PDA

View Full Version : fuel level guage not working

WOP'R
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
so the fuel level gauge isn't working anymore and i wanted to know how do i go about installing an aftermarket gauge?

buying another used dash would mean shelling out cash and having a 90% chance of the new gauge crapping out on me so i think this is a better way to go

Darkapollo
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
have you checked the fuel sending unit? before replacing the cluster or a gauge, check that first.
the sending unit is just a little float on a wire attached to the pump, the electrical contact will wear out (just like a head light dimmer switch, or a TPS).

moparfwdsleeper
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
have you checked the fuel sending unit? before replacing the cluster or a gauge, check that first.
the sending unit is just a little float on a wire attached to the pump, the electrical contact will wear out (just like a head light dimmer switch, or a TPS).

I wonder if that would explain why my gauge is nearly empty but shows 1/4 of a tank left.

WOP'R
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
yes i checked it. everything is in working order except for the gauge itself. So i would like to replace it with an aftermarket unit