirate
02-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't know all of what is going on with all of you Steel City folks besides rumors and grumblings. However I suggest that everyone gets their acts together. I have no emotional or physical stake in this so here goes.

1. Everyone needs to get their act together. People who are not even a part of the club have taken sides, so it should be clear that you are affecting a lot more then just your chapter.
2. Set aside your egos. This goes for everyone - those who are arrogant, those who want control, those who don't want to be a part because of other egos, etc.
3. Look at your fellow people in the car club and be their friends not their enemies. One of the Mara brothers said, "the best way to ruin a sport is join a car club." Why did he say this? I think you all can answer this now.

So everyone, work our your differences. No difference is big enough to divide a car club. I use this rule and it goes for everyone - if more than two person accuse you of acting like an arse, then you probably are acting like one. Eat that humble pie. If anyone in that chapter who has had issues doesn't think any part of this message applies to them, then you need to eat that humble pie also.

Get to work all.

I heart Frank XOXOXO

Clay
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I heart Frank XOXOXO

gazer

Bardo
02-07-2009, 02:35 AM
just cause he's gay doesnt make him wrong