PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Minivan e-brake pedal and hood release lever

The S is Silent
12-24-2005, 03:26 PM
I need the plastic hood release lever bracket and possibly the cable that goes with it. I have no idea how to take it apart.

Also...I need the emergency brake pedal and possibly the cable that goes with that as well.

Does anybody have information on how to remove either of these two pieces??

85lebaront2
12-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Matt, I don't think I saved those parts off the 87 and 89 I stripped. The hood cable is under the left "A" post trim and the cable and lever are one piece. On the E brake pedal, the bracket mounts to the inside cowl with probably 3 13mm head bolts, the cable attaches with a clip and a ball that hooks in a swivel on the front end of the pedal lever. I can look next time I visit a junk yard.

The S is Silent
12-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Crap for the cable and lever being one piece...that's what it looked like, but I was hoping it wasn't. Is there an easy way to remove the cable without tearing everything apart?

I'll take a look more carefully on the e-brake pedal also.

Thanks for the information...but I really wish you would have kept some of the parts ;)

85lebaront2
12-26-2005, 05:55 PM
The cable will come out if you remove the trim, then there are 3-8mm head screws. Under the hood you need to detach the cable from the latch, any clips and it will pull out from inside the van.

The S is Silent
12-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks. I put the order in to my junkyard today. I'm going to go pick it all up tomorrow morning...then I get to fight to get it all back together.