PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: turbo dodge project in NW IOWA

usetaboost
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
looking for something cheap but in running driveable condition. Not too worried about paint but the less rust the better. Taking over someone's daily driver would be perfect. Let me know what's out there. Otherwise I will have to resort to a 88 daytona c/s with turbo I 5 spd that makes my 87 Buick WE4 look good:yuck:

BadAssPerformance
01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
That Daytona doesn't sound so bad as a project:)

Anonymous_User
01-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Finally made it over here I see.

If anything pops up over this part of the state, I'll let ya know!

supercrackerbox
01-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Glad you came over!

TopDollar69
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm selling my daily driver Lebaron. Here is the link to the ad, I've dropped the price to $1500. I would be glad to meet in Sioux Falls if you would want to check it out.

usetaboost
01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah I sent you a PM man! I like this board. Good layout. I'm used to the forums being more specific like TB.com. Not trying to be a cheap ---, but 1500 is about double what I'm looking to spend. I'm probably nitpicking too much for what I want to spend. I did find what appears to be either a 86 laser or daytona turbo z. It looks good but I want something to play with a little and not have hassle, so the c/s may still be a better car for me. The rust isn't THAT bad but there is metal missing (stalked it some more yesterday:evil:) You guys wanna see somethin really F'd up?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/245736-my-progress-thread.html

My wife says I'm cheating on her with it:lol: I said well it does get me excited when I think about driving it:eyebrows: I LOVE BOOST:love:

I hope you guys aren't as obsessed with your TD's as much as us TB guys are, 2 obsessions that will never be done with will get me smothered with a pillow when I go to sleep:lol:

2.216VTurbo
01-30-2009, 11:31 PM
What's this 'Rust' thing you midwest guys speak of?:lol:

TuboNut's 85 looks pretty tuff and yours is coming along too. Any updates since those last pics? Body meet the frame again yet?

supercrackerbox
01-31-2009, 07:03 AM
What's this 'Rust' thing you midwest guys speak of?:lol:

Sorry, we can't all be from SoCal and own half of all the Masi cars ever built.

:p

usetaboost
01-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes there has been a little progress. It's been damn cold last couple months so I haven't got much done. I need to update the thread. Frame is patched and finished, rear is painted and bolted to stock boxed lowers and uppers with poly bushings, rear aluminum drums, I got the front upper A-arms rebuilt, patched the driver's side hole in the floor, and bought new urethane body bushings. It isn't so much buying of the parts for the car, it's all that free labor I can't get rounded up;) Lots of details to finish also. drivetrain is ready to go in. Not finished to my liking but the rest can get done in the car. Can't wait to get it finished so I can finally buy a progressive alky kit for it:thumb:

usetaboost
01-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, the rust repair is what separates the boys from the men:lol:
AND MY DODGE WILL HAVE A KNOCK ALARM TOO. even if i gotta make one. and alky:evil:

2.216VTurbo
01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
is the GNX the only place to get those rear brakes or is it a 'common' aftermarket item. I will have a GN/GNX someday myself. Pretty far down on the wish list but I usually work hard for and get the things on my list:thumb:

usetaboost
01-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Gbodies and fbody. The GNX is cool and allm but paying60k or above for a car to sit in your garage is retarded. Go buy a GN or any other turbo buick, throw a 500 dollar alky kit on it and a turbotweak chip adn smoke a GNX. The aluminum drums usually sell for around 100 a set. I got mine for 22 bucks at a u-pull it. My car is actually faster than a stock GN because the we4 (1 of 1547 made) was usually few optioned with lightweight bumper supports, drums, wheels, posi rear, all black paint and grey ttype interior. Kinda like the c/s package for dodge. My we4 has rear defrost, a/c, power windows, front license plate mount, and that's pretty much it. It was a factory radio delete car w/power antenna, no tilt wheel, no cruise, no delay wipers, or anything else. I have thousands of dollars into this car already from gathering parts and buying as much new and good used parts as I can. I couldn't tell you how many hours I have into it. I've seen nicer cars crushed, but I just had to save it when I found out how rare the options were on it. Must be why I keep eyeballing the c/s. It would complement my buick well. I can have the c/s take care of my lightwork and the big bad buick can give the curbstomps:hail:

TopDollar69
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Here is a picture of my first project car. It was an 84 Limited, 3.8NA 3spd. I swapped it to an olds 350, and TH350 trans. It was rust free car that I picked up in IA with a blown transmission for the huge sum of $1500. I also added the lightweight bumpers, 15 inch LeSabre wheels, and removed the padded roof. Of course I also had it painted. I wish it would have been a turbo, but I couldn't afford or find one back then.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Regal.JPG

usetaboost
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
You guys wanna hear something REALLY SICK? I was looking for a TB for almost 3 years real hard until I came across mine. Then abouta year and half ago right after I bought my 87 n/a regal limited (which looked just like yours) and I bought my wife the trans am, I found a 87 turbo limited wtih all all options in the ghetto. It needed work but I coulda had it for 1500 bucks-ALL orginal except for paint, wheels, and steering wheel. I tried my hardest to get that car. I was pissed when my "friend" told one of his "wheelndeal" friends about it and bought it out from under me and turned it for a profit. So much for saving a rare car. I think there was less than a 1000 87 turbo limiteds. It was all numbers matching and all original under the hood. Dont' see it too much these days.

usetaboost
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
bumpn:nod:

usetaboost
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
ahem:D

usetaboost
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Man, I mentioned turbo buicks compared to turbo dodges-OUCH!:(

dodgeman87
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey,
You should look into Karl's ( Dodge Aries K ) 1988 Sundance Turbo. Karl is a pretty good guy and the car has little rust but it's a project car.

Jim

usetaboost
02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm trying to get into a daytona, laser, or maybe even a shadow 2 dr, or a beat up glhs if someone wants to give it away:eyebrows: I'm trying to find something close. If it runs-great. If it needs a little love, then I'll give it just enough to keep coming back:thumb: LOL!

usetaboost
03-07-2009, 12:36 AM
nudge:bump2:

skitzo_inc
03-07-2009, 02:44 AM
So what's your limit?

Anonymous_User
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I know of a GLHT just outside Waterloo. Was there last summer, anyway. I'm confident it still is. Was rusty, needed a tranny, and they wanted $500 at the time.

If ya want, I can try to remember what county road it was on and go see.

usetaboost
03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
How rusty is rusty? Is this a draw thru turbo car? I'm not all familiar with the omni cars. What's wrong with the trans?

supercrackerbox
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Factory it would be a draw through car. Factory 525 transmissions are mediocre at best, but a swap/upgrade isn't difficult. I just highly recommend fabbing a linkage shifter rather than adapting a cable shifter.

Anonymous_User
03-08-2009, 01:43 AM
How rusty is rusty? Is this a draw thru turbo car? I'm not all familiar with the omni cars. What's wrong with the trans?

Rusty is quarters, rockers and front floor boards. I didn't get underneath, but reached up under the front and felt carpet. You'd be looking for a donor car to cut sheet metal from.

usetaboost
03-08-2009, 03:10 AM
sounds like the c/s is still better by far

usetaboost
03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
bump again:bump2:

supercrackerbox
03-18-2009, 10:28 PM
I may have a line on one in Seward NE. I don't know the asking price or any details, aside from it being a red '89 CS with the 2.5/5-speed. Last I saw the car (about a year and a half ago) it was very straight and no rust. The car is/was daily driven, but well cared for. I'll try and get contact info for the seller yet this week.

supercrackerbox
03-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Okay, here's what I found. Sorry, it's actually an automatic, not a 5-speed. The car is very straight and clean, with a gray interior that looks to be in pretty nice shape. The clearcoat on the wheels shows their age, but aren't terrible, and it has Fuzion tires on the front and Kumho all-seasons on the back, both with plenty of tread. There is a rust hole around the e-brake cable, but not so big that it couldn't be fixed fairly easily. The rest of the underside looked nearly spotless. Other than that, the only real thing I noticed is a section of the seal around the hatch glass is gone, but looks to have been filled with silicone, so it may or may not leak.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/supercrackerbox/parts%20sales/03200913391.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/supercrackerbox/parts%20sales/03200913381.jpg

usetaboost
03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Good lookin car, but for that kind of money it would have to be EXACTLY what I want. No hurry man, I can keep waiting. I'm sure "the one" will pop up sooner or later:) I might be flippin a car I'm going to look at tomorrow so maybe my budget will widen a bit. We'll just have to see. I have a couple people in town looking also.

I cann't remember if I posted this, but I went and looked at the 86 turbo z a few weeks back. The body is in ok shape but the underneath looks scary. The ebrake cable is dangling for one. The car is still all original and has the louver, sunroof, leather seats with some little ballsack looking thing sticking out, and it still has the red valve cover. Bad thing about it some of the motor and stuff is tore apart, it's an automatic, and god only knows what else is wrong with it. The front seats are trashed and the rear isn't far behind either. It would be a good project but I want something to drive. If the guy calls me back and tells me its mine if I come and take it then I may reconsider:thumb:

supercrackerbox
03-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Was it a white one by chance?

The ballsack thing is a hand pump for the inflatable thigh and lumbar supports. I'll tell ya, that lumbar support is a godsend after a hard day of breaking my back in the factory. By the time I get home, I'm usually nice and relaxed.

usetaboost
03-21-2009, 09:19 AM
yes it is.