PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Turbo Shelby Charger

kp2009
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Wanting to buy a Shelby Charger. Will consider any. Prefer Red/Silver Turbo with a/c. I had an '86 back in the day. When I get my hands on another, I plan to keep it forever. I will have it as a collectible. Heated garage just waiting to give it a good home. I am willing to restore one, but it would be nice if the needs were minor. Please let me know of any. Thanks.

"Top Fuel" Bender
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Briceturbosports was tossing around selling his charcoal charger :thumb:
Sweet ride

JohnnyIroc
02-02-2009, 12:16 PM
welcome to the forum!:thumb:
there is always one that will pop up in the area

BadAssPerformance
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Where in IL? I know of at least one SC project car in the SDAC-Chicago club

skid mark
02-05-2009, 10:14 AM
have you found one yet i know of one in West virginia

kp2009
02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys. I found one. Got screwed, but glad to have it. Was advertised to have 36K, new paint and need nothing. What was delivered was 136K, turbo didn't work, bad exhaust leak from turbo rod being off and closing the butterfly in exhaust mainifold, oil leaks, other minor things. There's a big difference between a 36K mint car and 136K nice car. They're sending me some money back. It's a great looking car besides the paint being terrible on the hood. The rest is minor. I'm loving driving the car. I got lucky that the turbo problem was just the rod being off. It caused the pipe to manifold donut gasket to blow. I got a gasket for $15. From now on, I will travel to see before I buy. The body is really good, minor rust under car, interior is awesome condition.